on research of catchments (1 Viewer)

icespeed

"Gather, process and present information on the features of the local town water supply in terms of: (blah blah blah)"

Is this referring to the Hawkesbury Nepean catchment, Parramatta River area, or Warragamba Dam? (If I'm in Sydney and my school's in the Parramatta area.)

icespeed

i looked there.
it seems amazingly sparse in actual information. it says a lot about it taking water quality measurements and stuff, but not how it does it. maybe i'm looking in the wrong place?

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
From memory, there's a section for schools/education.

It goes through things like flocculation, coagulation?! (can't remember wat they were called). If you want scientific explanations, you can juz look in conquering chem. The site mainly gives u their process, and small explanations like static attraction to form chunks?

You'll get alot more info doing sydney water, than researching your local catchment.

mannnnndy

chocoholic
We did the Sydney catchment too, and the Sydney water site is good for describing the processes involved in pruifying the water to make it drinkable. Just follow the links from the main site and it will take you to the school section.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by icespeed
"Gather, process and present information on the features of the local town water supply in terms of: (blah blah blah)"

Is this referring to the Hawkesbury Nepean catchment, Parramatta River area, or Warragamba Dam? (If I'm in Sydney and my school's in the Parramatta area.)
The marker does not know and cannot legally try to find out where your school is, that's why we have student numbers :). Do the one that you can find the most info on.

My teacher is making us do this as an assessment...and I'm going to be in melbourne when i have to do it....so he is making me do a catchment in melbourne.....good thing my bf lives there he can help me out a bit with finding stuff

s2ophie

HSC
we did the creek that runs next to our school. we did all the tests ourself and it was soooooo exciting! (note the sarcasm)

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
when it talks about catchment area, it's the warragamba catchment area (it flows into warragamba dam)
the next bit talks about how it's purified.
that would be Sydney water, specifically Prospect Filtration Plant (i would assume)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
We went on an excursion to our town's water place and poo farm.... very exciting stuff!!!!

shadowRRL

HSC
I went to the Sydney Water site a couple of times but yet to find anything useful info can u guys tell me wat to do. HELP NEEDED URGENTLY!!!!!

s2ophie

HSC
Originally posted by EvilIsAnArtForm
lol sounds it!! =P
it was.

"and here are some more pipes with water in them. And this bucket contains the big waste that comes through the sewerage. We tend to get a lot of condoms on friday and saturday nights"

ugh!:(

shadowRRL

HSC
can someone give me the specific addresses of the pages that contain useful info. =(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)