on the news tonight (1 Viewer)

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
did anyone se ethe news tonight, im not sure which channel? maybe prime?

in a remote aboriginal community in australia, they are offering them a petrol station....(which the aboriginal people want)
IF
the adults promise to make sure their children shower, wash their faces and throw rubbish into the bin

what did u think of this?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
i saw it ... they have to wash their face like twice a day ... apparantely the government says its to increase the health reducing eye infections or something ... its completely stupid to tell people to have a shower once a day and to wash their face twice a day!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
but to improve hygiene levels there should be better facilities.

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
i live near department of housing....

there are plenty of facilities, and most of them detroyed (not just by indigenous peoples, but all socio economically disadvantaged ppl, white, black, yellow)

i agree, there should be health initiatives for indigenous australians, they have the poorest health in aus (along with other minority groups such as migrants)

i think telling ppl 2 wash their childrens faces twice a day is ridiculous, and to use that as an incentive is just wrong

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Cape said:
but to improve hygiene levels there should be better facilities.
Great fucking idea, let's build a hospital for a community of 150 people. It has nothing to do with the facilities that are present, community leaders stated that they have an excellent nurse, the problem is the irrepsonsiblity of Aboriginal parents.

I should add that this is hardly patronising, as the plan was actually PROPOSED BY THE COMMUNITY, NOT THE GOVERNMENT.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I didn't mean a hospital like in major cities ... but small simple things that would greatly improve their way of life.

K

katie_tully

that is gold.
ill post another when ive finished laughing.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Cape said:
I didn't mean a hospital like in major cities ... but small simple things that would greatly improve their way of life.
How about you post some suggestions boy fucking genius. Are you a racist? Do you hate aboriginals? By simple things do you mean what, basic tools etc? Do you feel that Aborigines are primitive savages? Do you think that you're better than Aborigines?

This plan is acceptable, and while it seems somewhat patronising, I said before that the community proposed the idea. It's a means to an end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)