Official World Cup Draw Live Discussion (1 Viewer)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
stazi said:
Costa Rica 1 Poland 0
Ecuador 0 Germany 3
Paragay 1 China 2
Sweden 1 England 3
Cote 0 Serbia 1
Netherlands 2 Argentina 1
Iran 1 Cameroon 1
Portugal 1 Mexico 2
South Africa 0 USA 1
Czech 1 italy 3
Croatia 0 Australia 0
Japan 0 Brazil 4
Switzerland 0 South Korea 1
Senegal 1 France 0
Ukraine 3 Tunisia 1
Saudi Arabia 0 Spain 5
(forgot to look at others but the Tournament table is)

A
Germany 7
Ecuador 4
Costa Rica 3
Poland 2

B
England 9
Sweden 6
China 3
Paragay 0

C
Netherlands 9
Argentina 6
Serbia 3
Cote 0

D
Portugal 6
Iran 4
Cameroon 4
Mexico 3

E
Italy 9
Czechs 4
USA 3
SA 1

F
Brazil 7
Australia 3
Croatia 2
Japan 2

G
Senegal 9
France 4
South Korea 4
Switzerland 0

H
Spain 9
Ukraine 6
Tunisia 1
Saudis 1
China made the World Cup...? LoL

stazi

Nightman
HSC
LMF^^ said:
China made the World Cup...? LoL
as I said, pes5 didnt have some of the nations (read: trinidad and tobago). I replaced them with an asian nation (as it was asia vs americas for the final qual spot)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
stazi said:
fuck thats gay. pes5 doesnt have a license for the world cup and it doesnt even have correct fixtures for the second round.
Oh wells.

Germany 0 Australia 0 (Penalties 2-1)
Netherlands 2 Ukraine 2 (Penalties 4-5)
Ecuador 1 Brazil 5
Argentina 1 Spain 3
France 0 Portugal 2
Czech 0 England 2
Iran 0 Senegal 1
Sweden 0 Italy 2

QF and onwards tomorrow
Fifa 06 doesn't have world cup either, or even a fair few of the national teams that are in it :(

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
nedzelic said:
why would you even discuss on this forum if you have such a pessimistic view
italy are not in thr top 5 seeded teams in my opinion, and the czechs weren't seeded

name the czech starting line-up...can't? see, they're nothing to be feared

if you go around thinking that we can't beatthem, than what's the point of supporting us at all - you're not a real supporter
you're a tool

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Paragon said:
Czech line-up, just to name a few: Cech (Chelsea); Ujfalusi (Fiorentina/Hamburg); Grygera (Ajax); Jankulovski (Milan); Poborsky (Slavia Prague); Rosicky (Dortmund); Koller (Dortmund); Nedved (Juventus); Baros (Aston Villa). And then there are others like Smicer, Rozenhal, Polak, and Berger, if he hasn't yet retired. Regardless of how they fare in the tourney proper, they are definitely a team to be feared. As inaccurate as the FIFA rankings are, they are still World#2 or so. Hope they do well.

Im not sure about Poborsky, doesnt he play at Sparta, not Slavia? And from what I remember, hes on the outer there, not been getting a game, probably affecting his first XI chances. And Smicer will start in the Czech team, he transforms to a gun when he pulls on the national shirt.

nedzelic

HSC
RyddeckerSMP said:
How come you didn't mention Super David Carney in the list of future Australian young players?
cos he's a pom

nedzelic

HSC
Paragon said:
It was Doncaster if you're referring to the League Cup.
How does that work ?
yep, my bad it was doncaster wasn't it - still a minnow starrting with d none the less

nedzelic

HSC
predicting it through a game's a waste of time - you'd be better off looking ta the bookies most likely outcome for each match!
anyway, alot of time until june/july
i will happily be putting my 100 on australia getting through the groups stage

nedzelic

HSC
poborsky is on loan at 2nd division Ceske Budejovice- don't see him being in the squad

nedzelic

HSC
anyone going to germany - the gng army just piut out an email if yous who are part of it haven't checked your email
my going probably depends on whether i get a scholarship or not - and how well i can bet until now and then

nedzelic

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
All I know about Costa Rica is that they have Paulo Wanchope.

well we shoudl learn more about them cos this team sydney'splaying aparanelty has 6 internationals

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
nedzelic said:
anyone going to germany - the gng army just piut out an email if yous who are part of it haven't checked your email
my going probably depends on whether i get a scholarship or not - and how well i can bet until now and then
yeah got that email :eek:

except isnt it going to cost like $10,000?

some crazy amount which i dont and wont have :(

nedzelic

HSC
braad said:
yeah got that email :eek:

except isnt it going to cost like $10,000?

some crazy amount which i dont and wont have :(
um, well lets break it donw shall we

Airfairs to germany thorugh jetstar $2100 econ

Ticktets to a maximum of 7 matches.... about $3000

travel between cities with a eurorail pass....$1000

accomadation in crappy hotels or youth hostels....$1000

food, and spending money on local attractions...$1000

booze after celecbrating victory....$1000

seeing your country stick to every powerhouse nation of earth and beating england in the final...priceless

for everything else there's your parents

so yeah, i recokon about 10k is a decent estimate...probably do it for less a bit less though if your smart and know your way around - green and gold army are very experienced

i must say i have been to germany, but not widely travelled. we should just consider oursleves lucky it's not in neighbouring switzerland - holy fuck stuff is expensive there. 20 swiss franks for a pizza - like $40; added to the factn that the fuckers don't have the euro and aren't part of eu - so when you enter the country you get lined up and your passports inspected by the army with massive sub-machine guns...yeah!

anyway...

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Fifa released an analysis of the groups on their site:
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/051210/1/5oh6.html

Gonna read through it now, itll be interesting to see what they say.

I've also looked at semester dates and great news is the first semester of uni ends THE DAY before the world cup starts :D No having to wake up in the early hours of the morning to watch the games and then go straight to uni for 8 hours.

Last edited:

nedzelic

HSC
As """""trainer"""" of his native Netherlands, Australia coach Guus Hiddink lost to both Brazil and Croatia at France 98.

that's funny, it sounds like a foreigner has written this

nedzelic

HSC
Carlos Alberto Parreira (BRA coach)
Virtually it seems to be an easy group but practically it isn't. This is a group whose main qualities are physical strength and tactical obedience. Croatia are a team who mix strength and quality. Australia play with a 4-4-2 formation, while Japan have speed. I have no doubt the most difficult group is Argentina, after that England comes against Paraguay, Trinidad and Tobago and Sweden.

he's got some homework to do before the finals, 4-4-2???? we play many formations, did he even watch the playoffs?

nedzelic

HSC
luckily if we do make to the 2nd round, presumably in 2nd place, we play in kaiserlauten (spelling german not my strong point) which is where one of our groups games is - it would limit any potenitla travel, and also would be good for the team as they would be familiar with the stadia

swisstruffles

HSC
acmilan said:
I've also looked at semester dates and great news is the first semester of uni ends THE DAY before the world cup starts :D No having to wake up in the early hours of the morning to watch the games and then go straight to uni for 8 hours.
r u including the exams? cos then you can say the exams start when the world cup starts...i think its the same for me damn...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)