• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ok...to wait?? (1 Viewer)

trashman308

HSC
hi, im really confused with all the subject/unit choice thing...is it alright if i wait until orientation day before i do it...like do they tell you what to do at the orientation day???

placebo

HSC
if you are confused check your course outline at www.uws.edu.au/HBOOK/COURSE_SEARCH.ASP, however if that doesn't clear it up it is best to get some advice from your academic advisor.

You can wait until orientation day, however depending on when that is you may miss out on your tutorial registration which starts nextweek (http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/tut_reg).

If the course outline doesn't clear it up - email or ring your course advisor. Their details can be found on your course page.

If mySR is a problem have a look at the support documents you got when you enrolled or the information on the mySR page, or call the helpline.

In terms of what happens at orientation - it depends on what is planned. Each degree has different activities - for some it is just a lecture with basic information and introductions, others they have activities and they last for the whole day.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
placebo has it all summed up there.

You should already have done your unit selection, though. Coming up next is the tutorial registration.

When is your orientation day?

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
orientation day is on the 23rd so you really need to pick stuff before then.

fai69

HSC
ahh...the beauty of uni is just great huh?It was like this for me when i first started last year and i had no clue what was going on.Everything really is left to yourself to figure out and fix.A bit harsh on first years id say.

trashman308

HSC
i signed in my account on the uws website...

its got this page..where there is 2 paragraphs, on each is a list of subjects, eg: "school of engineering, school of maths and computing"

and it has the button "confirm" under each of the 2 paragraphs, but there are no tick boxes like other threads suggest, do i just click confirm???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)