Olympic coverage (3 Viewers)

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
what does everyone think of the way prime has covered the olympics? i think its been really poor - they dont say clearly whats going to be on when and they seem to only be covering the sports where Aus has a competitor - i mean, im all for supporting our team, but just because a sport doesn't have an aussie in it doesnt mean it shouldnt get coverage! any thoughts?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Its boring ... a waste of time ... and i want passions and home & away back!!! :uhhuh:

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
SBS coverage is better in terms of knowing whats on when...but still...the events I want to watch aren't shown except for in "highlights" on both channels...which is quite annoying, and yes, they should show events even if they don't have Australians in it...

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
And there's three other threads about the games you could have posted in :rolleyes:

But I hate Johanna Griggs and Rebecca Wilson from 7. I want their jobs.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah Seven's coverage isn't the best, SBS's is better. The only time you get to see non-Australian events is on SBS and 'The Dream' :p

Lundy

Banned
HSC
To be honest I'm not all that interested in watching events when there's no australians in them. I usually tune out when there's no one to cheer for.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Who's that chubby guy? He looks like Tony Squires [if he is...:eek:]. Well, the other day, he was behind the desk and they were filming and he didny even realise! Doh! He was chatting away randomly and then sheepishly turned to the camera and started reading off the auto-cue hahaha

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
Lundy said:
To be honest I'm not all that interested in watching events when there's no australians in them. I usually tune out when there's no one to cheer for.

LoLz, you suck! :p

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Have to agree with Lundy here...I mean watching the scull rowing thing is not exactly the most exciting entertainment *yawn*

The badminton the other day on SBS with both people from China was sleep inducing :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Lundy said:
me too, i'll watch it for the sport, but if sport's on all day like it is now, if i have the choice of watching a sport without aussies now and another with aussies in it later, and i have to fit in work at sometime, of course i'll watch the one where i have someone to cheer for. cheering for your country is what it's all about

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Lundy said:
same. even if china's in it. or HK (which is highly unlikely :p)

we have chinese cable, and dad gets all excited, "OMG OMG OMG daughter look at china!!!!!"

me: turns around from computer, glances at screen... "meh."

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hahha wheres your patriotism!

the womens volleyball is fucken great on sbs, those cubans are angry muthas

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Actually I think its coverage is more well rounded than that. Australian-biased of course, but pretty well rounded nonetheless. They emphasise australian achievements because that's what australia wants to hear about.

Last edited:

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
FFS STOP SHOWING 20 REPEATS OF THE SWIMMING, THEIR ARE OTHER FUCKING EVENTS GOING ON AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

stupid ch.7, they dont show an event if an australian isnt a hopeful, its so crap

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
yeah they seriousily should stop showing the repeats fo the swimming
i aslo hat it how they say... tonights events, but they dont teven tell you the time that it is on.
btw 100m final is on 6:10 am monday morning

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
the mainstream commercial television only broad cast snippets of each sport and mainly focus on the aussie team, while SBS shows the whole game from different countries!

go SBS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)