on campus accomendations (1 Viewer)

shuning

HSC
i went to the open day yesterday, had a look in Burgmann College, didnt get to look at the others cuz some problems >.<

anyways.... Burgmann College looks nice, but i sorta prefer Self-catered.

UniLodge is definitly not the place for me....

there other 2 choices i have are FENNER HALL and BURTON & GARRAN HALL.
but it looks like Fenner Hall is for mature age ppl.....

so i guess its down to BURTON & GARRAN HALL only....

can some1 tell me abit more about BURTON & GARRAN HALL? especially when contrasted to Burgmann's College so i can make my decision which to apply.

thanks

freaksoutalot

HSC
accomodation******

but i went to the open day as well and had a tour of burton and Garren Hall, was pretty nice - the kitchen is effing amazing soooo massive, honetly beyond the kitchen there was that much of a difference between that and the catered colleges

shuning

HSC
回复: Re: on campus accomendations

oh thanks man.

another Q.

what is the difference between apply for Full Year 2010 and Semester 1 2010?
is it possible that i apply for 1 semester only and some1 else will take my place in semester 2?

shuning

HSC

yes thats true.
you would only apply for semester one if you knew you could stay somewhere else for semester two
but what happen if u applied for all yr but u didnt like it and want to chance the nxt semester >.<

OMG this is confusing

but i'll just apply for 1 semester...... see how it goes >.<

ah.sport

HSC
N/A
whatever.
id just deal with it and make the best. you're never going to be 100% happy with everything at the colleges

shuning

HSC

true..
btw did u take a look at Ursula Hall?
how is it contrasted to Burgmann College?
and i sorta also want to know where all the Asain fobs are LOL ( apart from uniLodge )

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
Re: 回复: Re: on campus accomendations

what is the difference between apply for Full Year 2010 and Semester 1 2010?
is it possible that i apply for 1 semester only and some1 else will take my place in semester 2?
They won't allow you to just 'give' your room to a mate in sem2. trust me.
Generally for first years, they want you to stay a full year. Sem1 only contracts are for people who are finishing their degree early etc. They are rarely for new students. You would need a good reason to need just 1 sem.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: on campus accomendations

on a more srious note... i just noticed about the Registration fees....
does that mean we should apply for accom after we get our offer to ANU?
No! lol, apply early. most of the interviews occur before the UAC offers are given. Apply early! lol, don't know how much emphasis i can put on this.

true..

and i sorta also want to know where all the Asain fobs are LOL ( apart from uniLodge )
asian fobs are at fenner... trust me.

As far as dota goes, alot of people play dota + cod4

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
davo: are you currently at anu? if so, where are you staying?, how do you find it?, etc etc
I've deferred from uni for 6 months and atm i'm living in sydney. However, i regularly go back to canberra etc. I was living at johns for 3 years, but have had regular contact in colleges burgmann, johns, ursula, fenner, UL and bruce... and to a slightly lesser extent b&g. I find the colleges are good, i think it's really important to stay in one of the 'older' colleges on campus for your first year, just to make friends, get new expereinces etc. You'll get alot out of it.
You get a scheduled social event, so it's pretty easy to do interesting things. The hardest parts of colleges are a) finding the balance between work and play & b) just getting settled into college life (if you've never left home/boarded etc). However, if you're open to new experiences, you'll have no issues adjusting/fitting in.

Make sure you have a look at the FAQ page (scroll right to the bottom where all the college questions are). I try and update it as much as possible.... and give as much advise as i can. Any questions give me a buzz.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A

what happen if u applied early but didnt get in?
On the FAQ there is a link to the anu student accom. guarantee. If you are eligible, you will get a place*.

*Place is described as anu approved accommodation.

