Only 59 atar, any hope? (1 Viewer)

ihatehsc

HSC
N/A
So guys found out my atar was only 59.00, i was expecting atleast in the 60's. I had a lot of issues during the year but im not using those as an excuse cause i know its my mistake and no one else is to blame. Im planning on doing engineering (civil) and at WSU, the cut off is 70 for civil and 65 for engineering science, which are my top 2 options. Ill get 5 bonus points from WSU for regional, but my question is is the cut off including the 5 bonus? And if i take bonus into account, ill still only be on 64.00, missing out on the engineering science by 1 and civil by 6. Is WSU lenient? And i am i likely to get an offer? I put civil as my first option for WSU early offer incase there's any chance. Is there any hope guys? Im depressed af. Thanks guys.

MathsN00b

HSC
Well I got 52 as an ATAR so I think you should be happy.
But since you are only 1 point away from the cut-off for engineering science, I think you can have a good chance of getting an offer depending on how many spaces are left for the course. See if you can get an offer for the late/february round, because my sister got an ATAR that was two and a bit points below the cut-off but yet she got an offer in the late rounds.

Although I'm waiting on others' opinions because I'm not entirely sure.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I think you also get another 5 points for choosing WSU, so that's 10 points altogether... I think it's better to check this with WSU as I'm not entirely sure.

belladonna99

HSC
N/A
Im assuming that there were no band 5's in your results, but if I'm wrong then you can get additional bonus points for certain subjects. Even if you are still one point short I think there is quite a good chance of getting an offer in later rounds. You could also investigate if there is a course you can get on to now that shares some subjects with your desired course and then apply for internal transfer after a semester.
You mention some issues that you had. Have you looked into the EAS scheme to see if the issues you had could be covered. I think applications are still open but you'd have to check.
If all that doesnt work then look at:-
http://www.westernsydney.edu.au/future/future_students_home/pathways-to-uws
It lists 6 ways to get into your course, some of them take a while, but you still get to where you want to be.
You can call Team U 1300 897 669 which is WSU help line to discuss all of the above and get things clearer.
You are gonna make it.

Last edited:

ayad8

HSC
Did you include any WSU course preferences through UAC by 4th Decemeber ?

Kolmias

HSC
Enroll in engineering science and work hard to transfer to civil engineering in 1st year internally.

ihatehsc

HSC
N/A
I thought it was just 5 for regional? Havent heard about the other one

ihatehsc

HSC
N/A
No, i got a b4 in physics and was 1 mark off b4's for 3 subjects fml lol

ihatehsc

HSC
N/A
I think early offer's not until jan 2nd tho, need it top pref by jan 2 and offers come out on 5th

ihatehsc

HSC
N/A
Thanks mate, i hope the cut offs go down lol, i think i can hopefully make the later rounds for engineering science but im not confident for civil. But I hear plenty of people getting into 70 atar courses with worse atars than mine at wsu lol

ihatehsc

HSC
N/A
Thanks mate. Thats my aim if i dont directly get into civil but transfer to uts civil!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)