old

Updated
Hey everyone an update!

Subject / Task 1 % / T2 % / t3% /Rank

ADV eng /100/ 70 / - /top 10 maybe top 5
X1 Eng / 65 /- / - 3rd/4
X2 /60% / - / -/ 1st/3
Econ /84.6/76.7/78 3rd/19
SDD /80/73/84/ 2nd/9 - will update soon! MAJ work handed in!!
Maths ADV / 72/81/73 top 10/24

HSC Accelerated So already completed

Course/ HSC mark
SOR II/ 81
Metal + Eng / 77

still on track for 90?

Hey just seeing if I'm on track for a 85-90 ATAR

Subject / Task 1 % / T2 % / Rank

ADV eng /100/ - / 1st
X1 Eng / No tasks done
X2 /60% / - / 1st
Econ /84.6/76.7/2nd
SDD /80/73/3rd
Maths ADV / 72/-/ Unknown at average

Most 2nd tasks are coming up.

Course/ HSC mark
SOR II/ 81
Metal + Eng / 77

Last edited:

President KK

HSC
Your ranks are pretty good so far. You could try to focus a bit more on SDD and English Extension 2 so you can easily secure an ATAR above 90.
Thankyou!
Currently working on our Maj work for both. Think the both are going decent.
Just wondering do you have a ball park idea what the cut off for internal marks for Econ is a B6? and upper E3/E4 for X2?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Thankyou!
Currently working on our Maj work for both. Think the both are going decent.
Just wondering do you have a ball park idea what the cut off for internal marks for Econ is a B6? and upper E3/E4 for X2?
Good luck with those!

I'm pretty sure you'd need to get mid/high raw band 5's for a band 6 in Economics. No idea about English Extension 1 or 2 though, sorry.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
but say if i get like 50% in a test, while everyone else does even worse, is that good for your rank or nah
You still rank 1st. This is where moderation comes into play.

The highest assessment mark is adjusted to equal the highest exam mark of any student in the school group.

President KK

HSC
Hey everyone an update!

ADV eng / 100/ 70 / - / top 10 maybe top 5
X1 Eng / 65 /- / - 3rd/4
X2 /60% / - / -/ 1st/3
Econ /84.6/76.7/78 3rd/14
SDD /80/73/ 2nd/9 - will update soon! MAJ work handed in!!
Maths ADV / 72/81/73 top 10/24 (around 8th iirc)

Course/ HSC mark
SOR II/ 81
Metal + Eng / 77

still on track for 90?

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey everyone an update!

ADV eng / 100/ 70 / - / top 10 maybe top 5
X1 Eng / 65 /- / - 3rd/4
X2 /60% / - / -/ 1st/3
Econ /84.6/76.7/78 3rd/19
SDD /80/73/ 2nd/9 - will update soon! MAJ work handed in!!
Maths ADV / 72/81/73 top 10/24 (around 8th iirc)

Course/ HSC mark
SOR II/ 81
Metal + Eng / 77

still on track for 90?
Your current ranks look promising, do you know how many people are in your cohort for English Advanced?

Your ranks for English Extension 2, Economics and Software Design and Development all look pretty good. You must do your best to maintain them, particularly since your trial exams are approaching.

Improving your Mathematics Advanced rank will give you a better chance of receiving a 90 ATAR and your trial exam is a great opportunity for you to do so. If you can perform well in your 2U trial exam, you might be able to move up to about 5/24 which puts you in a much better position as the HSC exams begin.

President KK

HSC
Your current ranks look promising, do you know how many people are in your cohort for English Advanced?

Your ranks for English Extension 2, Economics and Software Design and Development all look pretty good. You must do your best to maintain them, particularly since your trial exams are approaching.

Improving your Mathematics Advanced rank will give you a better chance of receiving a 90 ATAR and your trial exam is a great opportunity for you to do so. If you can perform well in your 2U trial exam, you might be able to move up to about 5/24 which puts you in a much better position as the HSC exams begin.
Thankyou for the reply
Just checked report there are 39 in Adv english

I'll definitely try i think i can eek out 1st in econ (1st overall is on iirc 81 im on 79)
The only concern with maths i guess is that the gap between that rank is quite high we have a good top end with mid to high 90s those doing X2 etc however that is my main thing im working on this break! best i can do is try

Thanks for the reply!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Thankyou for the reply
Just checked report there are 39 in Adv english

I'll definitely try i think i can eek out 1st in econ (1st overall is on iirc 81 im on 79)
The only concern with maths i guess is that the gap between that rank is quite high we have a good top end with mid to high 90s those doing X2 etc however that is my main thing im working on this break! best i can do is try

Thanks for the reply!
No worries!

Then I'd say you're currently in a good position for English Advanced. Of course, improvement is always welcome and moving up to around 5/39 (assuming you're ranked 10th) will only help you get closer to your 90 ATAR goal.

