Ok, i Have failed 4 subjects this semester (1 Viewer)

cocky

HSC
in summer school i can only take 2 subjects

i decided that i will do bio and chem in summer school

how woud i make up for my 2 failed math units?

ILikesTheSchool

HSC
You can request to overload next semester to make up for it, but if you failed 4 units it is highly unlikely that they will allow you to overload in semester 2.
Otherwise you can just try your best in semester 2 and summer school to get good marks and they might let you overload next year for semester 1.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
... How did you manage that? Even I didn't fail anything in first year and I hardly attended.

engineering

HSC
N/A
in summer school i can only take 2 subjects

i decided that i will do bio and chem in summer school

how woud i make up for my 2 failed math units?
Summer school is 6 months away, and the lowest concern at the moment. Likewise, thinking of over - enrolling should not be an option.

Many students experience issues that affect their academic performance. These issues may relate to areas such as performance anxiety, career uncertainty, lack of motivation, financial pressures, relationship problems or family expectations. Nearly everyone experiences situations like these during their lives, and there should be no embarrassment or shame about experiencing difficulties. The uni would encourage you take advantage of the range of student support services which you can find at http://sydney.edu.au/stuserv/. .

The uni would also suggest you re-assess your approach to your academic endeavours. Are you using your time effectively? Could you perform better by reading notes before the lecture or creating a study group with your friends? Should you consider a reduced enrolment next semester?

Making a substantial change to academic performance is challenging, but it is possible. However it does require significant changes to a student's approach to his/her study

From an official point of view, also see Advice for students: Academic Progression and the Staying on Track program - Student Affairs Unit - The University of Sydney

random-1006

Banned
HSC
LOL, how do you fail ALL your subjects, thats unbelievable, a nice waste of time going to uni for that semester ( However, im thinking a possible reason for you failing all your subjects was because you were skipping the lectures/ tutorials).

Shoom

HSC
N/A
LOL, how do you fail ALL your subjects, thats unbelievable, a nice waste of time going to uni for that semester ( However, im thinking a possible reason for you failing all your subjects was because you were skipping the lectures/ tutorials).
Back to USNW forum please.

Btw he does five subjects I think.

random-1006

Banned
HSC
Back to USNW forum please.

Btw he does five subjects I think.
oh no, i have been excluded from the uni syd forum, i wasnt specifically searching uni syd forum, it just came up in the "new posts", and i was like, "wtf how do you fail everything". By the looks of the subjects he is doing bachelor of science, so im thinking he would have had to get reasonable marks at high school and be relatively focused. But failing four subjects, you must have been skipping some serious lectures, its not like it was bad luck with the exams or anything. Failing one, probably bad luck, but failing 4, god

Last edited:

lllu

HSC
N/A
You can request to overload next semester to make up for it, but if you failed 4 units it is highly unlikely that they will allow you to overload in semester 2.
Otherwise you can just try your best in semester 2 and summer school to get good marks and they might let you overload next year for semester 1.
What happens if i failed a subject in semester 1 that is a prerequisite for next year's subjects; do you think they will let me overload next year (failed subject only taught once a year) if i do really well for semester 2 and had attended everything (so workshops, tutorials and practicals) and had previoulsy passed all other subjects?

ILikesTheSchool

HSC
What happens if i failed a subject in semester 1 that is a prerequisite for next year's subjects; do you think they will let me overload next year (failed subject only taught once a year) if i do really well for semester 2 and had attended everything (so workshops, tutorials and practicals) and had previoulsy passed all other subjects?
If you do well in semester 2 than it's likely that they would let you overload next year for that one unit. But if its a prerequisite for a second year unit than you would have to wait till semester 2 to be able to do that unit and thats provided that they offer it in semester 2. What unit is it?

lllu

HSC
N/A
If you do well in semester 2 than it's likely that they would let you overload next year for that one unit. But if its a prerequisite for a second year unit than you would have to wait till semester 2 to be able to do that unit and thats provided that they offer it in semester 2. What unit is it?
The unit is provided in semester 1 only and since it's a prerequisite for next year, i'm not sure if they will let me overload.

wonsta

HSC
they wont i failed chem1101 i got mail saying i should uneroll chem1102 which i did few days ago.. talk to that subject's dean the best idea i can think of now..

Hikari Clover

HSC

ask the dean for permission to enrol that subject without prerequiste :wave:
get something like this before you head to the dean
http://www.arts.usyd.edu.au/downloads/documents/forms/undergraduate/2010_Pre-requisiteWaiver.pdf

lllu

HSC
N/A
^ Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)