online storage (1 Viewer)

crammy90

HSC
how do we know what its refering to online (web) or online (electronic) :S

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
Online storage refers to storage that can be accessed without the intervention of humans, i.e. Hard Disks.

Offline storage refers to storage that has to be accessed WITH human intervention, i.e. Backup tapes kept in a safe.

noturningback

HSC
If you mean web based storage as in storage on a file host for members of eg. a project team to use to collaborate and share files, I believe they will refer to it as web-based storage and not online storage.

Witchking

LOTR Freak
HSC
online storage refers to a storage device that is always under a user's direct control, the only online storage device stated in the ipt syllabus under communications is a hard disk.

offline storage refers to a storage device that is not always under a user's direct control. It is eithersomething that is located somwhere else then a users computer or a peripheral device such as a cd dvd, usb, cartridge that must be plugged into the pc to be used

i no there are some incosistencies with this, but if u follow the definititons u will more then likely get the total marks since hsc markers give marks away for anything that can be comprehended on teh exam paper

mijoe

HSC
Oi SA/Witchking Get off BOS. Pillay told us this site is stupid remember? And only dumb people go on this site. What an evil judgemental teacher.

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
people get over 90s in their UAI, plus lots of people are uni students, some are even teachers. How are these people dumb?

cwongquer

HSC
Because we're in the same class/ taught by the same teacher.
To Joe: Pillay said don't use the notes off this site, in other words, make your own notes to learn. Because if you just download notes, you don't learn..

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
that had nothing to do with my questions.

Also, writing half a syllabus of notes is worse than downloading a full set of notes and revising them. Downloading them works, if you can read, understand and then change them so you get it properly.

ondroo

*Sigh*
HSC
noturningback said:
If you mean web based storage as in storage on a file host for members of eg. a project team to use to collaborate and share files, I believe they will refer to it as web-based storage and not online storage.
Hope so. CSSA trial said "On-line storage is being increasingly used for personal file storage, software file hosting and a variety of other applications. Analyse the issues related to on-line storage, including ownership, accuracy, security and privacy." which refers to web based storage :mad: argh so frustrating all the inconsistencies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)