Onstage Nominations (1 Viewer)

heffo10

HSC
onstage this year was shit it was al singing n shit n dancing n flapy stuff all the stuff at my school was beter than the stuff in onstage the judges are fuked in wat goes to onstage the arena was ok n the platform one was good the queen one was the worst n also the work one

N

noir.

I really liked the first and last group performances. I agree with you about the Queen one - I wanted it to end, just too boring. I also didn't like that one with the cake or whatever. That was boring.

Sandchez2

HSC
goosiegoo said:
Do you guys ever think that maybe kids from Newtown get into onStage because.. umm.. they deserve it. Because they could be talented? Especially seeing as they had to audition to get into Newtown.. and... they do more drama than us and have really fantastic drama teachers etc.
So.. yes: they have an advantage. But it's in advantage in their learning and they're not necessarily favoured. I mean have you seen their pieces? Are you an experience drama marker?
Besides: It's just onstage. It's not the end of the world.
ummm no!!!!!!
Newtown's gp this year sucked total ass!
it was the biggest piece of shit ever
and whoever came up with the ideas should not be doing drama
it sucked so much

and by the way u need 2 get fullmarks 2 get into onstage,
but unlike dance and music not everyone who gets full marks gets a nomination
so you can get full marks but not get a nomination
but with music and dance if you get full marks you get automatic nomination

goosiegoo

HSC
Sandchez2 said:
ummm no!!!!!!
Newtown's gp this year sucked total ass!
it was the biggest piece of shit ever
and whoever came up with the ideas should not be doing drama
it sucked so much

and by the way u need 2 get fullmarks 2 get into onstage,
but unlike dance and music not everyone who gets full marks gets a nomination
so you can get full marks but not get a nomination
but with music and dance if you get full marks you get automatic nomination
Well, that's your opinion...

You don't need to get full marks to get an onstage nomination, you can get a nomination with a 29/30... if it's particularly good but there was a technical mark, or something like that, that you had to take off. My drama teacher has nominated 29/30's for onstage before.
Anyway, what's that got to do with it?

Azzman

HSC
in the end its not about going to onstage, its a great thing to get to but in the end its about the marks. i no previous groups that got lke 35 out of 30 for there group performance and they didnt even get nominated but they all got outstanding marks.
so you should be proud. guys

Azzman

HSC
in the end its not about going to onstage, its a great thing to get to but in the end its about the marks. i no previous groups that got lke 35 out of 30 for there group performance and they didnt even get nominated but they all got outstanding marks.
so you should be proud.
congrats to all who made it.

but i went to this years (2007) onstage show b i think it was n i was umimpressed really, there were a few that stood out but most of em r like meh seen it b4. were as i went 2 the 2006 one and there were great ones there
but they were all from the same school both years just about give or take a few small schools.

kelsinator

HSC
I GOT NOMINATED FOR MY MONOLOGUE! found out yesterday! SO stoked! i thought i would get in for group- not ip! there was another ip nomination and theres only 6 of us too! so my school (manly selective) did so well! YAY

kelsinator

HSC
AlleyCat said:
You have to get full marks, ie 30/30.
AlleyCat said:
The people who decide also disregard any performance with swearing/violence or excessive sexual references, so keep that in mind.

Alternatively, you can just devise the best goddam performance you can muster, ignoring any conservative parameters, and get top marks for a much more original/innovative performance, and forget all about onstage bullshit.

hey guys sorry, but onstage nominations arent thwarted by those politics. if u get full marks u get a nomination. the end. its only the ones that then go on to get chosen and performed, are there considerations such as swearing/sexuality etc. and the type of school also doesnt account for anything. there are no 'spots'- they do not have a limit. anyone who gets full marks gets nominated. know this for certain.

also, i just got into onstage and mine was very very sexual- in the end i have sex on stage and orgasm. now, i wont get chosen for the seymour centre because its confrontational, but because i got full marks i got chosen. thats how monologue like 'the orange' are still able to receive nominations.

It is a fair system. you may have missed out by one mark :S

fronttoback

HSC
My GP was nominated and IP were nominated. I'm feel really lucky because I know it's so subjective. Took the easy route and did script for my IP. Does anyone know if you can get in for both IP and GP? It seems against the whole diversity and representation ethos of the OnStage process. TBH I'm just happy that we've scored well.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)