Official Adelaide dates (1 Viewer)

cando

HSC
Hey has anyone got their actual date for their adelaide interview yet?

Hurri

HSC
nup.....they said "end of the month" and today (saturday) is the 29th. MY guess is they sent it out on friday and all us interstaters will get it monday.

rockstar01

HSC
I called the health science department on friday and got the answering machine...

"our office hours are monday to thursday...blah.......and also if you are calling about the oral assesments for medicine please note that we do not reveal information of the phone and will be sending out letters for the exact dates in the week beginning 31st"

so they are going to start to send them out Monday

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
hahaha ... chill.. about 400 applicants feel the same way as u :)

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
I got mine today (in Adelaide). I'm down for a morning interview on the 6th December.
Interesting thing is, they say that they require you for 3 hours - before mentioning that the interview takes only 45 minutes. Surely deliberation of scoring couldn't extend the period to such an extent...

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
its so that they can fast track.. and under mind u :)

ill be there on the otherside of the building if u're bored :p

Hurri

HSC
mines the 9th. so interviews are on 5th 7th and 9th. At lleast i have one rest day between each interview. Is the Adelaide Campus nice pointdexter?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
honest to god.. not great but it appeals to some..

the med school is on the hospital side..
and across the road is the rest of uni.... the barr smith library, microbio building and eng quad and the sandstone parts are nice..
there are some real dog ugly bit... *cough*economic *cough*... but the botanical gardens are near by.. there is the Torrens River [not tat u could do anything in it.. think sydney major waterways style.. ] behind.. and they are putting a reserve where the old car park is..

i think it fairly alright..
UNSW may hav the grass square infront of the school... but we have frome rd to play chicken with :D...

honestly the new course reforms will make the school more science solid.... like for us it was DIY science but out of high school its not that appropriate.. :) so its fixed now..

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
The three hours takes into account waiting time and other logistics, as well as the possibility of needing another interview.

I think.

rockstar01

HSC
I am on the 8th in the morning

i want to stay at one of the colleges for a night maybe two ...which one is the closest to where the interviews are or the best?

rockstar01

HSC
I just booked 2 nights - 6th and 7th - at St Marks College...i've never been to adelaide so i figured this would be a good oppurtunity to check it out

pointdexter - what should i do and see while i'm there

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
smoke weed... possession isnt completely illegal here. just a $150 fine.. for less than about 100g... decriminalised in 1990s?.. lolz

get a good bottle of wine while ure here too..

to be honest.. ummm head down to glenelg.. beach town.. about 12km via the trams.. for a day out..
i have never been on the night life during wed or tues... but nth adel should have sumfing...
i dunno wat is a must see thing in adel.. cos its just a nice lifestyle.. like i just lik my travels to city.. its easy and close.. and im also not sure what ure looking for..

all the colleges are of equal distance.. about 20 mins walk to the med school.. 30 mins if u took my earlier advice to drink or use illicit substances....

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
EDIT: I started writing this before Pointdexter's reply. So some may be repeated.

There are basically four streets in all of Adelaide worth visiting.
North Terrace - You have your 'high culture' if you will. Council is pouring thousands into renovating this street. You have the Art Gallery, University and State Library along here.
Rundle Mall - Shopping strip development. Nice, I guess - but not the place you usually go to by things you need. Lively, nice atmosphere.
Hindley Steet - The street of promiscuous dealings. One side has cinema, pubs cafes and clubs, other side has tatoo parlours and brothels. Every Fri Sat Sun night it's the street for the mod-mobiles.
Jetty Road - This is in Glenelg. The above three streets are withing 10 minute walk of each other. THis one is farther away. It has the same purpose as Hindley street, but with a much nicer atmosphere, and it ends on the beach. No brothels here - lots of small shops, cafes, timezone, cinema, restaurants, pubs - then hotels on the beach front. Similarly, all you see down this street on weekend nights is a parade of japanese imported vehicles straining their 0.3 turbocharged engines to push those 23in wheels.

In two nights you have seen all in Adelaide worth seeing. All else is Hahndorf and Victor Harbour just out of Adelaide. That's it.

Last edited:

Hurri

HSC
anyone else on the 9th and the latter part of the 8th and want to hang out?

rockstar01

HSC
Thanks for the tips

It sounds like a pretty nice easy going place...i will probably be checking out the museums and cafes since im not 18 yet ..unless there are any loose places close by?

hahaha 100g...that's crazy so its only criminal if your dealing pretty much?
what's the deal with smoking in rooms aswell...i assume thats out?

rockstar01

HSC
Hurri where are you staying? at a college or somewhere else?

i am catching the plane at 6:30 so ill be free on the 8th after my interview till about 4:30 and i will be able to tell you what the questions were like ...

anyone want to meet with me on the 6th or 7th and hang out? we can have a bos med party

Hurri

HSC
dude when's your interview? i'm probably coming in the morning of the 8th and muck around for the whole day. I'm most likely booking at St marks because that's the one im applying for anyways so i thought i should check it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)