Ok who thinks they failed the exam big time, i no i did (1 Viewer)

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
dezzy said:
yes we're being funny...lol

we are paying it out...like c'mon- how easy was it! lol
LOL i thot u were serious for a sec.. was gonna say, "um.. 25% = 1/4, duh."

now that someone mentioned it, i stuffed up on that k b cubed question thingy farrout.. missed the "cubed" aswell arghh ! they should've stressed the cubed.. like: blablablaCUBEDblablabla. damn.. =/

other than that, i think i did alright. wasn't that hard.

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
Lol the gnome question cracked me up.. it added a bit of novelty to the exam :)

I didnt like the Sanjeev question... i wasnt aware tafe had 4 year courses?

they should have said University, a post-Uni holiday would have made alot of sense.. but then again, maybe the Board of Studies thought that if they done so, it wouldnt be as relative for "General Mathematicians".
If they are suggesting most General Mathematicians wont make it to Uni, grr

Bah.. i want to go to Uni...I will prove you wrong BOS!

*hehe, maybe im reading too much into things, but ive got to get into the Extension 1 English mindset...

Last edited:

dont_b_simple

cro_angel said:
damn with the gnomes one i failed to see the word 'cube' and just did y=kx hopefully ill get a couple of sympathy marks for doing the rest right
OMG...oh i didn't see the word cube either, didn't even realise till i read ur thread...damn

Terra_Niux

l337 h4x0r
HSC
N/A
I got K=0.05

0.05 x 1000 = $50

that's what I thought :S

I think I didnt do that great in the exam anyway

DakoToke

I thought the exam was easy also, however i didnt finish. Anyone else run out of time? or am i just slow? :(

dezzy

HSC
for k i got 23.3...lol dont ask me how! haha
the price of the gnomes for the next section of the question for me were like 1109 or sumthin..lol..yes, bloody felicity is right! ahah...i hate felicity

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
Terra_Niux said:
I got K=0.05

0.05 x 1000 = $50

that's what I thought :S

I think I didnt do that great in the exam anyway
I got .05 too, am i write or wrong?? aaahhh

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
i thought i was gona fail but the exam wasnt that bad actually... i think i might have just passed.................................................................maybe

Farkette

HSC
Atotoi said:
Lol the gnome question cracked me up.. it added a bit of novelty to the exam :)
funny stuff lol the first thing i thought of was some sort of memory of Fark (as in .com) and ppl that steal garden knomes.. wasted a good nanosecond of exam time)

Atotoi said:
they should have said University, a post-Uni holiday would have made alot of sense.. but then again, maybe the Board of Studies thought that if they done so, it wouldnt be as relative for "General Mathematicians".
If they are suggesting most General Mathematicians wont make it to Uni, grr

Bah.. i want to go to Uni...I will prove you wrong BOS!
agreed!

ps who else is getting sick of the now cliche'd uses of multiculturally sensitive diversity of names? its becoing ironic, almost offending 'multicultural ppl' as it is so obvious that they include them for the reason to LOOK politically correct.

at least no more maths textbooks forcing their pc on me!!
(yes i intend also to go to uni, but NOT anything MATHS related!!)

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
Yeah, funniest shit ever in the textbook...
"Habib is flying AWAY from new york to turkey"
*Sir, why the fuck would habib be flying a plane OUT of new york, did he just wuss our or get some new orders or what?*

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
it was a pretty good exam except for Q 28-
those Mulitple choice questions, whats wrong with the bos, they were way too easy, i mean the first question on the freaking exam Whats the fraction of 25%... we did that in what, year 5

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
Stilla said:
Yeah, funniest shit ever in the textbook...
"Habib is flying AWAY from new york to turkey"
*Sir, why the fuck would habib be flying a plane OUT of new york, did he just wuss our or get some new orders or what?*
ROFL@Habib :D

Unless you assume the plane is "fully sick", maybe thats taken the politically correct angle a bit too far. Like in a maths question, the point is to get the question right, rather than show how big the variety of name is in the world. Maybe they are forced to do so by the gov't?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It's going to be interesting marks...they'll probably have to deduct points for things like messy handwriting and not writing near the margin.

legallytaouk

hahaha LMAO that habib thing was funy.. but cud u use a more approriate name.. like mohamed or ali or sumtin!!!

that exam was fukn stooooopid! by the time i reached the stoopid gnomes..i looked at them, thought FUK THIS SHIT.. and walked out.. hopeless attempt i think i screwed up SOOOOOOOOOOO bad...well considering i didn rock up to any maths lessons.. i guess it dus pay off to acctually attend class.... ahwell all i can do now is hope for the best...

that first question killed me... i thought it was a trik question... i circled the 1/4 one then crossed it out n cheked on my calculator coz it was soooo weird!

i dun even thnk i remotely passed....

STOOOOOOOOOPID MATHS.. at least i neva eva eva hav 2 do it again!! never ever ever evvvvvvvvvvver AMEN

and thats the end of that :)

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
Oh i wasn't just fabribating a name, it's actually in the textbook as an example, the textbook which was incidentally written by my teacher, so everytime we find something interesting in there we let him know about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)