onstage 06 (1 Viewer)

leeha

HSC
I went on the monday arvo one
program A..
sooo didnt like the go vegan one - i duno it was so..lets chuck random absurdist crap in here to get marks...haha they prob didnt think like that but it kinda came off like that to me.

I thought suits was excellent..such a basic idea/word and he managed to get an individual performance out of it which had a good story

the penguin was a crowd fave..i liked it but it was mainly just for the humour

la bete was the crazy clown dude that ryhmed..people in my class liked it because it was questioning why we value a performance kinda thing..someone explained it to me like that but mehh i have no idea...

haha the humpty one was funny with all the guys..

the crazy lil french gibberish dude was deffo a fave, he conveyed a clear story with no comprehendable words haha soo good.

n the newtown one..wheres johnny..i duno..i thought it was quite like last years new town one at the end...same kinda era, characters, who shot who kinda thing....rrreeeeally didnt like it

:D

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
oh our teacher showed us today the thing the suit guy got his inspiration from, it was a leunig book. how cool is that.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
SuNrIsE_oVa_sEa said:
OMG i am goin to cry!!! i watched program B and sumone did wat i was going to do i am soooo upset-i was like crying in the theatre lol...
anyway i actually really didnt like the mechanics one i hate girls playing guys parts and i didnt think it was funny. State of Play was heaps good, Re-search was very confronting and the prickly pair was the best one ,she was so funny.
oh no, how awful for you :( what were you doing? and are you still going to? man, what a bummer. hope it works out for you...

Maddie678

HSC
SuNrIsE_oVa_sEa said:
OMG i am goin to cry!!! i watched program B and sumone did wat i was going to do i am soooo upset-i was like crying in the theatre lol...
anyway i actually really didnt like the mechanics one i hate girls playing guys parts and i didnt think it was funny. State of Play was heaps good, Re-search was very confronting and the prickly pair was the best one ,she was so funny.
last night i went and saw program b as well but i thought the mechanics were AWESOME!! maybe you have bad taste in drama because it was definately one of the best pieces of the night...and so were the penguins!! they were so funny! but the girls playing mechanics weren't typical guys so it worked really well and the blocking was hilarious. maybe you're a little jealous or something-i don't know. good luck getting into onstage cos i don't like your chances :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
um, could someone who saw program b please tell me what the "rose ritz" performance was about? perhaps i'm just being paranoid but it would put my mind at ease to know, thanks.

thatjazz

HSC
I saw Program A.

The clear standouts were "Angels in America" which was just so touching (and I commend the performer's ability to sustain her emotion when the audience is laughing at that which isn't supposed to be funny); and "C'est La Vie", which was just beautiful.

Others made me think 'wow, they're really scraping the barrel...'.

On a side note, I think the behaviour of the vast majority of the audience at Onstage was apalling - why don't teacher's discipline their kids?

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
leeha said:
I went on the monday arvo one
program A..
sooo didnt like the go vegan one - i duno it was so..lets chuck random absurdist crap in here to get marks...haha they prob didnt think like that but it kinda came off like that to me.
the newtown one..wheres johnny..i duno..i thought it was quite like last years new town one at the end...same kinda era, characters, who shot who kinda thing....rrreeeeally didnt like it

:D

i agree on both sitting were i was al the way up da back i couldn't understand what they were saying and with the newtown onw i dont know how and why they got their reallly???? it made no sense
Just a question on the prgram it said that there was meant to be 4 people in the group but only 3 performed ???

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
blueyez said:
you tool, i told you who i was before. you could have asked me at school.

ll.

i ain't no tool you anti santa lemon human !!!!!!!!!!!!!! wat about timmi hey what about timmmmi

Lil Miss Dee

HSC
on stage was brilliant.. as we all kno hey blu eyez n fashionista :uhhuh:
so good its now caused our beloved sarah 2 bury her head deep into some drama book every break n lunch :read: ;)
we r gettin onto on stage this year i dont care what u guys say or think. its happenin.

loved the crazy bike chick, the frech jibberish lover, the sophisticated suit man n the humpty dumpty rhymin boys... i love knox boys.....:rolleyes:... anyway back 2 the point they were great. great performances. great ip's. great everythin

now that i hav done my damage im off :spam:
:cool: dee

Last edited:
HSC
Maddie678 said:
last night i went and saw program b as well but i thought the mechanics were AWESOME!! maybe you have bad taste in drama because it was definately one of the best pieces of the night...and so were the penguins!! they were so funny! but the girls playing mechanics weren't typical guys so it worked really well and the blocking was hilarious. maybe you're a little jealous or something-i don't know. good luck getting into onstage cos i don't like your chances :)
Ive been doing drama since i was 5 so i think i do know wat is good and wat isnt-they were so crap especially in the voice section they didnt articulate their words-not good for theatre. And y why would i b jealous i havent even done my hsc yet...ur probably 1 of the girls who were in that play thats y ur sayin it...cause it was seriously pretty bad -but thats just my opinion-every one can have an opinion its pretty stupid of u to say i have bad taste in drama cause u dnt know me

B

Berrybutton

People who forgot to but tickets you can just rock up on the night and get in. The tickets are sold out because of all the school groups but heaps of people don't turn up so theyres usually tickets. My friend wasn't able to make it with the rest of our drama class so she rocked up on the night and got in.

