Official school rankings...sooooo?!?!?!?!? (1 Viewer)

Srixon

HSC
my ranks r
2unit Maths Second
Standard englsih First
Industrial technology First
IPT Second
Sport lifestyle and recreation First
Primary Industries (VET) N/A

mmmegan

HSC
Srixon said:
7th sign u r a tool what is it going to matter if there is 30 people in a school there are still smart people at small schools u may have a better rank. U may come 30/100 instead of 3/10 but u are no further head in proportion.

I see u whinging in heaps of threads so just pipe down i would say they may take it into consideration but u would not be doing any better tha u r at a small school if u look at ti that way.
yeh - i still had to work hard at my assesments to get those ranks - the size of your school does not matter in that case ... the size of your school does not affect your "smartness"

Gummy_bear

HSC
There is definately a good point to being in a small school. in my school, if i was the only person who wanted to do say...economics, i wouldnt be able too coz it would be a waste of teacher. but, obviously you guys can have a class of 1 or 2, i would of loved that! i think i would of coped easier, and plus, all your teachers attention! lol.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
mmmegan said:
yeh - i still had to work hard at my assesments to get those ranks - the size of your school does not matter in that case ... the size of your school does not affect your "smartness"
Also, it's worth mentioning that the bigger the school, the bigger the mediocre student population (usually). The smaller the school, the more committed the students owing to the dedication of the teachers and the smaller class sizes, which are more conducive to learning. That said, there are many exceptions to this, such as larger selective schools.

Srixon

HSC
Gummy bear usually if there is a class that only has one student wanting to do it they either have to do it by correspondance which is alot harder as u have no teacher there showing u what to do. As to these classes having 1 or 2 these classes may of had more students before like at our school one subject started off with a fair few people but people droped it or left school and this made it only being out of 2 people at the end but we both got great internal assesment in the 90's for that subject. The teacher doesnt necessarily have more time for u as they are teaching the whole class not one person, and generally the classes we had less people in we had less attention by the teachers.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Gummy_bear said:
There is definately a good point to being in a small school. in my school, if i was the only person who wanted to do say...economics, i wouldnt be able too coz it would be a waste of teacher. but, obviously you guys can have a class of 1 or 2, i would of loved that! i think i would of coped easier, and plus, all your teachers attention! lol.

U may get all the attention, but if ur teacher cant teach, it makes no difference!

I would have actualy prefered to be in a larger school, being in a small school u have absolutely no idea how u compare to the rest of the state. In most of my classes i was only competing against 4 ppl, id prefer to be up against a class of 50, at least u'll have a better idea of how ur really going.

For all i know I could be ranked 2/4 in physics, but take me to a school were the physics classes consist of 50 students all up, i could still be ranked 2/50 but then again i could be ranked 20/50...

who knows!!!

Being in a small school, there isnt much subject selection. Alot of students are stuck doing subjects they would have rather Not done!

we only had about 20 yr 12 students at school this yr, and we were given subject selections from a total of about 12 subjects in yr 11.

Physics, Biology, Chemistry, English (stnd, adv.), English ext, Maths (general, 2unit), Maths ext 1 , Visual Arts, Studies of Religion, Modern History and Legal Studies and Arabic...I think thats about it!

soooo, Its not as GREAT as u'd imagine!

Gummy_bear

HSC
Yeh, after thinking about it, i can see how it has its down sides. i should of thought about it more carefully than just the class size. I can see how it cant be as good it is may first seem..
Sorry for making such an asumption.

mmmegan

HSC
agreed - there are most definitely pros and cons, i guess if you live in a larger centre you have to make the choice

i reckon my english teacher would be one of the top in the state as with maths, and these people are teaching classes of 8 and 6 in a rural school - they are awesome - then again the teacher i had for ag in yr 11 was HOPELESS - hence i finished on dist ed.

hobbsy4

Hardcore Member
HSC
I was the only one in my ext maths class, physics class (DE). It was definetely harder than my chem and other classes with other students and a teacher.
i would have rathered go to a large school, it sux living in the country. UNSW next year will be better!

HSC
N/A
as long as u have top students in yoru class its good, i have mostly dumbasses who jus wanna fail, my mark be dropped so hard cause of it

Srixon

HSC
yeah sorry gummy bear for having a whinge at u just got a bit anoyed by people saying it would be easier at a small school shouldnt of specifically picked u out.

tokenblackguy

HSC
heres my shoddy ranks:

legal: 22/38
business: 18/54
maths (generaL): 32/82
english (standard): 1/79
religion (1 unit): 70/157
pe: 20/38

anyone know if i'll get scaled down that badly?

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
starbaaa said:
English (Advanced) ... 4/9 -- better than expected
Chemistry ................. 2/4 -- no surprise
Geography ............... 1/3 -- no surprise
Mathematics ............ 2/10 -- this made my day! Much better than expected!
Modern History ........ 1/1 -- and I thought I was going to come last
Music 1 .................... 1/6 -- I had no idea I was first! Much better than expected. I thought I was 5th, possibly last.
what small classes you got lol may i ask what school?
I go to Moree Secondary College. Theres 63 people in my year, but I picked all the unpopular subjects! And I did geography and modern history by correspondence, through Walgett Community College.

kadlil said:
starbaaa said:
Modern History ........ 1/1 -- and I thought I was going to come last
LOL yeh pretty small school
Oh yeah.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Princeton100 said:
My final ranks at a top 10 school.

ROFL you signed up for BoS just to post that? Congrats on the top ranking- in the past I think ppl with those ranks in selective high schools have rorted the system and skipped the HSC examinations.

May I inquire as to which top10 school you're at?

banana_monkey

Better than you
HSC
With high rankings and a good assesment mark, as if you wouldn't want to skip them. I was hoping for a coma lasting three weeks, beginning October 17, but noooooooooooooo, no coma for me. You can't achieve a ranking agaist the state if you don't sit the exam though, so if you're one of those die-hard competitive types you'd have to sit the exam to see where you ranked in the state, instead of going into coma's during your exam days.

Bo-batron

HSC
wooooooo

But just to change that, I will put up my non smart-head like ranks.
Engrish Standard 3/59
Anchent Histrie 21/32
Bimologie - 18/21 - hahahahaha, I hate you Bio
Comoonity & Famooly Stoodies 2/15
Jographie 18/31

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)