Official Drew's Thread 2005 (1 Viewer)

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
oh rape eh? not good. just rest it for a while. or better yet sit on a cushion in a hot bath. although that may make it worse. what sort of pain is it?

Boogert

HSC
N/A
lukebennett said:
oh rape eh? not good. just rest it for a while. or better yet sit on a cushion in a hot bath. although that may make it worse. what sort of pain is it?
I dunno man too many lollypops stuck up my arse.

Hey Smmozz man!!

I said Smoz!?!?!

Where are you?

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
hey jugzy. ie jugz of beer or jugz as in man boobs lol?

btw whats with the new username? hmmmmmmmmm

bit sus.

Last edited:

Boogert

HSC
N/A
Jugz said:
Yeah, that would be my fault.

Heyyyy Luke, its me Melby. This is my college fresher name. Cool eh?

Hey jugz we're gonna go one and two man, one and two

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
yeah well ive been at the gym but its to far to do regularly enough. when im at uni ill go 4 times a week. maybe less when swimming season is on but.

im trying to build my lower legs up and strengthen around my ankles so i dont get shin splints. its impeded my runnig alot. id be alot better if it wasnt for this. coaches get frustrated cause they say i shud be really competitive at national level if i can train and not get injured. well that was a few yrs ago when i was coached

Collin

HSC
N/A
Are you looking to build muscle or just get toned?

If you want a good 4 day split:
- Chest, tris
- Bis, back, forearms
- Shoulders, traps
- Legs

Another alteration I might do on busy weeks is to integrate shoulders into two days resulting in a 3 day split:
- Chest, tris, shoulders
rest day
- bis, back, forearms, shoulders
- legs

peteski01

Enlarged Member
HSC
N/A
JKDDragon said:
Are you looking to build muscle or just get toned?

If you want a good 4 day split:
- Chest, tris
- Bis, back, forearms
- Shoulders, traps
- Legs

Another alteration I might do on busy weeks is to integrate shoulders into two days resulting in a 3 day split:
- Chest, tris, shoulders
rest day
- bis, back, forearms, shoulders
- legs
hey man, i heard you're on a cut now? howve you been doing that without losing too much muscle?

Collin

HSC
N/A
Keeping up a high protein intake, and boosting glutamine intakes for pre/post workout pre/post sleep. Everything else is pretty much the same, except for of course the decreased caloric intake and the increased cardio. I have a cheat day once a week to boost my basal metabolic rate.

Jugz

HSC
N/A
Check me out guys.

How toned is this perfect body?

The muscule i pulled was my prostrate. naughty juggys..

Kanker

HSC
N/A
melbournian said:
Its 2 days on / 2 days off - mainly compound exercises

Workout 1:
Bench Press
Shoulder press
High pulls supersetted with Lat Pulley
Dips (own body weight) super-setted with tricep pull down
Abs

Workout 2:
Stretch
Deadlift
Squats
Bentover Rows super setted with seated row
barbell curls
hammer curls
Abs

I'm thinking of changing to a four day split soon but.

It was done by some dude a mate knows, who is some big arse bodybuilder.

Samuel,

I'm very happy to see an Andrewman such as yourself keeping yourself fit over the semester break.

Such a dignified scholar as yourself paying attention to extra-curricular activites such as fitness highlights the all rounders that we strive to bring to the collegiate community.

Consider yourself a testament to the ideal Andrewsman.

Best Wishes

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
JKDDragon said:
Keeping up a high protein intake, and boosting glutamine intakes for pre/post workout pre/post sleep. Everything else is pretty much the same, except for of course the decreased caloric intake and the increased cardio. I have a cheat day once a week to boost my basal metabolic rate.
L-glutamine is good. lots of amino acids too. i have this horleys stuff. 12g of carb (you do need carb too for glycogen unlike how people think its evil for weight loss) and over 30g protien which is good too

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
so no cardio at all. hmmmmmm. do you stretch much. youll get injured easier if you dont stretch cause your muscles shorten over time. you probably do but maybe not enough

Collin

HSC
N/A
Tried any shocking methods? Drop sets? Supersets? Etc.

Oh, and I wouldn't do abs two days in a row, ever. If you're trying to build some serious size, I would just abandon the visible abs pretty boy doctrine right now (incase you were like that), and do a proper bulk. I.e high calorie, high protein diet. That way even though you grow a bit of fat, you bulk up with muscle alot quicker too, giving you an overall long-term economic value for time.

Trying to build serious bulk while trying to retain your six pack will only get you so far before you slow down to a halt and plateau.. I learnt this the hard way too.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Oh, and I'd rotate different exercises into your regime every 2-3 weeks (and then switch back after another 2-3 weeks etc.).. you never want your body to adapt to certain exercises.

Boogert

HSC
N/A
Week Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri Sat Sun
1 rest 3 m run 3 m run 3 m run rest 6 cross
2 rest 3 m run 3 m run 3 m run rest 7 cross
3 rest 3 m run 4 m run 3 m run rest 5 cross
4 rest 3 m run 4 m run 3 m run rest 9 cross
5 rest 3 m run 5 m run 3 m run rest 10 cross
6 rest 3 m run 5 m run 3 m run rest 7 cross
7 rest 3 m run 6 m run 3 m run rest 12 cross
8 rest 3 m run 6 m run 3 m run rest 13 cross
9 rest 3 m run 7 m run 4 m run rest 10 cross
10 rest 3 m run 7 m run 4 m run rest 15 cross
11 rest 4 m run 8 m run 4 m run rest 16 cross
12 rest 4 m run 8 m run 5 m run rest 12 cross
13 rest 4 m run 9 m run 5 m run rest 18 cross
14 rest 5 m run 9 m run 5 m run rest 14 cross
15 rest 5 m run 10 m run 5 m run rest 20 cross
16 rest 5 m run 8 m run 4 m run rest 12 cross
17 rest 4 m run 6 m run 3 m run rest 8 cross
18 rest 3 m run 4 m run 2 m run rest rest race

I'm training to go one and two man, one and two

Hey Smoz? Is that you.

I'm going to bed guys

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
melbournian said:
Weight gainer proteins are just sugar. And Horley's is pretty bad quality. Just get your carbs from another source the are long-chain carbs, rather than sugar.

I use Whey Gourmet on rest days and Hydroflow Xp3 post workout (its hydrolised - basically protein uptake is faster, even with the lactose from adding milk), the hydroflow also has Branch Chain Amino Acids added to it. I really like this, i tried a few others first, but this tastes so much better and i've seen better results too (although its a bit expensive).
its not basic sugar. its dextrose. this is also whey protein. this isnt weight gainer either. this is more muscle recovery stuff. im not trying to gain muscle or anything really. just trying to get to my swimmers build again. getting there though. but i love food too much lol.

ive been going to the gym about 3 times a week but do mostly cardio and leg weights. but ive added more upper body stuff now

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
melbournian said:
Protein intake is about 180g a day, more than enough
Calories - well I'm not counting them everyday, but I am a pretty constant diet. When I did count them it was over 3000 calories. I've done a fair bit of researching.

And yeah, I've been told by friends I should do cardio soon - because otherwise ill be on my way to fatness. I told them to wait until may :p
too much protein is converted into fat. youll be fat by may. alcohol has a huge amount of calories you know jugz? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)