Official: 2012 Modern History HSC Exam predictions thread (1 Viewer)

D94

HSC
N/A
Usually for Germany, it's 1 question on Weimar and the other one on Nazis/Hitler right?
It appears so, but in 2007, the first question asked for the years 1923 to 1939, so if we cut off the Weimar era at 1933 (when Hitler became chancellor), it does include the Nazi era. Since the question is about change, then knowledge of the Nazi era is paramount.

So don't just study one or the other, there is a good chance they are interrelated. They can easily give 2 questions on Nazis or 2 questions on Weimar. They can ask anything which is in the syllabus for that topic.

TheOptimist

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲
HSC
Uni Grad
My Predictions:
Germany(1919-1936): Either a question based on the Great Depression and its impact on the collapse of the WR, or Nazi Racial Policy
Conflict in Indochina(1954-1979): Either:attempts at peacemaking/developments in North and/or South Vietnam up to 1964/The impact of war on civilians (I went to a seminar where Dr Thomas Cantwell spoke, he said that he would place his money on this area of focus for this year's HSC).

P.S. enoilgam and D94 were you guy's able to predict the questions in your respective MH exams?

enoilgam

HSC
P.S. enoilgam and D94 were you guy's able to predict the questions in your respective MH exams?
I managed to predict one question from both Germany and Conflict in Europe - although I didnt base my study off those predictions. I think last year I predicted both the Germany and Conflict in Europe essays (which isnt saying much considering most people were able to predict them).

D94

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I predicted mine, but I guess it was fairly obvious for my year (2011) since they were the main topics which a question hadn't been asked in previous years (for both Conflict in Europe and Germany). However, in saying this, I doubt anyone predicted the question asked in the personalities section. Previously it asked to discuss a statement with regards to the personality, but last year they asked a question detailing 3 important aspects of their lives.

enoilgam

HSC
However, in saying this, I doubt anyone predicted the question asked in the personalities section. Previously it asked to discuss a statement with regards to the personality, but last year they asked a question detailing 3 important aspects of their lives.
I never bothered trying to predict the personality section to be honest - it's just too random. Part a is a bit easier.

TheOptimist

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲
HSC
Uni Grad
I never bothered trying to predict the personality section to be honest - it's just too random. Part a is a bit easier.
This exactly, personality questions can be rather spontaneous at times, especially with part b), the quote (pre-2011) questions were almost impossible to predict, however my teacher for Modern was able to get the quote question word for word in Ancient History.

inJust

HSC
I reckon how social and cultural life has changed after nazis

D94

HSC
N/A
I didn't mean "predict the exact question", but along the lines of no one could have foreseen a change in the style of the personalities question. It had been a statement + question for 4 years or something, and then last year they changed it to a question + question, which was unexpected. Everyone was expecting a statement/quote to discuss, even if they didn't know what it was about.

Eduard_Khil

CASIO fx-82ES PLUS
HSC
N/A
I'd think it'd be more about how society was influenced such as throughout the Weimar period leading up to WWII during the totalitarian state of 1933-1939 stuff such as culture, I mean that stuff hasn't appeared much in a while, might be time. If not this year, it'd be the next, the depression would hence also be an integral part of this.

enoilgam

HSC
Yes, I think my teacher was talking about that as well.
I got your PM - it might take a while to respond because BoS is screwing up at the moment.

I didn't mean "predict the exact question", but along the lines of no one could have foreseen a change in the style of the personalities question. It had been a statement + question for 4 years or something, and then last year they changed it to a question + question, which was unexpected. Everyone was expecting a statement/quote to discuss, even if they didn't know what it was about.
True - I think a few people were suprised to see that change.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Predications:
WW1: Ehh all source based really anyway so who knows
Indochina: Some question about the impact on civilians and one on American policy
Personality: Random as, maybe something about ambition/principles?
Russia: One about Stalinism and change in Stalin society and the other about Lenin and Bolshevik consolidation of power (Personally would love a Stain/Trotsky power struggle Q, love Trotsky he'd be a great personality study)

declanbehan

HSC
Predications:
WW1: Ehh all source based really anyway so who knows
Indochina: Some question about the impact on civilians and one on American policy
Personality: Random as, maybe something about ambition/principles?
Russia: One about Stalinism and change in Stalin society and the other about Lenin and Bolshevik consolidation of power (Personally would love a Stain/Trotsky power struggle Q, love Trotsky he'd be a great personality study)
This is pretty accurate, our Independent trial paper had a question based around Collectivisation and Industrialisation so Stalinism is likely and Bolshevik consolidation of power would be excellent if it related to War Communism/NEP or the Civil War (I'm not too good on the general info)

declanbehan

HSC
Personality section should not be daunting anyway: Part A is basically their life with reference to "rise to prominence" or "significant events"
and Part B is continuously relating to the quote or question

We've all done two english papers already so it shouldn't be that hard to structure

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
This is pretty accurate, our Independent trial paper had a question based around Collectivisation and Industrialisation so Stalinism is likely and Bolshevik consolidation of power would be excellent if it related to War Communism/NEP or the Civil War (I'm not too good on the general info)
I believe I did the IND paper too, I went for the Consolidation Q :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)