Official BOS 2007 Project Showcase (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls (always wanted to say that),

This is officially the first Official BOS History Extension Showcase - could '06ers please post up their completed projects!

Checklist:

1. Attachments are preferable. To attach a file to a post, click New Post (as if you were posting a message), type your message in, and go down to Manage Attachments. There, you upload the file from your computer. Don't stick the whole essay in a post! If you have trouble, send me a Personal Message or an email at rob.p@optusnet.com.au and I can upload it on your behalf.

2. Submit as much as you can: the Proposal, the Synopsis, the Essay, the Annotated Biblio, and the Process Log (if you typed it up).

3. If possible, please keep everything in the same file, I'd love if you could put the proposal and synopsis in the beginning of the essay, and the annotated biblio at the end. If you typed up your Process Log, stick that in at the end, as well. Having three files per message can be annoying... If you can't combine them, don't worry about it, and just upload them all.

4. Please put your title and the mark, if you've got it, in the body of the message. Also put in anything else that you feel is relevant, maybe a more personal comment, and other things that you couldn't put in the proposal.

5. I'd recommend doing this after you've submitted it to your school, due to issues with security. If you feel unsure, leave it until your marks are back. I understand that some people haven't even started their Projects, yet, but starting this early is better than having lots of unofficial threads floating around the place.

6. This isn't a thread for critiques or advice - completed projects only! - if you need help, create a new thread in the Project Forum.

I won't start uploading some of the projects into this thread immediately, as to give some people time to do it themselves.
Thanks.
That's all. :)

Rob / pwaryuex

A post script: I'm sure none of you have considered stealing someone's work, but I feel that I need to say something about it. Firstly, we all know that plagiarism is wrong because it's stealing from someone, but also lying to your teachers about your own work. It's also not helpful to you in the long run. Secondly, thieving does get caught - trust me when I say that a lot of teachers browse this site and download the attachments. It's worth such a big portion, so don't potentially ruin your HSC and UAI by cheating! If you're severely behind with your work, and are worried about your deadline, let us know so we can help!

------------------------

List of projects submitted so far:

mandas2choc's : Paris Commune - anarchist or communist state?
georgie.girl's : National Museum - victim of cultural wars?

Last edited by a moderator:

mandas2choc

HSC
Heres mine. its a discussion of the paris commune, as to wether it was an anarchist state or communist state. no marks yet.

& no log book.

manda xx

ps. proposal is on a different subject as i changed after this was completed & handed in.

X

xeuyrawp

mandas2choc said:
Heres mine. its a discussion of the paris commune, as to wether it was an anarchist state or communist state. no marks yet.

& no log book.

manda xx

ps. proposal is on a different subject as i changed after this was completed & handed in.
Thanks heaps!

Keep them coming. :)

georgie.girl

HSC
Alrighty, heres mine too, I did museums as history. My question was "National Museum of Australia: Victim of the Culture Wars?" I looked at the contraversy surrounding the museum, the politics and the effect of Aboriginal history on National identity.

Logbook wasnt typed sorry!
Got 38/40

thanks, and good luck to anyone still finishing theirs off,
Georgia

Last edited:

spence

HSC
mine's on the assassination of Philip of Macedon.. haven't got any marks yet, and no logbook

123erykb

HSC
Hi,

I did mine on the Black Athena debate,

My question was,

“Assess the influence of Ancient Egypt on Greece, and the implications of the “Black Athena” historiographical debate upon race relations within the United States”.

just got the mark back.

34.5/35

All the stuffs in there.

Thanks.

airbag

HSC
Here's mine

"Compare and contrast popular and historical interpretations of William Wallace"

It's just the essay

I got 35/40

my process log was pretty poor, i only got 7/10 for that
so that's the main reason why my mark wasn't absolutely fantastic

but hey, an 87.5 in an extension subject isn't exactly bad, especially considering i'm aiming for a mid 80

Studly.McGee

Banned
HSC
mandas2choc said:

& no log book.

manda xx

This sounds interesting, even though I don't do any History (i'm a politics man). Sounds just like something I would have done had I done History Extension.

rositamadeline

questionable
HSC
My topic was "Analyse the contribution of gender and feminist history to understanding women's wartime experiences in the 1992 - 1995 Bosnia Conflict"
my mark was 33/35 (i lost two marks for my bibliography because it was a shocking 4 in the morning the day before it was due attempt coz i spent the weekend at the ANU open day)

capone89

HSC
Here's mine, in which the question thingo was Evaluate the usefulness of Sidonius Apollinaris as a primary source in understanding more about life in Rome at the time of its downfall in the 5th century B.C.

Very interesting topic, as I was able to study a primary source at the time of Rome's collapse. Got 50/55 all up (23/25 for the essay) which was pretty awesome. I was also the only one in my class who did an "ancient" project - bit odd but I really enjoyed it.

Shoelia

HSC
I agree. Talk about hard act to follow. I can't write anywhere near as wonderfully as you guys all do, and your topics are very interesting. I'm glad you all did so well.

And yay for all Ancient topics :D

boris

Banned
HSC
If I can find it, I'll submit the one I did in 05 just incase anybody isn't sure on layout, etc.

Got 48/50 for it.

X

xeuyrawp

boris said:
If I can find it, I'll submit the one I did in 05 just incase anybody isn't sure on layout, etc.

Got 48/50 for it.
Post or GTFO. :p

boris

Banned
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Post or GTFO. :p
Settle down psycho, it's on my parents computer. Has to wait till the weekend unless I can get mother wench to email it :)

X

xeuyrawp

boris said:
Settle down psycho, it's on my parents computer. Has to wait till the weekend unless I can get mother wench to email it :)
=(

marshie133

HSC
This has helped me so much i'm currently doing mine on the serbian guerilla group the Chetniks and wasn't sure on the layout.

nmbookworm

HSC
Yeah this is crazy post guys. Loved to see the standard of work being produced before I start the subject itself next term. Good job guys! sorry if the reply is about 3 years older than the topic :p

Fusyy

HSC
Is there a download link that Im missing or a message where it says the projects have been removed because I cant access these projects at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)