First rank in Economics would also put you in a much more favourable position in terms of your final rank. The difference between you and the student currently ranked first isn't huge. You can definitely make a difference if you perform well in your trial exam so definitely give it a try. 👍

Definitely try your best for maths as well. It definitely won't be easy to improve your rank considering the number of higher-ranked people getting much higher marks, but you should use this as a motive and do your best! :D

President KK

HSC
No worries!

Then I'd say you're currently in a good position for English Advanced. Of course, improvement is always welcome and moving up to around 5/39 (assuming you're ranked 10th) will only help you get closer to your 90 ATAR goal.

First rank in Economics would also put you in a much more favourable position in terms of your final rank. The difference between you and the student currently ranked first isn't huge. You can definitely make a difference if you perform well in your trial exam so definitely give it a try. 👍

Definitely try your best for maths as well. It definitely won't be easy to improve your rank considering the number of higher-ranked people getting much higher marks, but you should use this as a motive and do your best! :D
There is another!
update

President KK

HSC
ADV eng /100/ 70 / - /top 10 maybe top 5(exact unknown
X1 Eng / 65 /65/ - 2/4
X2 /66% / 60 / -/ 1/3
Econ /84.6/76.7/78 3/19
SDD /80/73/84/ 2nd/9 -

Course/ HSC mark
SOR II/ 81
Metal + Eng / 77

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
ADV eng /100/ 70 / - /top 10 maybe top 5(exact unknown
X1 Eng / 65 /65/ - 2/4
X2 /66% / 60 / -/ 1/3
Econ /84.6/76.7/78 3/19
SDD /80/73/84/ 2nd/9 -

Course/ HSC mark
SOR II/ 81
Metal + Eng / 77
It seems like your English Advanced rank is favourable (I remember you mentioning there are 39 people in your English Advanced cohort). Of course, it would be better to be ranked 5/39, not that 10/39 will prevent you from staying on track with your ATAR goal, but it is always good to try to rank as high as possible, which is why 5/39 would definitely be a good rank and would be consistent with your ATAR goal.

I also remember you doing Mathematics Advanced. Did you drop this subject?

You should try to achieve better marks in English Extension 1, which will allow you to be ranked 1st, which in turn maximises your chances of reaching your desired ATAR.

Your ranks for English Extension 2, Economics and Software Design and Development are all pretty good and consistent with your ATAR goal. You must try your best to maintain them and (if possible) improve in Economics and/or Software Design and Development. The better your final rank, the better the assessment mark you can get, which will definitely make a positive contribution to your final mark for each subject and get you closer to your ATAR goal.

I hope this helps! :D

President KK

HSC
It seems like your English Advanced rank is favourable (I remember you mentioning there are 39 people in your English Advanced cohort). Of course, it would be better to be ranked 5/39, not that 10/39 will prevent you from staying on track with your ATAR goal, but it is always good to try to rank as high as possible, which is why 5/39 would definitely be a good rank and would be consistent with your ATAR goal.

I also remember you doing Mathematics Advanced. Did you drop this subject?

You should try to achieve better marks in English Extension 1, which will allow you to be ranked 1st, which in turn maximises your chances of reaching your desired ATAR.

Your ranks for English Extension 2, Economics and Software Design and Development are all pretty good and consistent with your ATAR goal. You must try your best to maintain them and (if possible) improve in Economics and/or Software Design and Development. The better your final rank, the better the assessment mark you can get, which will definitely make a positive contribution to your final mark for each subject and get you closer to your ATAR goal.

I hope this helps! :D
Whoops! Accidently forgot to copy maths advanced!

Maths ADV / 72/81/73 7th or 8th /24

Thankyou very much for your help throughout this! We may be getting our next adv. eng task back this week!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Whoops! Accidently forgot to copy maths advanced!

Maths ADV / 72/81/73 7th or 8th /24

Thankyou very much for your help throughout this! We may be getting our next adv. eng task back this week!
No worries, I'm happy to help!

That's good to know, your mark for English Advanced will help give a clearer picture of your rank.

Your rank looks good for Mathematics Advanced - it seems that you have reached the top range of your cohort, which will definitely help you keep on track with your ATAR goal. Back when I did my HSC, my final rank for 2U was 36/146 and I ended up with an 83 as my assessment mark. Of course, as with all subjects, trying to improve your rank will be beneficial in allowing you to get a better assessment mark. I believe 5/24 would be a good rank to aim for in Mathematics Advanced.

President KK

HSC
No worries, I'm happy to help!

That's good to know, your mark for English Advanced will help give a clearer picture of your rank.

Your rank looks good for Mathematics Advanced - it seems that you have reached the top range of your cohort, which will definitely help you keep on track with your ATAR goal. Back when I did my HSC, my final rank for 2U was 36/146 and I ended up with an 83 as my assessment mark. Of course, as with all subjects, trying to improve your rank will be beneficial in allowing you to get a better assessment mark. I believe 5/24 would be a good rank to aim for in Mathematics Advanced.
Thankyou very much!
The trial probably will go ahead for us so hopefully will go well !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)