I saw program A, I think Veedel was the best (thats the french clown) just a bit of trivia, Veedal spoke jiberish, fench, spanish, german and a bit of italian but i could be wrong our drama class put our knowledge of languages 2getha.

I think the vegan one had a reasonably good conceot but their voice projection was terible all they did was scream! I didnt understand the jester one with the weird hand guy as a prop and the rhyming kind of got on my nerves, but thats just me.

samfoxx

HSC
i justed wanted to say thanks to all the people that came and saw programme B. i was one of the penguins and we really did appriciate the support of everyone that showed up. it was tops. i personally really liked the mechanics one and state of play. and the rose ritz one also, it made me smile.

thanks again *thumbs up*

sam foxx

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i have to agree about the vegan one. it was very good, but i had to keep asking people next to me "what did she say?" etc because their projection was a bit too forceful and it was hard to make out everything clearly. despite that it was still really well done. i loved the sound effects they made like the squeaky noise with the trolley and stuff.
like i said before the angels in america monologue was really brilliant. it was just so well acted i actually forgot it was a performance for a moment or two. wonderful. i didnt get the "la bete" performance with the rhyming jester guy though. it was good, and everything, but i thought he was a little bit cryptic i guess, like i didnt quite understand what he meant by it.
seeing this has both inspired and scared me - anyone else feel like that? i had about 3 mins of my performance written and rehearsed and everything when i went to see it, and afterwards it was a mixture of "I'm SO getting in now!" and "Oh shit, my performance sucks!" like i was so excited but so insecure as well. :eek:

oh, and can someone please tell me what the rose ritz performance in program b was about. I'm becoming quietly paranoid about it because i'm starting to worry that my character was done at onstage (please no!). kthnx.

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i have to agree about the vegan one. it was very good, but i had to keep asking people next to me "what did she say?" etc because their projection was a bit too forceful and it was hard to make out everything clearly. despite that it was still really well done. i loved the sound effects they made like the squeaky noise with the trolley and stuff.
like i said before the angels in america monologue was really brilliant. it was just so well acted i actually forgot it was a performance for a moment or two. wonderful. i didnt get the "la bete" performance with the rhyming jester guy though. it was good, and everything, but i thought he was a little bit cryptic i guess, like i didnt quite understand what he meant by it.
seeing this has both inspired and scared me - anyone else feel like that? i had about 3 mins of my performance written and rehearsed and everything when i went to see it, and afterwards it was a mixture of "I'm SO getting in now!" and "Oh shit, my performance sucks!" like i was so excited but so insecure as well. :eek:

oh, and can someone please tell me what the rose ritz performance in program b was about. I'm becoming quietly paranoid about it because i'm starting to worry that my character was done at onstage (please no!). kthnx.

Hi Dorrie lol yea on the program thingy it says rose ritz is about....Rose ritz is a 40yr old recent divorcee trying to record her 1st every dating video in the desperate hope of not having a lonely old age

I really liked it but it wasnt my fav, she sat on a chair and liek did her video thing, but by pretending she was beign filmed it restricted her movement on stage so she couldnt really use much of the stage. i dunt really remember much of it but the girl was from newtown high

i hope urs doesnt end up like hers cause dw im gion through the same thing wit sumone elses but my teacher told me not to worry cause it hard to think of sumthn orginal i mean most of the stuff has allready been done and the markers will understand good luck xxx

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
oh, thank God. it's not the same thing as mine by a long shot. *phew* just the title freaked me out. sounds interesting though.

greenapple^0^

HSC
vogue said:
that one was great to i liked how they used sounds to do the main production of things. and it was the first group of 6 that i though actually worked !
yeah i liked dat one as well...love how it was different~~!! and i like the c'est la vie that one was really good ..love how he moved..and it was funny as well ..well if u think about it everyone was mostly humour but they did so well..i hope i get in hahaha but i doubt it but i have a feeling one of my classmate....

roxychicksta

HSC
yes i went to onstage last week with my school and i was disappointed with the performances this yr...i had a girl from my school in it tho named Gemma...anyways thats my opinion...x0x

Maddie678

HSC
SuNrIsE_oVa_sEa said:
Ive been doing drama since i was 5 so i think i do know wat is good and wat isnt-they were so crap especially in the voice section they didnt articulate their words-not good for theatre. And y why would i b jealous i havent even done my hsc yet...ur probably 1 of the girls who were in that play thats y ur sayin it...cause it was seriously pretty bad -but thats just my opinion-every one can have an opinion its pretty stupid of u to say i have bad taste in drama cause u dnt know me
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH PFFFFFF!!!!

EVERYONE SuNrIsE oVa sEa has been doing drama since she was 5....LETS JUST MAKE THAT LOUD AND CLEAR!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

blueyez

HSC
vogue said:
i ain't no tool you anti santa lemon human !!!!!!!!!!!!!! wat about timmi hey what about timmmmi
hmmmmm... your idea about santas and lemons and watermelons and shopping and... i wont go on, somone might steal our idea.... but you never know, it could work, maybe, i think..... hmmmmm. anyway why dont we discuss this at school like normal people would? you crazy drama student, you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)