Onstage Nominatoins (1 Viewer)

mcjaffa

ok so did the people who actually got IN get a letter or something? because i'm finding there are a lot of unsubstantiated rumours surrounding the whole 'getting-in' process and i wanna know the truth. one friend told me you're notified whether you did or you didn't, is this true?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
mickmeister said:
ok so did the people who actually got IN get a letter or something? because i'm finding there are a lot of unsubstantiated rumours surrounding the whole 'getting-in' process and i wanna know the truth. one friend told me you're notified whether you did or you didn't, is this true?
The guy in my school who was nominated for his IP was informed via the school, though he may have got a letter as well. I don't know.

mcjaffa

thanks :) but i'm especially interested in finding out about the whole NOT getting in notification... am i just gonna be left hanging here until the actual performance before i'm told i didn't make it?!?! lol!!

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
mickmeister said:
the letter says: "You will be advised by letter after the HSC examinations if your performance has been selected for the OnSTAGE program."

so, im guessing we'll find out pretty soon, and also guessing by that, Im pretty sure you will only be notified if you are in the program, not if you did or didnt.

mcjaffa

wait-- there was an *original* letter? i never got that! heh. i guess i should just let it all go.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
the original letter should have gone through your school. I know you have to sign something if you get in, but do you if you get nominated?

mcjaffa

ah, yes. now i remember. the *letter*. el stupido me-o. yeah i had to sign some sort of declaration cos of the nomination. bah! who cares anymore :( i should probably start this in a new thread but is anyone auditioning for NIDA?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
mickmeister said:
ah, yes. now i remember. the *letter*. el stupido me-o. yeah i had to sign some sort of declaration cos of the nomination. bah! who cares anymore :( i should probably start this in a new thread but is anyone auditioning for NIDA?
nup :p

submitted IP's are being returned so nominations for those should be coming out too. i didnt get one :( meh, i'm over it!

HSC
I just found out today my ip research project got a nomination!!!!!!!
I found out through the school... they sent everyone elses back but not mine and there was a note saying my student number's had been withheld for possible onstage presentation!!!

Kean

HSC
Sorry I hope you dont mind me asking but what is onstage? Im guessing its where the best group and individuals are performed???

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Yeah, its all the exemplary performances.

Something alot of people dont get (prepares to doge flying plates) is that the ones that got in are not necessarily the BEST IPs and GPs, but they are exemplery in some way. I.e. This acting is average, but the character is AMAZING... we'll put it in. These kids arn't the best of actors, but the way they manipulate theatrical elements to produce a political statement is brilliant, and whats better is that the statement isnt agains the Board!!! :p

Just some food for thought...

courtnez

Now, what I want is Facts
HSC
onSTAGE + submitted works

I know a girl from my school was nominated for her poster and promotions project, however she herself doesn't know it yet as the letters haven't been sent. One of our teachers is a senior marker for some drama major works, so there's a bit of insider knowledge there :D. They apparently also finished all the marking for it yesterday, or perhaps it was the day before.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Will_Sparky said:
Yeah, its all the exemplary performances.

Something alot of people dont get (prepares to doge flying plates) is that the ones that got in are not necessarily the BEST IPs and GPs, but they are exemplery in some way. I.e. This acting is average, but the character is AMAZING... we'll put it in. These kids arn't the best of actors, but the way they manipulate theatrical elements to produce a political statement is brilliant, and whats better is that the statement isnt agains the Board!!! :p

Just some food for thought...
:uhhuh: onstage is political..always certain schools get in. I've seen a lot of dodgy Ips and Gps, but like i said, thats coz its political, and people always know people "in the system".

HSC
grk_styl said:
what was ur research project about miss unsquiggle?
it was on stanislavski's method of acting
hold on i dunno if i can explain it ill try and find my hypothesis.

“Success is transient, evanescent. The real passion lies in the poignant acquisition of knowledge about all the subtleties and shading of the creative secrets”.
-Konstantin Stanislavski

Acting is a creative art that involves continual learning; therefore success is only ever temporary.

then i linked that to the passion shown in the development of stanislavski's method, its existence today, how it was never finished (success is temporary) and the poignancy bit of the quote i linked to psychological problems that have been linked to certain methods of acting in stanislavski's system

i was kinda worried about doin one on stanislavski cos it seems like something alot of people would do
but im pretty happy now :D

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
courtnez said:
I know a girl from my school was nominated for her poster and promotions project, however she herself doesn't know it yet as the letters haven't been sent. One of our teachers is a senior marker for some drama major works, so there's a bit of insider knowledge there :D. They apparently also finished all the marking for it yesterday, or perhaps it was the day before.
So does that mean its not weird that my whole schools IPs aren't back yet? Could it just be that we're the last centre or something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)