ok, so im hitching myself onto the bandwagon (1 Viewer)

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
WW1 is such a give away section though! I mean you can walk in with half as much as you know about Germany and still do ok because of the sources. They act as both props and crutches.

You do Speer or Riefenstahl as your personality?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Hmm, I suppose. I quickly deconstrucy Source C and D first and then leave WWI until I finish the other three sections. Means I have to hurry sometimes when the 3h mark's quickly approaching :S

Speer. I start off with Speer first cos all the historian quotes are in my head first. And its a confidence booster, writing on Speer's life for the first bit of the Q :)

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Kujah said:
Hmm, I suppose. I quickly deconstrucy Source C and D first and then leave WWI until I finish the other three sections. Means I have to hurry sometimes when the 3h mark's quickly approaching :S

Speer. I start off with Speer first cos all the historian quotes are in my head first. And its a confidence booster, writing on Speer's life for the first bit of the Q :)
I always do it basically in order, just because WW1 can be done so quickly I've got extra time to work on my essays if the questions are a bit of a skew from what I wanted.

Though I do Riefenstahl before Germany for the same reason. Gets me in the mind frame and calms me down.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Hmmm, likewise :) I get to spend more time on the essays, and dedicate lesser time to WWI. Same applies to English as well I guess, lol, I start off with the essay, then the creative writing piece and then the comprehension questions :S

*hi5*

What option are you doing for your International Conflict/Peace thingo module~? :)

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Kujah said:
Hmmm, likewise :) I get to spend more time on the essays, and dedicate lesser time to WWI. Same applies to English as well I guess, lol, I start off with the essay, then the creative writing piece and then the comprehension questions :S

*hi5*

What option are you doing for your International Conflict/Peace thingo module~? :)
Indochina, possibly my favourite area of modern history study.
Well, not true because I have so many.

Do you prefer the study of Weimar and its rise and fall, or Hitler and the Nazi regime more?
call me a non comformist, but damn I get off over Weimar. <3

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Nazi regime by far lol. My teacher's always saying they're always gonna split over the two, but I have my doubts..but I tend to focus on the Nazi changes and that more. Much more fascinating than the instability of the 1920s :S

And the intentionalist/structuralist debates are pretty interesting as well :D

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
intentionalist/structuralist debates = omnomnomnom

I just really enjoy Weimar.
I enjoy the regime too but.. its basically just all down hill. At least with Weimar there was the potential for pot of gold at the end of rainbow. Once Hitler utilised article 48, in retrospect it was a downhill slope.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Haha, its interesting =P

Yeah, thats pretty good. Everyone has their area of interest :) What areas of Weimar do you like? The culture, the political activities, the recovery, the potential of hope? :)

Hmm, yeah, I've always loved WWII in general, whether it's the European, North African or Pacific theatre. So Hitler's consolidation and his regime lends itself to that :D

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
All areas. Seriously, its become some what of an obsession
<.<

More of a Vietnam girl myself in terms of wars, though I could go down the path of how it really wasnt.. yeah, I'll stop
=d

Kujah

HSC
N/A
LOL, haha, means that you'd be extremely prepared for anything on Weimar though! =) Nothing wrong with a little bit of passion/obsession (depending on how you look at it)

Haha, Vietnam's alright as well...History in general is gratz...be cool if they actually had 'Medieval History' as well!

lionking1191

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
WW1 is such a give away section though! I mean you can walk in with half as much as you know about Germany and still do ok because of the sources. They act as both props and crutches.

You do Speer or Riefenstahl as your personality?
yeah i love WW1, its so easy to get the marks, you could get away with not knowing ANYTHING and still get 20/25 (5 marks for own knowledge in section 2)

sonyaleeisapixi said:
All areas. Seriously, its become some what of an obsession
<.<

More of a Vietnam girl myself in terms of wars, though I could go down the path of how it really wasnt.. yeah, I'll stop
=d
or you could do the cold war and get a bit of everything :D

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
ahhh it's so good to read about your love for history in general sonya + kujah. my class is full of people who don't really care. there are a few who really enjoy it but most of the people who do Modern are indifferent...which seems infathomable to me when we are learning about such crucial issues in contemporary history... :S

Extension History has also made me think on a deeper level about the sources aspect of ww1 but that can actually act as a hindrance at times because i would rather enter into an in-depth discussion than a measly 2-page overview of reliability, perspective & usefulness.

I do Cold War for International Studies in Peace & Conflict, it is fascinating. We do Mikhail Gorbachev for the personality study though because it fits in so well with the conclusion of the Cold War. I would LOVE to study Speer or Riefenstahl though. That would be amazing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)