Old Kingdom Egypt (1 Viewer)

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
Hey all,

In term 2 my class is getting a new teacher for Ancient History and we've just been told our new topic is Old Kingdom Egypt and the Society at the time. I was just wondering if any of you have done Old Kingdom Egypt already in your school?

We've been told it's very boring by our current teacher but i need some perspective from students that have already done it...........

Is it going to be as boring as she says????

momoo

HSC
some parts are quite interesting, like religion and art, but after you finish studying it you WILL be glad.... it got rather draining studying pyramids for over 2 weeks.

niteshade1312

HSC
At least you didnt have a substititue in replace of the BEST hist teacher every and not take in one fact!

niteshade1312

HSC
It was terrible, but Old Kingdom is actually quite interesting even though they didnt do much besides build the pyramids, the sphinx and had some very interesting beliefs and mummification adn burial techniques!

X

xeuyrawp

niteshade1312 said:
It was terrible, but Old Kingdom is actually quite interesting even though they didnt do much besides build the pyramids, the sphinx and had some very interesting beliefs and mummification adn burial techniques!
I find the most interesting part of OKE is the beginning of the religion starting to take shape. I mean, at that time, it wasn't a very coherant belief system, and it's interesting whne you compare it with the more formal NKE beliefs.

*sighs* I guess "interesting" is the wrong word, but you get the drift.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)