only a term and a bit left... (1 Viewer)

bbychocoholic

HSC
is it too late to pass Adv.English now? atm, I'm performing miserably in Adv.Eng (by that I mean FAILING) and I'm completely depressed about this. Seeing as there's only 1 assessment left and the trials to go - is it too late for me to get into the 70s in my internal ranks?

My teacher doesn't really offer all that much helpful advice... she tells me the same thing again and again - without telling me HOW to improve it + (this may be a lil harsh) but she's not the best of teachers, at least for me. cos when i was in year 10, and i had the other Adv.Eng teacher I did really really well - top 10. ever since year 11 however and having my current teacher, I've just plummeted into bottom 5.

the comments i keep getting from my teacher are
"you need to show detailed knowledge of the text"
"NOTE IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOUR ESSAY REFLECTS YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THE ENTIRE TEXT WITH CORRECT DETAILS – NOT JUST A GENERAL RETELLING OF THE PLOT."
and generalising seems to be a big one for me too...

how can i work on these?

Kralex

HSC
Failing by how much?

If you were say, failing at 49/100, theres probably a chance.

martinc

HSC
Get a private tutor or a past HSC student(that got a high band5/band6) to guide you through what you're doing wrong.

It sounds as if you don't know how to write an essay moreso than not being good at english. You have to express your ideas in your essay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)