Official Semester 1 (2007) Exams Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neafoo

HSC
Re: Official Semester 1 Exams Thread

The_Apprentice said:
Wow, that sucks. I finished today :)
the two in the middle are both really late in the arvo too... so i cant come home and cram really hard for the next ones very good :p.

p.s im jealous you've already finished D:!

Last edited:
HSC

Who does PHIL? I haven't written up 8 essays or anything like that. I've just written notes on the 4 questions I've chosen from each section. Anyone else think it's ridiculous to write 4 essays in only 2 hours? I know we were meant to have memorised them, but I can't write decent essays in such a short time.

HSC
N/A

Iheartpaulfrank said:
Who does PHIL? I haven't written up 8 essays or anything like that. I've just written notes on the 4 questions I've chosen from each section. Anyone else think it's ridiculous to write 4 essays in only 2 hours? I know we were meant to have memorised them, but I can't write decent essays in such a short time.

Lol i had to do 4 essays for introductory sociology units (final exam, 2 hours).

I don't do phil but my bf does and it sounds like he's approaching it the same way as you.

I guess you just need to remember the main points and fill in the gaps when you're in the exam. It should flow ok if you've done enough reading.

Polaris

HSC

'iheartpaulfrank' try do 4 pages each essay for phil, phil1001 exam is easy you will be fine just know the material. I suggest making mind maps or something similar.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

last psych exam 2moz, feeling fairly confident

HSC

Thanks Apprentice and Polaris :) Just think after tomorrow, I won't have to do aesthetics again!

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Typing? You got to do it on a laptop?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

had JPNS1611 today... well, i think i may have scraped a pass, maybe, maybe...okay i'm deluding myself, i should have studied harder. i answered everything as well as i could with my woeful ability to remember kanji characters and proper grammar structures and then left half an hour early. sigh. i don't think it was a completely failed effort but yeah i'm not holding out too much hope on this one. i don't know what happened...i was really into it at the beginning, and was pretty good at it, and then once it moved past the basics into kanji territory and te-forms and na-adjectives :s :s i went downhill a bit. or a lot.

i might try out another language, later on. one of the non-asian variety, with one alphabet system instead of like 3. :eek:

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

ANHS1003 was today. Which was ... interesting. I sort of kept on gazing off into the distance because I was so sick of writing stuff. The actual exam was harder than I expected but the questions were reasonably fair. I think I was lacking with the critical analysis in my Sparta answer - I just sort of spewed out information because I took the question very broadly and didn't have much time. While I could have easily taken it far more narrowly and got a better mark. Idiot. Oh well, I think my one on vases was OK, even if the bulk of it was a little off-topic.

neafoo

HSC

Triangulum said:
ANHS1003 was today. Which was ... interesting. I sort of kept on gazing off into the distance because I was so sick of writing stuff. The actual exam was harder than I expected but the questions were reasonably fair. I think I was lacking with the critical analysis in my Sparta answer - I just sort of spewed out information because I took the question very broadly and didn't have much time. While I could have easily taken it far more narrowly and got a better mark. Idiot. Oh well, I think my one on vases was OK, even if the bulk of it was a little off-topic.
yeah my essays were pretty vague, and my hand hurt because it was so cold D: ... i did the politics and warfare one and the one about colonisation. I hope i pass :(

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

neafoo said:
yeah my essays were pretty vague, and my hand hurt because it was so cold D: ... i did the politics and warfare one and the one about colonisation. I hope i pass :(
What was the colonisation question? I semi-prepared colonisation and gave up on it after I looked at the question, but I can't remember what it was.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Malfoy said:
Yeah, I have a problem with my hands so if I wrote it I'd do maybe one written page an hour or something. There's no way I could complete an exam without a computer.

Just walked in the door after doing Ed Psych. I don't hold out much hope for passing - I forgot the name of the major theorist for one of my questions and I mostly babbled in broad terms about everying.
poo i wish i could use a laptop :( that'd be so hawt.

neafoo

HSC

Triangulum said:
What was the colonisation question? I semi-prepared colonisation and gave up on it after I looked at the question, but I can't remember what it was.
It was about comparing modern colonial endevours to the greek colonisation period, and discussing how it would be useful even though theyre different. There was also a part B) which was about the problems with colonial sources or something.

(i think that was it... unless i read it wrong... pewp >;( now im full of doubt.)

HSC

Oh I forgot to post how my PHIL1011 exam went. :eek: My 'essays' if you could call them that, looked more like some kind of weird, unstructured answer. I did not manage to write 4 pages per essay though, I just couldn't do it. For Ethics, I answered the Euthyphro/Supernaturalism one and the Prisoner's Dilemma one (though now I wished I'd answered the Consequentialism/Deontology one *sigh* :() For Beauty, I just waffled on and answered the Tolstoy/'infection' question and the Riefenstahl/Beauty&Evil one.

My exams are over. Yayness.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i might try out another language, later on. one of the non-asian variety, with one alphabet system instead of like 3. :eek:
Try French, they use English characters and all you need to remember are the little accent thingies. C'est bon!

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC

Eh, shit. I have an exam tomorrow and my seat numbers aren't showing up for some reason. Anyone else have this problem? I click on 'Examination Seating' and my course doesn't even show up.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC

c_james said:
Eh, shit. I have an exam tomorrow and my seat numbers aren't showing up for some reason. Anyone else have this problem? I click on 'Examination Seating' and my course doesn't even show up.
Yeah it's not showing up for me either. But we're in TC Assembly Hall, exam starts at 9.00 AM. I think they will have your seat number at the venue.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

argh, so nervous about my exam on tuesday

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

I'm worried that my cold is going to get worse in the next few days and i'll have trouble reading my lecture notes (I have a headache so it's hard to focus my eyes) and/or feel like death during my exam on wednesday.

Ick. I have hope in that it's a multiple choice/short answer OPEN BOOK exam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)