Old Kingdom Sources (1 Viewer)

morphmandude

I am doing an assessment task at school where I need to make a source booklet on Old Kingdom Egypt: Religion. I can use architectural, artifacts and written sources (Pyramid Texs, poems, inscriptions). I am to specifically refer to dot point five on the syllabus which states

5. religion, death and burial, and systems of belief and practice including:
• beliefs, practices, and organisation
• cemeteries: pyramid complexes — Saqqara, Dashur, Giza, Abusir
• role of king in religion
• development of funerary customs and rituals
• funerary architecture and texts

Does anyone know any good places to find sources for those areas in old kingdom? Once it is complete (maybe after it is marked) I will be submitting it to the site or at least hosting it myself for people to access.

Retsam

HSC
Yep, that's what we are doing. By the way Adoy, edit your heading so that it is requesting for Old Kingdom sources, at first I thought you might have been providing.

Last edited:

Retsam

HSC
Hum...there has been plenty of views but no one seem to have answered us yet.

X

xeuyrawp

morphmandude said:
I am doing an assessment task at school where I need to make a source booklet on Old Kingdom Egypt: Religion. I can use architectural, artifacts and written sources (Pyramid Texs, poems, inscriptions). I am to specifically refer to dot point five on the syllabus which states

5. religion, death and burial, and systems of belief and practice including:
• beliefs, practices, and organisation
• cemeteries: pyramid complexes — Saqqara, Dashur, Giza, Abusir
• role of king in religion
• development of funerary customs and rituals
• funerary architecture and texts

Does anyone know any good places to find sources for those areas in old kingdom? Once it is complete (maybe after it is marked) I will be submitting it to the site or at least hosting it myself for people to access.
In the unlikely event that you're going to read this (most new people post and never come back), send me a Personal Message, and I'll send you an essay that I wrote for uni.

Retsam

HSC
Don't worry, he'll come back, even if he doesn't I will be and I could sent it too him. Anyway, I'll tell him about it.

X

xeuyrawp

Retsam said:
Don't worry, he'll come back, even if he doesn't I will be and I could sent it too him. Anyway, I'll tell him about it.
(Read: You want the essay).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)