OH NO my calculator DIED!!!! (1 Viewer)

Jaron2005

HSC
Hey guys my Caluclator just died on me it is a Casio Fx-82TL, i got it since i was in yr 7 and i am currently in year 12, i was wondering where can u buy this Casio Calculator, because i really don't want to buy the new models, because, i know the function fo this calculator very well and it will take me sometime to get use to the new model? can i buy the FX-82TL at any news agent or at K-mart or big W?

HSC
Hahaha, that's what calculator I have! I don't like the newer models either, they look evil.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I am like the original poster have had my calculator since year 7 and hope to use it in the HSC exams, still running on its original batteries. Go my calculator!

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
happibear said:
i hope mine still works. last time i had an exam and my calculator isnt giving me right answers. so disappointed....
Worst comes to worst, bring 2 calculators into the exam, just make sure both of them are working, otherwise they would be of no use to you ;)

I've had my calculator since year 6, still working fine, although I always bring a newer calculator with me, just in case the old one dies.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
i have friends who take in 3 calculators into their maths exams..... freaks!

-ive had the same calculator since year 7.. lol

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
yeh its heaps good :) that calculator does wonders for everyone in my grade... the newer ones are of the devil.

ediisjoz

HSC
I've had my calculator since year 8 and it sometimes goes flat... i would crack the shits times 50 if it broke totally before the end of this year (im in year 12). i also have a graphics calculator which i never use and the batteries are flat... soo gaY!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
wm_abusef said:
i thought graphics calculators were dissallowed for exams anyway yeh?
Some specific models are allowed in general maths, none are allowed for 2 unit level and higher.

HSC
N/A
I still have my scientific calculator. And it still works.

*pats possessively* (not that I use it much, but the "under the sea" stickers that are on it are really, really cute)

ediisjoz

HSC
no! not in general maths... plus they check ur saved stuff is deleted.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Board of Studies said:
Students are permitted to use calculators, including graphics calculators, that are silent, hand-held, and either battery or solar-powered. Calculators that are capable of communicating or exchanging data may be taken into the examination room, but are not to be used for this purpose in the examination. A calculating device that incorporates a set of keys whose primary function is to represent the alphabetic characters (eg a QWERTY keyboard) is not deemed to be a calculator for the purpose of this examination, and will not be allowed.

Calculators to be used by students in the examination must have been switched off and have had all storage facilities cleared for entry into the examination room.
So yes, you can use graphics calculators in the HSC exam for general maths

Source: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/manuals/calculators_hsc_gen_maths.html

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
interesting, thanks for clearin that up.....but doesn't that mean that they are just making it easier for general maths students?? :S what good would that do?? or perhaps is similar to chemistry students getting the periodic table or maths students getting the standard integrals sheet maybe?

are there any general maths students who use the graphics calculators in exams here?

UzurOger

Almost Sexy Bastard
HSC
I'm a lousy at graphing but I'm not going to pay for those calculators either. i am what you would call a calculator killer i burnt my 1st one destroyed the 2nd one and up to my 3rd. and it seems I'm the only one in the thread that uses the sharp calculators.

the one i have now is the newer model i couldnt find the older one so i was stuck with it. its kinda the same as the old one but it did take me a month to understand it.

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
wm_abusef said:
i have friends who take in 3 calculators into their maths exams..... freaks!
man thats not freaks.. seriously thats just stupid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)