Online Enrolment (1 Viewer)

porlock

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The subject enrolment part of My Student Admin completely baffles me. I'm not sure what it is I need to do or what choices I have. Can someone less stupid explain the thing to me?

porlock

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Um thanks. I'm pretty sure I've got it all sorted out now except something with the timetabling is confusing me a bit.

I've got all my lectures/tutorials going fine except the lecture for Text and Context.

Three of the activities are labeled "You may only browse the following:", two of them say "Auto Allocated" and are automatically in my timetable, but Text and Context just says "This activity group is set to READ ONLY." I have no idea what this means or whether I can expect it to change some time.

Vexrz

HSC
another question to top this off, ive enrolled into all of my subjects and made my timetable, however.... what I dont understand is the dates located at the bottom of each allocated lecture/tut etc on the timetable. i.e. I have allocated a lecture for mondays, and at the bottom of where the box is (the one showing the lecture in the timetable) there are a few dates... Does that mean this lecture is only on those dates or what? SORRY IF IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE ):

purplemonkey

HSC
another question to top this off, ive enrolled into all of my subjects and made my timetable, however.... what I dont understand is the dates located at the bottom of each allocated lecture/tut etc on the timetable. i.e. I have allocated a lecture for mondays, and at the bottom of where the box is (the one showing the lecture in the timetable) there are a few dates... Does that mean this lecture is only on those dates or what? SORRY IF IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE ):
Yep, those numbers are just the dates that that class will be running. So, if it said somehting like:

AUT_KG_1_S
Lec 1, 01
TBA
21/2, 4/4

That means the class will run on the 21st of Feb and the 4th of April :)

purplemonkey

HSC
Um thanks. I'm pretty sure I've got it all sorted out now except something with the timetabling is confusing me a bit.

I've got all my lectures/tutorials going fine except the lecture for Text and Context.

Three of the activities are labeled "You may only browse the following:", two of them say "Auto Allocated" and are automatically in my timetable, but Text and Context just says "This activity group is set to READ ONLY." I have no idea what this means or whether I can expect it to change some time.
It proabably means they are sorting out staff or something, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it hasn't opened up 2-3 weeks before semester starts, email the course coordinator and ask what the deal is. Just check back often to see if it's open so you can get the class time you want.

Vexrz

HSC
o, so I actually wont be doing all those lectures etc on the timetable every week? jst on some :D :D

porlock

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I'm doing Writing and Cultural Studies, and um I got an email from UTS about Text and Context working now so that's fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)