On Campus Accommodation (1 Viewer)

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
This is a message to people who are outside the local areas where CSU is located.

A lot of you will be applying for on-campus accommodation. This is fine, and good luck.

The fact is a lot of people who apply for on-campus accommodation will not get a room because more people apply for on-campus accommodation than there are rooms. Your name is literally randomly picked. Anyone who applies for on-campus accommodation before the cutoff date has an equal chance.

All I am saying is that you really should be ready with a backup plan when it comes to accommodation. Be ready with at least $400 to pay for a share in the bond and a few weeks rent in a shared house.

If you don't get a room you really shouldn't waste time in looking for off-campus accommodation. Bathurst and Wagga Wagga are especially hard to find rental accommodation at the start of a university semester. These cities are UNIVERSITY cities and there will be almost nothing left in the real estates at the start of the university semester.

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
I have family in Bathurst, Orange and other town around there but i don't want to have to stay with them. What happens with shared housing will the Uni help you find and sort that out?

tabbi_neubeck

minus the neubeck part
HSC
My advice is to check out student services.
Here is a link for Off Campus Accomodation listings.
http://www.csu.edu.au/division/studserv/stay/offcampus.htm
You may also want to go over to the student services building itself, as there is also a list on the wall in there, and maybe one of the staff members would provide you some help.

Or you might even check out the forums on my.csu as there is an accomodation forum and there is a fair few people that are seeking housemate.

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
tabbi_neubeck said:
Or you might even check out the forums on my.csu as there is an accomodation forum and there is a fair few people that are seeking housemate.
Yep.

As soon as people get their login details, they should have a look at that forum.

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
Logain said:
When do you get your login details?
About a week or two after your acceptance of application is processed, you will be sent out all this stuff regarding being a student at CSU and also your other things such as your login.

You won't get your Student ID Card until the first day of O-Week.

bex

HSC
mattsta said:
This is a message to people who are outside the local areas where CSU is located.

A lot of you will be applying for on-campus accommodation. This is fine, and good luck.

The fact is a lot of people who apply for on-campus accommodation will not get a room because more people apply for on-campus accommodation than there are rooms. Your name is literally randomly picked. Anyone who applies for on-campus accommodation before the cutoff date has an equal chance.

All I am saying is that you really should be ready with a backup plan when it comes to accommodation. Be ready with at least $400 to pay for a share in the bond and a few weeks rent in a shared house.

If you don't get a room you really shouldn't waste time in looking for off-campus accommodation. Bathurst and Wagga Wagga are especially hard to find rental accommodation at the start of a university semester. These cities are UNIVERSITY cities and there will be almost nothing left in the real estates at the start of the university semester.
there is some truth in what matt is saying HOWEVER do not stress if you are not immediately selected for on campus accomodation.

1. You will be placed onto a waiting list and given some indication of your rank on the list so that you can make an educated decision on whether or not you want to hang out for a room. From my experience the list moves really fast as living in a college is not for everyone and a lot of 1st years tend to move out after o week (one girl in my dorm lasted 2 days!) Also, a lot of returning students (2nd, 3rd and 4th years) find homes downtown over holidays or decide not to return at all so their rooms will beocme available.

The uni will undoutably help you find a place to live. the trick is to pester them until you get moved up the list. Go back a few times a day to see what number you are. beg and plead with them. I know its not the most dignifying experience but it WORKS.

Last but not least, if you do have to live off campus. It wont be forever, you can stay on the waiting list all year if you like. Living off campus is not the end of the world. Its a completely different experience from campus life that is in itself unique. So dont stress either way about living arrangements.. there is something to suit everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)