Official Pokemon game thread (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yea but dodrio can learn fly too, and dodrio also learns drill peck.
but pidgeot learns quick attack.

i think dodrio has a higher attack stat than pidgeot, but training it up will require time (which i'd rather use lvling up my dratini and further levelling up my arcanine).

decisions decisions.
*contemplative look*

HSC
Uni Grad
ITT: all about the pokemon games, where we can discuss past/current/future releases, teams, etc.

I, for one, hate that all the dragon pokemon have dual types.
Its always either dragon/flying, dragon/ground, dragon/water or dragon/steel.

Now competitively (meaning excluding legendaries) the cool dragons (dragonite, salamence, garchomp) are dragon/flying or dragin/ground (garchomp), meaning that they're 4x weak against ice, which pisses me off.

Kingdra is dragon/water, meaning its only weakness is dragon, but its not that good, its got a high sp.att., but not too special.

who else likes pokemon?
ME =D

My favorite types are Dragon, Water, Ice, Steel and Psychic. I certainly don't mind dual types, as long as the two types aren't susceptible to lots of damage and/or have really good benefits. =P eg. Swampert; Water and ground, 4X on grass, but immune to electricity. Grass is the only thing weak on it.

Though my favorite dual types are Dragon and water xD Palkia FTW

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
and swampert's also ugly as fuck!

dragon/water is amazing, but the only usable one in battle tower is kingdra (since palkia is uber), and kingdra's stats arent really that great (i have high expectations, at least 160 att or spatt).

Random_dude

HSC
and swampert's also ugly as fuck!

dragon/water is amazing, but the only usable one in battle tower is kingdra (since palkia is uber), and kingdra's stats arent really that great (i have high expectations, at least 160 att or spatt).
is that base stat?! whoa, only attack deoxys has that much attack!(180 base stat)
well, my kingdra's stats are between 221-229 and a hp of 347. i think that is acceptable isn't it? but, i think i might just go with a milotic.
and sadly, swampert is rather ugly.
kingdra is best used as a a balanced attacker, or an okay special attacker.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
lol, ok maybe not 160, 120 i meant (havnt ev trained anyone or been on serebii.net in ages).

um kingdra has 95 base stat for everything except speed (85) and hp (75), so yea, i'd prefer an attack/spatt stat of at least 110 for me to consider, but im not that defence oriented, which probably isnt good.

in battle tower i'd have 2 good attackers (usually a salamence and someone else), and last would be blissey (maxxxed hp and knows toxic, kekeke).

but yea, apparently milotic is good, i'll check that out.
edit: but its a bitch to catch (feebas..)

Last edited:

Uncle

Banned
HSC
what the level cap is still 100, i hopes there would have been a cap of over 9000.

if someone made shadow pikacu card.
imagine the money you make from gulleble ten year kid old.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
what the level cap is still 100, i hopes there would have been a cap of over 9000.

Some card, pretty decent printer, some thin laminate...$$$

Random_dude

HSC
lol, ok maybe not 160, 120 i meant (havnt ev trained anyone or been on serebii.net in ages).

um kingdra has 95 base stat for everything except speed (85) and hp (75), so yea, i'd prefer an attack/spatt stat of at least 110 for me to consider, but im not that defence oriented, which probably isnt good.

in battle tower i'd have 2 good attackers (usually a salamence and someone else), and last would be blissey (maxxxed hp and knows toxic, kekeke).

but yea, apparently milotic is good, i'll check that out.
edit: but its a bitch to catch (feebas..)
i don't like blissey. why? it has such a high hp base stat.
yeah well say helllo to its stat spread. 255, 10, 10, 70, 135, 55
go with shuckle. it has 230 def and 230 sp. def. mind you, everything else sucks, but is liveable
yeah, i got lucky by actually catching a feebas.
instead of salamence, try a metagross and give it a jolly nature.
at least 120? heh, i try looking for overall stats and if it is applicable for evil purposes, then i use it. for example, a dusknoir stat spread is 45, 100, 125, 65, 125, 45. i can live with the low hp and speed because i can use payback. also, because of its high defense.
the best special attacker i have ever seen is a togekiss. and will continue to think so.
try www.psypokes.com
yeah, before i was more of an attacker myself but have become more balanced.
and also, try a arcanine. do not give it any other nature than the non-stat affecting ones, it is too balanced to even consider. also, its stat spread is very good and is the highest stat spread total overall for all breedable fire types.
note, electivire is also a good attacker.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yea there was a stage where i debated with myself whether to use blissey or shuckle.

blissey won, because it can withstand lots of sonicbooms/dragon rages/seismic tosses, and because of minimise-softboiled, and either toxic, will-o-wisp, refresh, or something else i dunno.
i didnt really think of any moveset for shuckle, so yea. i'll think about it.

yes metagross is also a great pkmn, though not too sure about jolly. I'd prefer maximising its already high att stat, but then again its pretty high as it is, and increasing its speed will be good too.

yes ive considered togekiss, just cbf'd making a moveset and ev training.

also, i just caught zapdos in my red version advanced. Got its health down to 20, caught on first pokeball (yes, not great/ultra/master, but POKEball).

gg omie.

Schoey93

HSC

NO, the level cap is NOT 100. On Generation 1 RBY, there are glitches where you can catch Lvl 156 Snorlaxes. And battle them. Then they go down to Level 100. Mostly. :)

Also, G1 is by far the best.. other than Emerald and a few others, it's the one where it is EASIEST to catch #151 (Mew).

:)

eye ov azazel

Dismembered Member
HSC
N/A
persians shit.

if i were to ignore stats and go for most awesomest, i'd go for sandshrew, male nidoran, or larvitar.

cutest, while still being awesome ^______^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)