• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Official ECMT 1010 thread. (1 Viewer)

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
Ok, can you help us out with Qs 1,2 & 3 ( they appear to be similar ). What chapter of the text book and what topic is it reffering to, and how did you go about answering it??
Cheers

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
look at the maths notes
but you dont really even need to know them

two rules

-you can split eqn's separated by + or - into separate eqns
-constants can be moved out the front

then simplify each expression so that you only have a sigma and then the pronumeral

then its simple subsitution

answers for those three were posted in other ecmt thread

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Could someone just confirm what stuff we actually need to know from the lecture notes on discrete random variables? I was away from 2 lectures that week.
Some of that stuff seems unneeded. Some of it I can't even really see in the textbook.
The investment return stuff? do we need that. Would appreciate it if someone can guide me through what we need to know as the unit of study outline doesn't seem correct in terms of the text book (eg bayes theorem isn't even in it).
Oh and these are the week 5 notes I believe - the discrete random variables week. They may have continued onto the next week. Not sure

matt#1

HSC
N/A
1Time4thePpl said:
Could someone just confirm what stuff we actually need to know from the lecture notes on discrete random variables? I was away from 2 lectures that week.
Some of that stuff seems unneeded. Some of it I can't even really see in the textbook.
The investment return stuff? do we need that. Would appreciate it if someone can guide me through what we need to know as the unit of study outline doesn't seem correct in terms of the text book (eg bayes theorem isn't even in it).
Oh and these are the week 5 notes I believe - the discrete random variables week. They may have continued onto the next week. Not sure
Bayes' theorem is in the textbook....and you need to learn all of the topics in the discrete random variables week 5 lecture notes, including the investment return stuff. If you read the course outline, it says to refer to the lecture notes and not the textbook for week 5.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
sorry i meant that bayes theorem isnt in the UOS outline as a reference topic for the text book.

Also, I am bloody furious. I finally manage to catch up and understand most of this ecmt bullpoop and wish to go a bit ahead so that I'm not doe-eyed in lectures as per usual, and the lecture notes which are the only reference for the upcoming week aren't even up yet!

matt#1

HSC
N/A
That new Murray lecturer guy is so boring...and he still hasn't posted the lecture notes onto blackboard yet....bring back Tig!!!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
That guy was the worst lecturer/teacher/tutor ever. I think someone with down syndrome could have done a better job. He didnt expalin how anything is done. He just said "this is how its done"
He didnt give us enough time to copy notes. He was absolutely tedious and monotonous. He was plain shit.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
1Time4thePpl said:
That guy was the worst lecturer/teacher/tutor ever. I think someone with down syndrome could have done a better job. He didnt expalin how anything is done. He just said "this is how its done"
He didnt give us enough time to copy notes. He was absolutely tedious and monotonous. He was plain shit.
HE IS MADE EVEN MORE SHIT BY THE FACT THAT tIG WAS SO GOOD

stazi

Nightman
HSC
he's also shit because he was the reason I came close to not going to usyd. He told me that I'd need 2 minimum econometrics units as a prereq for marketing and also that I wouldnt be able to do econometrics if I hadn't done maths in years 11 and 12.
Luckily another lecturer interjected.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
hahaha just ducking into the ECMT thread here: that murray guy has only had you guys for a day or something and Im already hearing notorious reports HAHAHA (I have to do ECMT next yr anyway lol)

HSC
oh my gawd..he sounds like my econ lecturer..whatshisface..nick de roos
im might hv to start skipping ecmt lectures as well :(...

sarevok

HSC
nah, he's boring but not so incredibly boring as de roos

04er

HSC
Hey does anyone know in the formula for correlation coefficient, r = COVx,y/(SxSy) , what on earth Sx and Sy stand for?! I know this is week 5 material but I'm behind =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)