only yr10 or yr9 also? (1 Viewer)

Xianyunyehe

HSC
hey,frenz,
im a yr10 student going to have SC this NOV. but until now i still dont know
whether SC will include yr9 stuff or not. It seems that science will include yr9, how about history and geography? Can anybody tell me? :confused:
thanks a lot.

Xianyunyehe

HSC
thank u for telling me that...
but if u have done it,can u tell me is it hard or is it that important as the teachers say to yr11 and 12?
i didn't learn yr9 stuff, u know...so if it really need them i have to start now..:bomb::bomb:

passion89

HSC
It's not important compared to HSC and even if you don't do as well as you would have hoped yes you can still do year 11 and 12.
There is a little bit of year 9 in the SC and from what i can remember from 2004 when I did it, there was quite a bit on hat energy/oil/fossil fuels topic from science. The SC is just a skills test - remember that and don't stress!
It isn't hard at all if you kinda know your stuff so even if you're a bit lost, chances are, you will do fine.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
passion89 said:
The SC is just a skills test - remember that and don't stress!
Exactly, I think this point needs to be stressed to all SC students although the SC will be your first external exam besides the basic skills it is just the first step in a long line of stepping stones towards the HSC and doesn't carry nearly as much weight as the HSC.

Teachers maybe stressing the importance of study in year 10 as it is something hard to learn and if you start early it is hoped that you will learn techniques that work for you and can continue it through the preliminary and HSC year.

As for year 9 and year 10 being questioned in the SC from what I remember it really is just basic knowledge and skills you learn throughout the course things that you can pick up for paying attention in class and asking questions, but that was in 2004. Good Luck with the SC and try not to over stress!

James747

HSC
I know, for this year's SC, that the history part will only be about stuff you learnt this year. All the stuff from last yr will not be included. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)