ok quick last help please (1 Viewer)

shady145

Banned
HSC
3 dot points before i have mastered chemistry HSC... i just need some help on these 3 dps
-process information from secondary sources to describe recent discoveries of elements?
-gather and process information from secondary sources to trace developments in understanding and describing acid/base reactions
-perform a first hand investigation to determine the concentration of a domestic acidic substance using computer based technologies<-----wtf with this one?

anyone who help will be repped.thankyou
goodluck tomorrow ;)

seems ill have to rep once 24hrs is over

Last edited:

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
3 dot points before i have mastered chemistry HSC... i just need some help on these 3 dps
-process information from secondary sources to describe recent discoveries of elements?
-gather and process information from secondary sources to trace developments in understanding and describing acid/base reactions
-perform a first hand investigation to determine the concentration of a domestic acidic substance using computer based technologies<-----wtf with this one?

anyone who help will be repped.thankyou
goodluck tomorrow ;)
lol

are the last 2 dpts from option ?

The first transuranic elements were produced in nuclear reactors in the 1940’s.
· Element 106, Seaborgium, was made in 1974 by both American and Russian science teams.
· Element 118, Ununoctium, and its immediate decay product, Ununhexium, were discovered at the Berkley lab’s 88-inch cyclotron by bombarding targets of lead with an intense beam of high-energy krypton ions.

shady145

Banned
HSC
ooo thanks for that
nah the last 2 are from the acidic environment topic

mR sinister

HSC
The 2nd point you have to talk about lavoiser, davy, arrhenius .... for acids
For bases.., i HAVE NO IDEA

And for the Experiment, there talking about Titration however, instead of a Ph indicator you use a computer based technology. eg a datalogger connected to a computer.

Last edited:

blabla91

HSC
lol

are the last 2 dpts from option ?
They're from acidic environment...

The 2nd one is just a repeat of the story from Lavoisier-Davy-Arrhenius you know how sometimes they double up in the second column so if you have that information you're fine (Lavoisier- acids were compounds with oxygen Davy- acids had replaceable hydrogens Arrhenius- acids donated positive H+ ions as only ions in solution and bases donate negative OH- ions as only ions in solution then go on to Lowry-Bronsted)

The last one Im not entirely sure about I think it involves hooking a pH logger up to a computer which has a software that charts pH so just dip the logger into a range of acidic and basic substances and observe the trends? someone correct me if they have a better answer to that

L

quit bos forever 23/01/07
Under the Tuscan Sun, as per usual, fuckan tearin
HSC
N/A
The 2nd point you have to talk about lavoiser, davy, arrhenius .... for acids
For bases.., i HAVE NO IDEA

And for the Experiment, there talking about Titration however, instead of a Ph indicator you use a computer base technology. eg a datalogger connected to a computer.
probably should learn that hey

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
What on Earth is the 1st dot point? I swear i've been through all of acidic enviro and i haven't seen it :/

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
we did the last one, where we got denture cleaning tablets and placed them in demineralised water, and using a pH probe that was connected to a datalogger and found the concentration of that

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
its from Production its to do with new transuranic elements such as Unnununuim etc.
its from production of materials..the radioisotopes section.
first one is the first topic in the nuclear chem bit
Oh that's ok then because production is the only topic i haven't gone through yet ahaha XD

Hmm if only i could mentioned Governmentium.... if the question comes up do you just say they're finding new elements through the use of advanced particle accelerators, but that these new elements are so unstable that they don't exist for even a second?

shady145

Banned
HSC
Oh that's ok then because production is the only topic i haven't gone through yet ahaha XD

Hmm if only i could mentioned Governmentium.... if the question comes up do you just say they're finding new elements through the use of advanced particle accelerators, but that these new elements are so unstable that they don't exist for even a second?
thats what i plan on writing

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
If it's any consolation - they've never ever asked a question about it before. :p

boxhunter91

HSC
Well lets pray they do.
Im hoping all this stuff comes back to me.
I look through past papers and look at questions and no what to write.
But i always get scared if it doesnt :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)