Official World Cup Draw Live Discussion (1 Viewer)

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
2006 wont be a good year for australia. I hate how craig forster is talking up Australia. He was saying how they will beat croatia and japan. He was talking about the histories of the teams n stuff but technically they are totally different teams now. Im croatian and i reckon croatia will prob come 2nd in group f. they always seem to go good against the seeded teams and shit against the weaker teams.

Group F:

1. Brazil: Fifa Ranking: 1 -------------croatia drew with brazil 1-1 in friendly on august 17th but that really means little.
2. Croatia: Fifa Ranking: 20
3. Japan: Fifa Ranking: 15
4. Australia: Fifa Ranking: 49

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
is it true there is a friendly between Australia and Croatia. Because if there is its very stupid. bad timing

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
Australia has had misfortunes with all the countries in its group. Taken from "http://www.alphalink.com.au/~warrior/ausz1998.htm". talking about Croatia's 7-0 victory over Australia in 1998:

"This surely takes over as the worst performance ever by an Australian team as surpasses the 4-1 loss to Japan in Wollongong 3 years ago. In terms of heaviest defeats it exceeds the 6-0 defeat by Brazil in the recent Confederation Cup and the 7-1 loss to India during the Melbourne Olympics."

Last edited:

nedzelic

HSC
yeah, god forbid an australian would talk up his own country - why don't you fuck off back to croatia and support them

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
ill go for whoever i want. all im saying is that australia have no chance, they were lucky to qualify. if it wasn't for croatians what would make up the australian team. pft shut the fuck up mate and grow a cock

nedzelic

HSC
well if you think we have no chance, i'll reiterate, fuck off and don't call yor self an australian

alluring

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Well name Argentina's starting line-up. Or Mexico's? Both teams are seeded, and both have strong squads. But because we can't name their whole squad, they're nothing to be feared either?

The Czech's have awesome players in Jan Koller, Karel Poborsky, Milan Baros, Petr Cech, Tomas Rosicky, and Pavel Nedved. That's six .. woopdedoo.

And don't ignore the fact that they are ranked number two in the world. Even though the ranking system is pretty screwed, they've still got themselves there anyway.

as if you cant name argentina's team...L. Franco, G.Heinze, J.Zanetti, W.Samuel, R.Ayala, Veron, Cambiasson, Riquelme, Aimar, Messi, Crespo..top class team

as for mexico..they're crap..dunno how they got seeded

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Germany and France got very lucky. Especially France, after that disastrous run four years ago

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
Argonaut said:
His point is that Australia shouldn't go into the World Cup expecting to walk away the winners. He's not dismissing us as also-rans, he's being realistic. The fact that we're in a pool dominated by teams that are all ranked in the world's Top 20 means it's not going to be smooth sailing all the way. As he's also pointed out, some commentators have been hyping Australia up after our victory over Uruguay and seem to be expecting us to make the finals. It's just the plain Austraian attitude of arrogance when it comes to sports, assuming that we'll do well simply because sport is such a large part of our lives.
thankyou!! maybe it will start to get through to nedzelic the thick headed fagot

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Phew.. went to a pissup last night and entirely missed the draw. It doesn't look good for Australia to be honest. We definitely got one of the harder groups. Australia would be underdogs against all the teams in our group. I think Australia CAN potentially beat Croatia and Japan, but we certainly wouldn't be able to rely on 3 easy points from either. We were actually pretty fortunate to draw Croatia of all possible countries from Europe, but Japan is arguably amongst the toughest sides we could have drawn from Pool D, the only bigger challenges I feel would have been Korea or Serbia and Montenegro (Boy would it have been interesting to have them and Croatia in the same group). I'm one of those who feels the US is overrated.

HSC
N/A
We can beat Croatia, they concede a lot of goals and are too aggressive to keep 11 players on the pitch.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
As I said, Croatia's a pretty fortunate team to draw from Europe. I feel that any of Sweden, Netherlands, Portugal or Czech Republic would've made qualification to the knockout stages well nigh impossible.

Best possible result

----------------------w----l----d----p
Brazil ---------------2---0---1-----7
Australia---------- -1---0---2-----5
Japan/Croatia-----1----1---1----4
Japan/Croatia-----0---3---0-----0

In this scenario, Australia holds Brazil and Croatia, (The result between Croatia and Japan is interchangeable really) and defeat Japan to qualify ahead of Croatia/Japan by one point.

The more likely scenario though is that Brazil will go through undefeated, leaving 3 ...relatively even teams in a scrap for the 2nd spot. My hunch is that under Guus we can get a win and a draw, which should give us a fairly good chance of qualifying so long as we keep our defence tidy.

What's more, it's evident that barring a repeat of Guus's performance in 2002, the 2nd round is the furthest we can hope for. The draw says that the winner of Group E will play the runners up of Group F (our group). The winner of group E will likely be Italy or the Czech Republic- both mission impossibles really.

Yeah Group of Death is definitely C. S&M definitely has the potential to hurt a careless Argentina or Netherlands. :D *dodges projectiles*

Last edited:

Jimmy_B

HSC
croatia and japan aren't anything to be scared of. we are more than capable of getting 3 points ffrom both of them.

i'm optimistic that we can progress from our group.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
So there you have it. My teams to qualify for the Round of 16:
Germany, Poland, Sweden, Paraguay, Argentina, Serbia & Montenegro, Mexico, Portugal, Czech Republic, Italy, Brazil, Croatia, Switzerland, France, Ukraine, Spain.
I'm quoting myself, so yes .. oh, also pretend Australia and Croatia are interchangable.

Basically, if these happen to be correct, the Round of 16 matches would be:
Germany (1 in A) vs (2 in B) Paraguay
Poland (2 in A) vs (1 in B) Sweden
Argentina (1 in C) vs (2 in D) Portugal
Serbia (2 in C) vs (1 in D) Mexico
Czech Republic (1 in E) vs (2 in F) Australia/Croatia
Italy (2 in E) vs (1 in F) Brazil
France (1 in G) vs (2 in H) Ukraine
Switzerland (2 in G) vs (1 in H) Spain

If it happens like that, look at some of those matchups more closely:

Argentina vs Portugal
Italy vs Brazil

Car-Ray-Zee!

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
nedzelic said:
well if you think we have no chance, i'll reiterate, fuck off and don't call yor self an australian
from what i've read i agree
go australia !! you have to be optimistic, i think we can beat japan and croatia, hell ... if brazil are arrogant and underestimate us we can beat them too ...
germany, spain, france and portugal have it easy with their groups ...
gruop c, e and f are the toughest, in order ...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)