Official Xbox 360 Thread (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Since there's a wii thread, we should have an xbox 360 one.

I just played the Crackdown demo - it's fantastic. Imagine a cell-shaded GTA on crack. The pace is perfect for someone like me. The thing I like most is how its emphasis isn't on a horizontal world, but on a vertical one. You can jump up skyscrapers, and as the blurb suggests, you can own the world horizontally and vertically. You also level-up your abilities (like in an RPG) and eventually you can lift things like trucks, and also jump amazingly high in the air.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
only have gears of war so far since i only bought a 360 last week.

im planning on buying 'saints row' 'lonely planet' soon, any other suggestions?

im nearly finished gears of war :eek: fuck its an awesome game, just wish it would be longer.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
only have gears of war so far since i only bought a 360 last week.

im planning on buying 'saints row' 'lonely planet' soon, any other suggestions?

im nearly finished gears of war :eek: fuck its an awesome game, just wish it would be longer.
get Live, then GoW becomes longer.

hahahahha lonely planet? that's the guidebooks. You'd want Lost planet. Also, use the link I gave you, I think they have US-NTSC ones, that are region free for about $65 incl post

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
UT3 should be interesting to see. Hot graphics as always from the series. Ive never been able to do without the mouse for fps though. Console controls are too difficult. I wish there was a mouse connection for the xbox. My laptop (the only 'powerful' computer in the house) is aging and so i need my xbox to pretty much turn into a big fat PC. If they had a mouse connection i would so get Gears of War and Lost Planet.

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
the newest pro evolution soccer and fifa 07 - whats the difference? i cant be bothered to work it out myself.. and my friend has pes and raves about it continuously whilst my other friend's like fifa o7 is awesome!

anyway.... is there a xbox sell thread? haven't checked it out yet.. but i have the final fantasy XIwhich includes the 3 expansion packs and subscription for 30 days as its a XBOX LIVE game.... and i don't want it and it's practically brand new - unless you count opening it and putting it in and then taking it straight out and putting it back into the case as old...... (so anyone interested - pls pm me) ;)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
shoxgeneration said:
the newest pro evolution soccer and fifa 07 - whats the difference? i cant be bothered to work it out myself.. and my friend has pes and raves about it continuously whilst my other friend's like fifa o7 is awesome!

anyway.... is there a xbox sell thread? haven't checked it out yet.. but i have the final fantasy XIwhich includes the 3 expansion packs and subscription for 30 days as its a XBOX LIVE game.... and i don't want it and it's practically brand new - unless you count opening it and putting it in and then taking it straight out and putting it back into the case as old...... (so anyone interested - pls pm me) ;)
fifa is more arcadey, i.e. you score a lot of goals (although the 07 version is a tad more realistic).

PES is more of a simulation, i.e. you get a lot of goalless draws, etc. You actually feel amazing every time you score, and it's IMO a better experience.

if you want to sell that game, try the www.xboxworld.com.au forums. they have a great trading post. That or ebay.

Which games do you have for the 360?

Flaming Ninja

Student. Playa. Ninja.
HSC
I bought myself a 360 recently, along with Gears of War, PGR3, Rainbow Six Vegas, Tony Hawk's Project 8 and an extra controller. Oh, also a VGA cable so I could play on my monitor.

Best. Purchase. Ever.

I also just played the Crackdown demo (downloaded it overnight because my cable internet is capped), and I really enjoyed it. Before playing it, I thought I was going to have to buy a crappy game just to get the Halo 3 Beta invite, but now I look forward to purchasing it. I love levelling up my agility and strength, and just jumping around and fucking up the bad guys' day. Pure, unadulterated fun.

I also play Halo 2 still, because I'm quite good at it and want to keep my skills up to scratch for when Halo 3 is released.

If anyone wants to play me, send me a Friend Invite. My GamerTag is TheMirthMobile

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yes, crackdown was fantastic, especially the scale. I've checked out some screenshots from the agency tower, and you can see all the cars down there driving, still. Great graphics engine.

How large is your monitor. mine's not widescreen and only 21" :( I'm looking at getting a 36" Samsung LCD HDTV. That would be sexytime, especially as I have the add-on HD-DVD drive.

Do you buy most of your games from play-asia, if not, check out the site:
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-3f7l-71-bn-49-en-84-k-40-extended.html

You can get heaps of region-free games (they work on all PAL/NTSC-U/C-NTSC-J consoles) for less than $60 in most cases including postage. If it says "no region protection" then it has no region protection :)

Flaming Ninja

Student. Playa. Ninja.
HSC
My monitor is only a 19" CRT, but I'm also looking to get a Samsung LCD HDTV. It's annoying because the highest resolution I can play at is 1024x768. There's everything except 1280x960. Ah well, it still looks awesome.

Thanks for that link, too! Those prices are fucking awesome. I will definitely be making purchases from there in the future.

Also, you wouldn't happen to be Stas, a guy who graduated from SBHS in 2004?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
shite, that sucks balls. youll be amazed at how fantastic it will look on a widescreen monitor/tv.

Bookmark that link - that way i get affiliation credit, and you'll also get $5 off each coming order via a voucher that gets ent with every order.

That would be me. Did you go to high

Flaming Ninja

Student. Playa. Ninja.
HSC
Yeah, I just finished this year. You might not remember me, but I'm Slava. Last time I saw you was in KFC on George Street when I was with some other guys from High.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh i remember you. how could i forget. you're a jew. add me to xbox live: frenzal

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
stazi said:
fifa is more arcadey, i.e. you score a lot of goals (although the 07 version is a tad more realistic).

PES is more of a simulation, i.e. you get a lot of goalless draws, etc. You actually feel amazing every time you score, and it's IMO a better experience.

if you want to sell that game, try the www.xboxworld.com.au forums. they have a great trading post. That or ebay.

Which games do you have for the 360?

aaahh..... hmmm maybe PES is more to my liking... but i have no moolah at the mo.. i need to wait until it ...dips in price! what is the chance of that, you reckon? hmmm...

okay i shall - thx heaps for the link. shall check it out later! i really regret trading in at EB Games now :( :( :(

i have currently.. the final fantasy one and saint's row. and i DID until last week, have Kameo & Perfect Dark Zero...... not that i bought any of them since i won my XBOX 360 and those games..... (you know that MSN Live soccer trivia comp) :D

well EB games = RETARDS. they gave me gift voucher of FOURTEEN DOLLARS for those 2 games. i felt so ripped :(

)at least i have a ps2......)

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
shoxgeneration said:
well EB games = RETARDS. they gave me gift voucher of FOURTEEN DOLLARS for those 2 games. i felt so ripped :(
err, doesn't that make you even dumber, or even more "retarded" for taking it???

stazi

Nightman
HSC
haha exactly. best thing to do is using gaming forums such as xboworld to trade and sell games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)