On the topic of University Transfers... (1 Viewer)

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
sarah1688, i think thats what azn gangta meant, it would be pretty hard for you to gain a near HD avg to transfer, chances are very slim. your better off doing post grad.

JhK89

HSC
hey guys my course uai cut off is about 20 uai above wat i got if i go to a uni wat are the chances of me transfering..? to the course 20 uai above..?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
work your ass off...at least mid-high d average, hope that the nrsl is lower than the uai, or if that doesnt work then transfer post grad

hellomike

HSC
pawpsy said:
Hmm so if was to work really hard next year at UWS (assuming i get into UWS viscom) and get a D average id be able to transfer to UTs with no problems?

Cheers for the reply :)
Let's just say I know the inside story with this - if you enjoy what you are doing than you want have any problems. Just don't make it feel like it's some job you have to go to. The better you do the better it is for you. If you get a D than it's more than enough. But getting high marks doesn't absolutely gurantee you a place as there is a large emphasis on the statement if you go for UTS after.

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
Hi everyone, i was wondering if the transfer system for University of Melbourne and Monash is the same as the UAC model?

thanks.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
sarah1688 said:
hey.. ive just received a uai of only 75.05 and planning to study b arts and sciences at usyd, then transfer to b commerce ( which is 93.40 uai) after.
would i have a good chance of doing this?
Thatr might be a little difficult have you thought of trying for Commerce at another uni with a lower cutoff?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
JhK89 said:
hey guys my course uai cut off is about 20 uai above wat i got if i go to a uni wat are the chances of me transfering..? to the course 20 uai above..?
What's the nrsl cutoff, and what was your uai? if you got a uai of like, 60 and wanted to transfer into one that has a nrsl cutoff of about 80, it's possible if you get (as azngangster said) a high d average. if the course is something high like law ( say nrsl=95), and you got a uai of about 75, then your chances aren't really that great. Even with a high gpa which converts to a score of about 95 or so, you still wouldn't be able to get in ((75+95)/2=85). In other words, if you're aiming for something high it's not really possible).

University1

HSC
Hey Frigid cheers for the info mate, did me really good.... Just a couple of questions for you lot, firstly lets say you do get accepted for transfer to another uni, and lets say for example you have completed one year of studies would you then start off at year two in the other uni? Also lets say you have a GPA of 5.5 however you don't have a UAI like myself, but rather you have an international qualification, how do they then calculate your marks?

Thanks

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
UAI = 46.25 = absolutely zero chance of getting into comm/compsci @ unsw ????

Most uni students I know tell me that unis care a lot more about your transcript/marks than UAI. This thread indicates otherwise :S

Last edited:
HSC
I have a question. I'm currently doing b enigneering at uws and i want to transfer to either uts or unsw. I know they do this 1/2 UAI and 1/2 GPA thing so i was wondering if i drop a unit (i.e fundamentals of electronics) which i know that uts wont recongnise in civil engineering (uws has a common 1st yr for engineering) and either pick up another unit or just not do anything leaving me with 7/8 subjects done at the end of the 1st year. Will this effect my gpa? or entry to get into the course whatso ever? does it make much difference or not?

Thanks

umop 3pisdn

Banned
HSC
Preditor.89.N7G said:
I have a question. I'm currently doing b enigneering at uws and i want to transfer to either uts or unsw. I know they do this 1/2 UAI and 1/2 GPA thing so i was wondering if i drop a unit (i.e fundamentals of electronics) which i know that uts wont recongnise in civil engineering (uws has a common 1st yr for engineering) and either pick up another unit or just not do anything leaving me with 7/8 subjects done at the end of the 1st year. Will this effect my gpa? or entry to get into the course whatso ever? does it make much difference or not?

Thanks
Look at page 4 of the attached PDF on the first page

If you only complete 7 subjects you'll be in the 0.5-0.99 FTE studied instead of 1.0 (ie. less than 1 full year of uni) so your GPA will be worth slightly less in calculating your Selection Rank.

The difference is very small.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
UAI = 46.25 = absolutely zero chance of getting into comm/compsci @ unsw ????
Correct, unless like...the UAI comes down about 20 points. You could always do the HSC again?

wingman88

HSC
Hey... ive posted something in another thing but ill put it here...
ive calculated my nrsl and its given me 5.06 which gives me 89 and my uai is 86.95... now im wanting to get into a course that last year posted 90.15 do u think would i have got in last year if i applied

Furthermore, according to previous years, i predict this to go down... now im in second year and im sure this year will count towards my marks. and im aiming for a distinction average, which would lift my gpa to 5.5 which would give me 93 which would secure me a place right or do i just need credit average as well?? because the marks are weighted differently for 1st and 2nd year. Thanks, im attempting this year and lets sees wat happens. Hopefully i can change!!!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
86.95+89 / 2= 87.975.
with your nrsl index, i doubt you wouldve got an offer, unless they had vacanies to fill...what course is this if you dont mind me asking?

if you say that youll get a gpa of 5.5, which equates to 93, that would give your nrsl index as 93+86.95 /2 = 89.975, which would give you a much better chance at securing youre transfer
i would think if the UAI cutoff stays where it is or even better, falling, then i would say you pretty much earned your place into that course

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I dunno, those nrsl cutoffs can be pretty well below the uai cutoff. He may have a chance. As you said though, it depends on the course.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah that really depends on the course...some nrsl cutoffs are higher than the UAI cut off itself

wingman88

HSC
wahh... it better not be higher... the course is aeronautical engineering but yeah tell me if it is anyways

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
ah yeah aeronautical engineering has slowly been declining since i remember one of my mates wanted to do it back in 2004 (grad 2003) and got 92 for UAI but just missed out by like .05, so i gues it never hurts to try, but yeah a gpa of 5.5 should be enough for grant you a spot in aeronautical

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)