olympics tv :s.... (1 Viewer)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
I looked at the TV guide to day and it seems that for the olympics prime and SBS
will ditch all programming for the olympics???

is is really that interesting?

i don't remember this happening for atlanta and sydney, or is my memory failing me.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
memory's failing you

maybe you weren't thinking about it during the syd olympics cos you were too hyped up

personally im pissed off cos i wanna find out who sarah killed on 'home and away' :mad:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I'm pissed off as well ... all day time tv is gone and i want to know who sarah killed as well. Man ... gotta wait so long :mad: seven should get their prioties right!!!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
They soooo overhype it... on one of the ads it says something about "having the greatest time of your life"... if watching the Athens Olympics on television is the greatest moment in my life, I'd be pretty concerned about what type of life I was leading....

Now they are replaying the Sydney Opening Ceremony.... sheesh!

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
i gave up caring about the olympics 4 years ago

i mean, its great and all that, but just not my cup of tea. too overhyped if you ask me

pc_wizz

ρ s y c н o ρ α τ н ™
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
They soooo overhype it... on one of the ads it says something about "having the greatest time of your life"... if watching the Athens Olympics on television is the greatest moment in my life, I'd be pretty concerned about what type of life I was leading....

Now they are replaying the Sydney Opening Ceremony.... sheesh!
argghhhh ... i so despise nicky webster :mad:

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
i think the reason it seems like its taking over the TV is because in 2000 it was just channel 7 whereas now its also SBS. or did SBS also show the games in 2000?

pc_wizz

ρ s y c н o ρ α τ н ™
HSC
i think sbs showed the minor events ... same as for these games

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
one of the few events im interested in is the Women's basketball, whether Lauren Jackson and the Opals can upstage the USA
also the Men's 100m track final (only cause I used to sprint in high school)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Minai said:
one of the few events im interested in is the Women's basketball, whether Lauren Jackson and the Opals can upstage the USA
also the Men's 100m track final (only cause I used to sprint in high school)
considering the 100m dash is only 10seconds i wouldn't mind watching that one :)

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
ye the sprints are great, its when they do like 400m swimming that bugs me, you can leave the room make dinner come back and they are still swimming.. it tires me out :(

Edit: lundy, 400m is enough to bore me

Last edited:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I think you mean the 1500m.

They've replayed the sydney opening ceremony so many freakin times. There's only so much nikki webster one can take.

pc_wizz

ρ s y c н o ρ α τ н ™
HSC
Lundy said:

They've replayed the sydney opening ceremony so many freakin times. There's only so much nikki webster one can take.
:mad: ... grr ... hate her

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Lundy said:

I can't even take it the first time... it's like televisionised torture!!

Seriously man, everything's becoming overrated these days.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
At least The Dream is coming back

edit: oh, and I see they've made a new qantas ad to play over and over and over and over

Last edited:

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Lundy said:
At least The Dream is coming back

edit: oh, and I see they've made a new qantas ad to play over and over and over and over
The only scene which stood out for me in that ad was when they show the kids singing on the sails of the Opera House. When I was saw that I was thought, wow must have been scary.

Watching the replay of the Greek opening ceremony right now and argh...so many countries.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah i have read twice a comment about the 400m being so long and boring, like wtf, it's the best race ever, world record is 3.40m, it's a quick one

and so this is where the olympic discussion is happening, i looked in the sports section

good on them for abandoning all programming, it makes you get into the spirit more :rolleyes: i don't care actually, i don't watch ch7 so i am not missing something, just gaining sports races

i can't wait for the races to get started, only happen once every 4 years, the whole world gets to compete

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
if u ask me they do have their priorities straight, the Olympics is the greatest sporting event in history and its great to watch.
presonally i love watching it, so much passion and competitiveness.
id rather watch the marathon walk then the stupid shows channel 7 has to offer

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
they should make a new free to air channel devoted to the olympics for the next 2 weeks. but yes, channel7 has nothing to offer anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)