• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Oldest Person to do the HSC? (1 Viewer)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
someone was telling me the other day that some people (aged 40 +) actually do the HSC is this true?? whats the highest aged person youve seen :S

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
wrxsti said:
someone was telling me the other day that some people (aged 40 +) actually do the HSC is this true?? whats the highest aged person youve seen :S
LOL one of my friends said there was an 80yo woman ..
but i didn't believe him =S

unless its true ?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
LOL one of my friends said there was an 80yo woman ..
but i didn't believe him =S

unless its true ?
80 year old? lol highly unlikely! He/She may just pass away during the english exams. :p but umm i hope that doesn't happen to anyone :)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
A couple of years ago there was a woman in her 80s who did the HSC at the same time as her grandchild.

It isn't unusual for people in their 40s to do it.

When they were at school in the 70s only about 30% of students continued on past Year 10 to do the HSC and it was even lower than that in the late 50s.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
cem said:
A couple of years ago there was a woman in her 80s who did the HSC at the same time as her grandchild.

It isn't unusual for people in their 40s to do it.

When they were at school in the 70s only about 30% of students continued on past Year 10 to do the HSC and it was even lower than that in the late 50s.
Serious? But what would be the point in doing you're HSC when you're in your 80s?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Kujah said:
Satisfaction?
Seriously, i just wouldn't be bothered. By the time I'm 80 my thinking capacity would've dropped severely.

Legham

HSC
At the start of year 11 a 40-50 year old aboriginal woman joined our grade to do the hsc, but she dropped out in like 1 term..

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Legham said:
At the start of year 11 a 40-50 year old aboriginal woman joined our grade to do the hsc, but she dropped out in like 1 term..
What a surprise :p
Most of the Aboriginal girls in our school dropped out in year 10.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
tanjin said:
Serious? But what would be the point in doing you're HSC when you're in your 80s?

If I remember the story properly it was so that she could share some experiences with her grandchildren that she had never had as a child herself. She also would have the satisfaction of doing the HSC and proving to herself that she could do it.

I did my MA a number of years ago now with a guy who was a retired judge. He was completely blind and he was doing the degree to keep his mind active.

The more you keep you mind active the greater the chances of delaying or preventing alzheimers according to some research.

looie

HSC
We had a 19 y.o in Year 11 but she dropped out.

Other than that all 18 and 17.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)