OFFICIAL Easter Show Thread (1 Viewer)

beergirl

polka dots are cool
HSC
Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
But not a good start for you putting work before study :p
I know!

But i was going to fail maths regardless lol...
If im working with a good group again ill print out equations and put them on their registers and ask them to quiz me all day :D

Originally posted by Ms 12
Damn carnies.
lol yes... damn carnies :p

s.m.i.t.h

HSC
work at easter show

anyone ever work in retail sales at the easter show?
good/bad experience?
whats the pay like?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i havent worked but was gonna apply for the coke show bag stands. They pay approx 20 an hr for a solid 7 days of work. God, i wish i coudl apply but uni is in the way even with weekends and easter public holidays included. sigh...

darell lea were recruiting people for showbag stands about a month ago

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
Sarah168 said:
i havent worked but was gonna apply for the coke show bag stands. They pay approx 20 an hr for a solid 7 days of work. God, i wish i coudl apply but uni is in the way even with weekends and easter public holidays included. sigh...

darell lea were recruiting people for showbag stands about a month ago
Sarah where did u find out if they were recruiting???

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
my friend asked about a job in a retail darrel lea store and they directed her to apply for easter show work.

the coke one was form the USYD casual employment site [ARGH, i really wanted to do that one :(]

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
I used to think it was great pay PLUS you would get heaps of free stuff, but this girl i know worked there last year and made about the same money i did working at BIGW...approx same hours and shit BUT she said getting there was a real hassle

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Darrel lee had an ad at the macquarie store, and there was also some jobs being advertised through the uws careers. I would have applied, but being available everyday is impossible. The easter show isn't even on really during the mid-semester break and I don't want to miss out on too much of uni.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
nrgize juice bars were recruiting...you can contact them if youwant..

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
3 of my friends just went to some interview in the city for it and they all got the job. That was last week so I'm not sure if they're still doing it.

beergirl

polka dots are cool
HSC
This year will be my third year working at the easter show...

it's a heaps good experience. i guess while youre doing it you hate customers and stuff but the good experiences weigh out the bad...
also you make really good friends as well... and there r cute packer guys too lol...

anyways, i work in showbags the pay is like any other job i guess like $13 per hour, the hours are long but the time flies by and its quick cash as well.. $1000+ for 2 weeks

also you dont have to be available for the entire show, i have uni and they let me have days off. they also roster you for days off too anyway

if anyone does have an opportunity to work at the show i recommend it...

bamiyan

I'm thinking of applying for a job there and I'm just wondering what kind of jobs are available?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
bamiyan said:
I'm thinking of applying for a job there and I'm just wondering what kind of jobs are available?
Yeah i heard it shit, one of my mates worked there once, long hours , shit conditions have top work everyday, and they pay was not that great supposedly

s.m.i.t.h

HSC
beergirl said:
This year will be my third year working at the easter show...

it's a heaps good experience. i guess while youre doing it you hate customers and stuff but the good experiences weigh out the bad...
also you make really good friends as well... and there r cute packer guys too lol...

anyways, i work in showbags the pay is like any other job i guess like $13 per hour, the hours are long but the time flies by and its quick cash as well.. $1000+ for 2 weeks

also you dont have to be available for the entire show, i have uni and they let me have days off. they also roster you for days off too anyway

if anyone does have an opportunity to work at the show i recommend it...
where were they advertising jobs for showbags cos I searched early and couldnt find any?
even if its too late it would be good to get a heads up for next year
thx

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I saw the ad on seek.com back in january, they were recruiting for all different positions. I wanted to apply but I have uni. So next year if u wanna work at the show, around mid-january is the time to apply

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)