Old Kingdom Egypt - Historical Period Notes !!! (1 Viewer)

omgd.

HSC
N/A
Does ANYONE have any OKE Historical Period Notes ?
Its SOOO Hard to find information on this !
And I dont understand why theres no textbook on it
its ridiculous !
Were trying to cram Hatshepsut/ Pompei and Historical Period in this one term
its crazy
im not even half way understanding the Historical Period
Does anyoneeeeee have any notes on this
Im desperate :(
I cant work with messy notes, and everything we get in class is just so messy. Like I have no idea how I would structure the essays, all the information is off websites. Im wasting so much time and energy on history with no progress its affecting my other subjects :(

Help please
anyone :(

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Go to a uni library (macquarie and sydney are best for ancient) or go to the state library, get some proper, informative books and make your own notes.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
Go to a uni library (macquarie and sydney are best for ancient) or go to the state library, get some proper, informative books and make your own notes.
I was thinking of doing that, but my friend went and had a look and she said the school has similar books. And the school ones have very brief information, like because of fragmented evidence or whatever. Its really hard to put it together without making assumptions to tie one thing with another, and the minute you do that, its wrong -_-"

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I was thinking of doing that, but my friend went and had a look and she said the school has similar books. And the school ones have very brief information, like because of fragmented evidence or whatever. Its really hard to put it together without making assumptions to tie one thing with another, and the minute you do that, its wrong -_-"
uh... i doubt that your school has all the same books as a uni library, if it does, your school has an excellent library!! Anyway, i do ancient at macquarie and their library is pretty good. I had a search on the catalogue and found plenty of books on old kingdom Egypt, theres even one tailored to the hsc course (though i don't know how good it will be, pamela bradley can be a little shit...). So yeah, it might be worth going and having a look yourself, the library people are very helpful :)

Heres the link to the catalogue search.
WebVoyage Titles

omgd.

HSC
N/A
uh... i doubt that your school has all the same books as a uni library, if it does, your school has an excellent library!! Anyway, i do ancient at macquarie and their library is pretty good. I had a search on the catalogue and found plenty of books on old kingdom Egypt, theres even one tailored to the hsc course (though i don't know how good it will be, pamela bradley can be a little shit...). So yeah, it might be worth going and having a look yourself, the library people are very helpful :)

Heres the link to the catalogue search.
WebVoyage Titles
Ooo thank youu !! Okay I'll try to go to MaQ and have a look. Yeah i have a P.Bradley book, the ' reconstructing the past ' one, its really brief. It speaks of the evidence, but not necessarily the process? like the summary of each thing. I don't know history is really annoying me, i hate it when things are unorganized, and with history you have to piece so many things together. But thank you for that, Ill definitely go have a look ! :)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
things are unorganized, and with history you have to piece so many things together.
Thats what i love about it :p
Btw, its a good idea to look up the books and note down the call (reference) numbers for them the night before, then when you get there theres less mucking around.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
Thats what i love about it :p
Btw, its a good idea to look up the books and note down the call (reference) numbers for them the night before, then when you get there theres less mucking around.
LOl i only like piecing information when it comes to things like crime. Basically with HSC especially with history the course is so long, and theres so much to remember, theres really not much time to do your own research. Especially for 15 separate dot points. It takes up a lot of time -_-" Thank you for that though, Ill do that before I go there. Thanks heaps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)