• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ok so a dumb question... computers? (1 Viewer)

rconn

HSC
i had a quick (note quick... sorry if its been answered 100000 times) look fora post about this... where the hell can i hop on a pc?!

is the library the ONLY place there are public use computers... i know there are rooms around macq but i havent got a clue which are for like, prac labs etc and which anyone can use.

help a first year noob? where the hell can i get onto a pc without a minimum 10min wait?

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
If you are a computing student, you can use the labs in E6A.

From memory around C5C there should b a comp lab opening up soon

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
If you're in EFS you're free to use the computer rooms in E4A, or so i'm told, as long as there are no pracs or tutes going on inside.

-P_D

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
rconn said:
i had a quick (note quick... sorry if its been answered 100000 times) look fora post about this... where the hell can i hop on a pc?!

is the library the ONLY place there are public use computers... i know there are rooms around macq but i havent got a clue which are for like, prac labs etc and which anyone can use.

help a first year noob? where the hell can i get onto a pc without a minimum 10min wait?
some divisions have their own computer rooms. Tell me what degree your doing and i might be able to help you.

If your a psych student, there are computers in C3A that you can use.

*hopeful*

HSC
are the computers under the sam building still there ? the ones near the hairdressers, their for personal use

P

pLuvia

Do we have to pay to print lecture notes/paper from the computers? Might be a stupid question but at USYD they let you print for free!!

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
pLuvia said:
Do we have to pay to print lecture notes/paper from the computers? Might be a stupid question but at USYD they let you print for free!!
With psychology they have free printing for some units. The computer labs in the psych building (but is used by econ people i think) has free printing but you need your own paper.

P

pLuvia

Cyan_phoeniX said:
With psychology they have free printing for some units. The computer labs in the psych building (but is used by econ people i think) has free printing but you need your own paper.
Which building is that? lol I'll be more than happy to provide my own paper, damn lecture notes eat up all my ink

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
pLuvia said:
In the library and EFS comp labs it costs 11cents/page. If you do an isys/comp subject you get, i think, 100 free pages from their labs per week and these can accumulate but they are 'suppose' to be for isys/comp related material only.

rconn

HSC
im an EDUC student... i have units in ENGL/CUL/EDUC this sem, do we have our own labs we can use? i know there are TEPIT labs but they are for classes right?

Kegs

HSC
Tepit is for all time, i have been in there with friends and it is for working on assignments and stuff. General surfing of web is for downstairs in the library. I imagine almost all departments have labs. ICS is lvl 2 of E7B incase this hasnt been mentioned. Geos is E5A 313 and the one next door. 313 is for 2nd/3rd years.

*hopeful*

HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
pLuvia said:
Which building is that? lol I'll be more than happy to provide my own paper, damn lecture notes eat up all my ink
me 2! i hear about this place each year but forget to ask where it is ?

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
i have an abundance of paper...ill prolly end up jamming the printers though :(

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
In case this hasn't been mentioned (quick skim and I didn't see it), library catalogue computers are great for quick checks of things (ie emails, or exam/weekly timetables), without the delays.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Cool, i never knew it is possible to use the catalogue computers to check emails etc

Ok, for the place where you need your own paper. Go to the C3A entrance (the psych building). Go up a floor and through the corridor a little. On your right and left there are a bunch of rooms with lots of computers. (the ones further up are psych only). Im pretty sure these rooms can be used by students doing econ/finance related studies. I have no idea what the room numbers are though. ill post it tommorrow as i'll probably visit there tommorrow.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Skittled said:
In case this hasn't been mentioned (quick skim and I didn't see it), library catalogue computers are great for quick checks of things (ie emails, or exam/weekly timetables), without the delays.
naughty naughty, they are for catalogue use ONLY :p I tried using one yesterday for WebCT and all the word documents screwed up and appeared in an unreadable character set...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Supra said:
naughty naughty, they are for catalogue use ONLY :p I tried using one yesterday for WebCT and all the word documents screwed up and appeared in an unreadable character set...
You're just not asian enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)