Olympic coverage (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
what do you think about the rumour jana didn't have a knee operation?

i don't think it's true, she has said herself that other people have had the same problem and they went on to win events a week or two later

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
I can clear up the whole Jana crap

A friend at school's mum works for the company that performed Jana's knee operation (wasnt a hospital that did it). She said that it was a Phantom Operation, an operation that is performed to check out the area and see wahts wrong, in other words they opened her up, saw nothing serious was wrong, closed it up with nothing done to her. Then her PR crew started this crap about ruined ACL etc. Jana didnt know wtf was wrong with her so she believed all the bs.
Now ch.7 have their hero story

^___ShabS___^

HHATE it when they dont show other events ....!!!! :mad: :mad:
and i hate it when they play an event with aussies involved 3 bloody times a day...4 including the live one...

i wonder how pissed others get who arent austrialians but their countries are well involved in the games ....... tch tch tch ...feel sorry for them! :uhhuh:

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
dark`secrets said:
the mainstream commercial television only broad cast snippets of each sport and mainly focus on the aussie team, while SBS shows the whole game from different countries!

go SBS!
channel 7 does show the whole game - if you watch at like 1-6 am.. of course mostly australian games

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i feel sorry also for that rower who was too tired and then was isolated by her team mates.

yet we live in australia, and ppl want to see aussies competiting and trying their best

i understand the whole repeating thing- its annoying at times, but ch7 isnt about to change.

sbs shows other stuff, not the most interesting stuff.

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
Asquithian said:
channel 7 is shit...if all you watched was channel 7 you would think Australia was the only nation winning medals and that Thorpe is going to be the athelete of the games...channel 7 feeding Australian nationalism...
you are a nob son

nerd2die4

HSC
do you really think heaps of Australians are going to be watching channel seven when, Australia is not in it? or an event that is not highly popular? no, as if they would, we want to see Australia win, stuff the rest. and once you start showing other countries wins, just for the hell of it, others in Australia that are from another culture will have a cry and ask 'why not show our country?'. the answer is we donn't care about other vountries other than australia.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Too bad all you people who are saying "I only wanna watch Australia win, waa waa waa" are shit.

What games are these? Oh tri-nation rugby tour? NO! Maybe it's the Olympics.

Roy and H.G. have a tendency to show sports during their show that doesn't have Australians as medal contenders, maybe you should go and complain that they're cluttering up the air time with non-Australian rubbish.

Petty xenophobic nationalists...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
all i'm hating at the moment is that they replay the same event all the time, so i see it about 2 or 3 times. no wonder the diving was on all day today

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Meh, Its all Good. I Love Channel 7 SO much. Its light years better than what an American telecast is. Imagine not knowing the full results of who got what in the final after a race - and only knowing what an american got. Thats exactly what NBC has done. They dont have a results page like 7.

Unfortunately, the technology that Channel 9 had with the Yellow line showing the world record pace (usually seen in thorpe scenes when he's against the record) isnt something that Channel 7 is able to do.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
channel 7 can't put a yellow line on the screen?.. I've been wondering what happend to that line..

I don't mind the replays as long as its the same day and not for days after the thing is over :rolleyes: ..like some of the swimming.. I'm pretty sure we've all seen it.

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
Ziff said:
Too bad all you people who are saying "I only wanna watch Australia win, waa waa waa" are shit.

What games are these? Oh tri-nation rugby tour? NO! Maybe it's the Olympics.

Roy and H.G. have a tendency to show sports during their show that doesn't have Australians as medal contenders, maybe you should go and complain that they're cluttering up the air time with non-Australian rubbish.

Petty xenophobic nationalists...
you do realise that roy and hg is a joke? i thought that was assumed?

Ziff

HSC
N/A
No shit it's a joke. It's the only way they can get the majority of the lame myopic Australians to watch anything that's got some foreign content.

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
Ziff said:
No shit it's a joke. It's the only way they can get the majority of the lame myopic Australians to watch anything that's got some foreign content.
no i whenever they show a sport without aussies on the dream switch channels

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
Asquithian said:
haha myoptic...i love that word :p

after all the complaints in the papers about 7's coverage they started to show more non Aussie centric sports...

But still its STRONGLY bias towards Australia...there are other greats sports going on and we are not seeing any of it :| ...only sbs
so do i, just knowing what it means makes me feel all special and, well, above everyone else :)

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
Asquithian said:
SWIM SENSATIONS : Which swimmer caught your eye at Athens?

Jodie Henry (Australia) - 57%
Michael Phelps (US) - 14%
Ian Thorpe (Australia) - 11%
Aaron Peirsol (US) - 1%
Kosuke Kitajima (Japan) - 2%
Amanda Beard (US) - 2%
Petria Thomas (Australia) - 12%
Yana Klochkova (Ukraine) - 2%

survey from smh

abit of aussie centric tv id suggest
your 'statistics' both scare and amuse me.

heres mine from yahoo.

I'm following beach volleyball because:

20303 Votes

It's exciting action
20% 4080 votes

The Americans are doing well
21% 4353 votes

They don't wear much
58% 11870 votes

not only proves that americans care more about their country then others when it comes to the olympics, so they too must be, 'petty xenophobic nationalists' but the majority will spent time in front of their tv to catch a hottie in a swimsuit.... perving bastards!

i'm so sick of watching the same stuff as well they could be showing the Australians in the shooting and disabled shooting which is way more interesting then watching swiming and all the other crap

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
all u people who said that they enjoyed 7s coverage, think they're doing a great job etc.
i dont think any of us who think theyre doing a crap job are saying that because we dont like to cheer on Aussies, unpatriotic etc. its like one of those rower chicks said "we work just as hard as any other athlete in the games, but because rowing isnt a high profile sport, the only time any one is ever even remotely interested in us is during the Olympics" - this is true for all the sports that arent high-profile (ie. not swimming, tennis etc.). these people work their arses off for 4 years just like the swimmers do - in fact, some of them work harder because they dont get big coporate sponsorships, so they have to find ways to raise money all by themselves as well as training. i just think its unfair that we dont get to see any of these sports unless theres an aussie in them - they arent even mentioned. how is it fair that they work so hard and then we ignore them because they beat our country to a place in the finals? - its almost like a little kid chucking a tantrum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)