Last year the UAI was too low, and they had wayyy too many people applying. Hence too many people were eligible for the ANU accom. They filled up as many on campus accom as possible, then filled UL/fenner. Then they sent people to live in the Rex hotel (at the same cost as Fenner from memory). I don't think they sent people further than that, but Rex is an overflow of students. (its actually not a bad deal.... id personally choose rex over ul any day). (you can probably see the debacle of this whole thing on older posts)

Tbh - they have just built a new accommodation building on the back of ursula hall. and the UAI is now >80. I don't think we will have any issues of accommodation like we have in the past.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A

what do i write for estimated arrival date?
ummm the move in date is around 7 days before uni starts. check the term dates on the anu website.... from memory johns 1st years move in on the saturday... could be the sunday... Just see if you can write "normal date" "the day were are expected to arrive" etc etc....

PaulCoddington

HSC
N/A
As a former resident of Ursula Hall, I can speak with considerable authority that this institution has a dark record of horrific abuse against students for not being Roman Catholic / Australian.

At this time, the principal of Ursula Hall refuses to discuss these abuses and refuses to speak to victims. A recent attempt to bring this subject to light saw him hiding in his office and refusing to come out.

The Vice-Chancellor is well aware of the incidents concerned, and has ordered his staff not to process any complaints received from students concerning such matters. The senior legal counsel of the ANU has boasted that "this matter will never be investigated, ever!" and "we have left you alone and stranded in a foreign country, noone cares what happens to you -- the University is most pleased with this outcome."

Budget concerns are cited as the on-record reason for not allowing students to complain regarding discrimination and workplace bullying. There is evidence that officers in the Australian Federal Police and government officials (who receive many such complaints and refuse to process them) are cooperating with the ANU to keep this matter from being pursued.

The senior legal counsel of the ANU boasts that "the Commonwealth Ombudsman does what we tell him to do" (he is an employee of the ANU). Corruption is inherent at all levels of the system.

The nature of the abuses committed is both extraordinary and life-threatening. Victims have been threatened with harm if they do not remain silent. Criminal acts have been committed against victims, including stalking, threat, terror attacks, false complaints to the Police (conspiracy to pervert the course of justice), and campaigns of defamation. Academic records have been
falsified to cover up the real reasons for expulsion.

I will reveal further details of this complaint in a future posting on my website:
thoughts of a late night axolotl.

In the meantime, I advise students, especially overseas students, to avoid the Halls of Residence system at the ANU altogether, as all of them have cooperated in keeping this matter hidden.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
how long ago was this paul? you did you phd in 1989, things have changed in 20 years.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
As a former resident of Ursula Hall, I can speak with considerable authority that this institution has a dark record of horrific abuse against students for not being Roman Catholic / Australian.

At this time, the principal of Ursula Hall refuses to discuss these abuses and refuses to speak to victims. A recent attempt to bring this subject to light saw him hiding in his office and refusing to come out.

The Vice-Chancellor is well aware of the incidents concerned, and has ordered his staff not to process any complaints received from students concerning such matters. The senior legal counsel of the ANU has boasted that "this matter will never be investigated, ever!" and "we have left you alone and stranded in a foreign country, noone cares what happens to you -- the University is most pleased with this outcome."

Budget concerns are cited as the on-record reason for not allowing students to complain regarding discrimination and workplace bullying. There is evidence that officers in the Australian Federal Police and government officials (who receive many such complaints and refuse to process them) are cooperating with the ANU to keep this matter from being pursued.

The senior legal counsel of the ANU boasts that "the Commonwealth Ombudsman does what we tell him to do" (he is an employee of the ANU). Corruption is inherent at all levels of the system.

The nature of the abuses committed is both extraordinary and life-threatening. Victims have been threatened with harm if they do not remain silent. Criminal acts have been committed against victims, including stalking, threat, terror attacks, false complaints to the Police (conspiracy to pervert the course of justice), and campaigns of defamation. Academic records have been

I will reveal further details of this complaint in a future posting on my website:

In the meantime, I advise students, especially overseas students, to avoid the Halls of Residence system at the ANU altogether, as all of them have cooperated in keeping this matter hidden.
Go spew you propaganda somewhere else, moron.

paulpang22288

HSC

Dude.. is this serious?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)