Official Guide to **Cramming** (1 Viewer)

chensta

HSC
N/A
hey guys, just taking a break from my last day English cramming (i know, usually i start around 10pm the night before test, but i am improving!). So instead of starting up a game, and end up playing for another 5 hours, I will waste my time here. So here is where all of us crammers unite and help eachother by posting here all the cramming tips.

Heres sum of mine:

First some stuff about your cramming mentality - if you are screwed YOU DESERVE it, i know i do, so dont waste your time regretting, i could of done so much work during the 3 week break, or i should of done work in class, if only i did blah blah, it wont help. Also if your still 'unmotivated', this is what i say to myself 'Chen, your a #%#*$ Moron, you have done nothing at school for the past 7 years, and now you just gotta work hard for 4 bloody weeks", that always gets me going. Other strategies include sticking up posters of homeless guys around your room :D

Now to the cramming - for essay, there is no point in just reading them out or just writing. To memorise it, you have to 'think' about what your reading/writing out, and try to read/write as much as u can without looking. Say first paragraph - 80 words, first go you remember a few phrases totalling 20 words - great, and gradually learn more as you go. I know some of you do paragraph by paragraph first, that probably works, this is just works for me. But whatever way you use, the main thing is to think while u do it, not just reading it out like a robot.

Now for subjects like Physics whee you have to know you shit....well the best way is to read summaries (you wont have time to go thru stuff in detail) and then do Questions, learn by doing questions, if you cant answer it, look at answers and remember it. The more questions you do, the higher chance they will appear inthe exams. This applies to many other similar subjects too, like chem, SDD etc
**edit: you are still utterly screwed for questions which require deep understanding, but i guess your not looking to top the state are you :)**

Ummm im tired from typing now, and I should go back to my own cramming, i'll update with more cramming tips in my next break, but before I go, some interesting thing i realised:

Myth: If i can cram a half yearly course in X days, and get 90, I can cram a whole years course in 2(X) Days.

Fact: beeeeep! wrong, even though you probably sleep or talk your way through the classes, you do occasionally get a glimpse of the board, or accidentaly hear the teacher...teaching, i know i have on many occasions pretended to do maths questions as the teacher came, but in that moment i unknowngly completes a question...so you will no matter what, have a very feint idea of whats going on. So when your craming for the upcoming test, you have a slight headstart. But due to the nature of cramming (ie you dont actually learn or remmeber anything after the test), all the stuff you just crammed will be gone within a few weeks (depending on how hard it is crammed in). But heres the bad part, that slight knowledge of the courses that gave you the headstart before experiences i think exponential decay, therefore by the time you try to cram the whole course, the earlier stuff is gooooone, and you mathematicians can propably work out a equation for how much harder it is to cram now :)

Okay, i think im going insane, what i just wrote probably makes no sense whatsoever, i just dont want to go back to study......

Chensta

Last edited:

MajinR

Procrastination Master
HSC
ooo made lots of sense...

i cram and thats the only way i study...for essays i just learn my 3 main points and quotes, which i think isnt much...

usually when i read something ill start to kind of remember it, as i read more i remember more :p

cant be bothered to say any more...

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
you know what..that inspired me to cram for all future exams..and although i plan ahead, and when or if i get into uni i will also..cram..its tradition for alot of people..including myself..and im happy as long as the majority of the rest of the state are also taking the same path...cram on guys..hahahaha :rolleyes: another gay post from me

C a t h r y n

HSC
Tips for studying

AHAHAA I CAN POST

Tip #1

Stop crying, UWS has UAIs in the 60s. Med science is 68. (feel the ascaredness going away?)

Tip #2 if you dont wanna go to UWS then this is what you gotta do. GET OUT YOUR SILLYBUS. now this sillybus is your basic guide for EVERYTHING that'll be in the exam. Seriously basic one line notes will suffice. just as long as you have something for everything it'll be fine. Granted this wont work if you have stumbled upon this tip at 10pm the night before your exam. However if you waited until 10pm to start studying and thought the best way to do so was GO ONLINE AND LOOK AROUND then you deserve to fail. Sorry but you do. SHAME.

Tip #3 Dont go online at 10pm the night before. You should sleep. What little knowledge you do have will stay in there better. And studying until 4am will just screw you over making you fall asleep during your exam. And examiners dont look too highly on drool marks on the exams they are marking. In fact that will earn you a mystery number. Is it 2? Is it 19?? Doesnt matter because ITS THE MYSTERY NUMBER HORAAH! a bit slack if you think about it because the guy who got 19 did a whole lot better than the guy who got 2 and yet they still got the same mark.. essentially.

Tip #4 umm... i cant think of one so i'll just say to relax and just try to BS your way through everything. At least in Chemistry they give you all the formula and standards. you are pretty much set there.

Thats all from me so happy studying!

fugazi

HSC
You've Bin Hit By The

|^^^^^^^^^^^^| '|""";
|SlLLY BUS__|__|__| '|" ;
|_..._...______===|= _, ] |
"(@ )'(@ )""""*|(@ )(@ )(@ vroom vroom!

Pass This On To 2 Billion People And Your Dreams Will Come True!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)