Official BOS Trial 2015 Thread (1 Viewer)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
ahhaahah i thought you were joking because the latex didnt load... Carrot is question 16 like 2012 question 16 or like others plz dont make it like 2012
Q16 will be a bit of a surprise.

It proves something that you've all taken for granted, but I'm willing to bet it's never been formally proven for you.

Wasnt this a question on the 2015 integration marathon ?
Yes. It was one of the questions posted (but no substitution was given), and the substitution I provided there was one I figured out when doing the problem. I believe another suitable one may be u = x + 1/x, though iirc it doesn't come out as neatly.

I looked at it and felt i couldnt do any parts...
It looks very intimidating, but is actually very easy to do once you see what's actually happening in there.

Drsoccerball

HSC

It proves something that you've all taken for granted, but I'm willing to bet it's never been formally proven for you.

Yes. It was one of the questions posted (but no substitution was given), and the substitution I provided there was one I figured out when doing the problem. I believe another suitable one may be u = x + 1/x, though iirc it doesn't come out as neatly.

It looks very intimidating, but is actually very easy to do once you see what's actually happening in there.
My guesses are Simpsons rule/ trapezoidal rule or the AM-GM inequality :)

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC

I feel like I know what it is now.

Though it probably isn't what I'm thinking since you wouldn't be that obvious.

Drsoccerball

HSC
Carrot dont take offence but im leaving mc blank till the very end and circling random answers ahhah

shervos

HSC
Bad news. This year's cohort is better than last year. You gonna be shouting one person lunch, guaranteed.
I'm 60% sure you're joking but in case you're serious, what makes you think this year's cohort is stronger than last year? I'd say that last year's cohort was much stronger

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)