ok..what should i do if i actually fail hsc?! (1 Viewer)

candygore

HSC
I am sooooo worried right now.
OMG I should have applied for TAFE or something at least but didn't and it's kinda late.
So, i was wondering, what can i do if i truely truely fail hsc and don't have any unies to go?
is there any other ways that i can do except redoing hsc?
jesus..guys, i am freaking out 'cause i thought although i haven't applied for tafe on the UAC, i'd be able to get it when i apply whenever i want - i know..wth. erm, so what's out there? any body know something better than doing hsc again or is it possible to apply tafe next year or...
i just need help now!
i need plans just encase i fail...

nataliaa.cc

HSC
Apply at TAFE.
Keep applying for uni each year.
If all else fails, wait til you are mature age and then apply for uni.

Scissors

HSC
just become a hairdresser. that's what all the girls who fail their hsc do.

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
ok do u actually know you're going to fail or are u just freaking yourself out? i wouldnt sit the hsc again under any circumstances. the hsc is a means to an end. i dunno what you're aiming for but if u dont get into your course then apply for another one. if u do ok in it after a year u can easily transfer across. and remember u can change your uac preferences even in febuary so wait until u get your uai before u get too worked up.

HSC
nick3157 said:
ok do u actually know you're going to fail or are u just freaking yourself out? i wouldnt sit the hsc again under any circumstances. the hsc is a means to an end. i dunno what you're aiming for but if u dont get into your course then apply for another one. if u do ok in it after a year u can easily transfer across. and remember u can change your uac preferences even in febuary so wait until u get your uai before u get too worked up.
Agree, remember, you can't actually "fail" your HSC, unless you mean fail as in get a poor UAI.
There are many other paths to uni too if you're really keen, wait till results come then decide what you want to do.

philxe

HSC
if you do fail your hsc you get free beers for starters,

but on a serious note there are so many different ways to get into tertiary study ask you career advisor at your school. i am sure he or she will have a range of options for you

layzeehbum

HSC
you dont have to apply to tafe via uac
you can jut go to the tafe itself and fill in the application form
i forgot how much the fee was....
and yeah if you still wanna go to uni, pick a tafe course where you can to transfer to uni afterwards....

SUSYKINS

HSC
layzeehbum said:
you dont have to apply to tafe via uac
you can jut go to the tafe itself and fill in the application form
i forgot how much the fee was....
and yeah if you still wanna go to uni, pick a tafe course where you can to transfer to uni afterwards....

wth there isnt a fee to apply for tafe =/

lucinderalla

happy, smiley person :)
HSC
you could choose a course at the uni you wanna go to with a lower uai cutoff and after a year, if you do ok, you can transfer.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Not all Tafe courses require you to send in an application form. It's usually the most popular courses or those that require previous skills/experience to build upon.

So you can still go to Tafe enrollment dates haven't been posted yet but they are usually late January early February, depends on the course you want to do and the campus as to when it is and what you have to do.

Also many universities offer a 1 year course that will give you an equivalent to a UAI after a year (you do general subjects like yr 12) and then you might be able to get into your preferred course. So that's worth looking up.

Of course you can work for a few years then go to university as a mature aged student.

Basically "failing" the HSC by getting a lower UAI then you wanted/needed is most certainly not the end of the world and like someone else said "the hsc is merely a means to an end". Most people that repeat either regret doing so, drop out or for those that are really driven and know exactly what they want can do quiet well but really is up to the student.

I would certainly look at every other option before deciding to repeat and would only do that as a very very very very last resort. Better to move forward then back.

Good luck with your remaining exams if you have any and results - stay positive. Hope this helped. :)

whoisurdaddy

HSC
La trobe offers a couple of courses that require a very low cut off. I think around 50 uai

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)