OnStage? (1 Viewer)

niteshade1312

HSC
Just wanted to know whether anyone knew when we would find out if we were selected for OnStage.. I guess I have a bit of wishful thinking... :)

If you know, Congrats!!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
many many onstage performances are from newtown performing arts. so if ur not from there, your chance halves.

no, seriously, youll prob find out in a month or so. last year a friend got into it and she knew straight away, on the day. another found out a month later. it all depends. im not hopeful. i swore too much in mine.

luckily i dont care...

best of luck tho.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I've heard from a somewhat reliable source that we can expect the nominations to be released to your teachers next week, and if not I'd say early in the week after that.

niteshade1312

HSC
where did this reliable source come from? My teacher has set me on an investigation and is very hopeful that someone from my school will get in.. then again I'm not sure...

*fingers crossed

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
onstage is political and it is censored and it is full of shit...mostly.

dont gauge ur performance on whether you get into onstage...i have seen excellent pieces that didnt even get nominated and i have seen onstage performances that were pretty questionable.

the final decision is down to personal opinion and preference. ao dont beat yourself up about it.

Peartie

HSC
Alley cat: many many onstage performances are from newtown performing arts

Not true, theyre just lucky - onstage has a certain number of performances from state, private, catholic and performing arts schools that HAVE to be nominated then a certain number from them that get into onstage - this is done to satisfy every type of school - at least thats what my teacher said, but we've worked out that no-one from my school will ever get in :p (according to teachers neway) and even if my group was nominated we couldnt do it because two of us will be overseas next year

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Peartie said:
Alley cat: many many onstage performances are from newtown performing arts

Not true, theyre just lucky - onstage has a certain number of performances from state, private, catholic and performing arts schools that HAVE to be nominated then a certain number from them that get into onstage - this is done to satisfy every type of school - at least thats what my teacher said, but we've worked out that no-one from my school will ever get in :p (according to teachers neway) and even if my group was nominated we couldnt do it because two of us will be overseas next year
dont get me wrong. i think the newtown people are very talented. im not saying they dont deserve to be there im just saying that there are many newtown pa's people in onstage. im mostly jealous :)

as i said before good luck to everyone

steffo

steph
HSC
the never ending onstage fiasco...

nominations should be out within a few weeks apaprently. i find it hard to believe that somebody found out on the day... that's rather ridiculous.

we're trying to get a regional onstage up and running this year in newcastle, called 'theatre express', but the video auditions had to go in RIGHT before performance week in newcastle, so they got no response haha. but i think they're trying again.

onstage nominations i think are a good gauge of how well your performed, but whether you a succesful or not depends on the themes and tone of all performances in NSW. they base their selections on what kind of pieces were chosen/written and put a selection from the most popular theme, or so i gather from a previous onstage selector from newcastle.

it's all a bit silly, and really, we get SO worked up about it, and onstage means jack shit. it is a good chance to perform at a nice venue, yeh, but it does not mean you will be a succesful actor, it does not mean people will like your performance either. i dont even know what it means. but we are all obsessed by it. and that's okay too i guess, but not entirely healthy.

PLUS PERFORMANCE ARE OVER! DOESN'T ANYBODY ELSE WANT TO GET ON WITH THEIR LIFE????

Peartie

HSC
there is no way you can find out on the day....EVERY performance needs to be looked at and guaged by the markers so that it is FAIR and BALANCED!

jenni12345

I always thought 'On Stage' was to show how people have used props well, how they have used costume/lighting effectively... it doesn't have to be an overly great performance, just showing the years to do it in the future what some people did with the elements of drama that were effective and scored them marks. i guess all those performing arts schools (like newtown) tend to do this particularly well...even though i believe it's rigged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck all.....i'm just glad it's all over.....cept those darn exams!

dany_starlet

HSC
How do you get tickets for On Stage 06 when they come out?

jaihson

HSC
Apparently nominations for some are out! A school near me had 1 group and 1 IP nominated, and their school was told this morning.

niteshade1312

HSC
REALLY!! Where is this school at?

I dont care that onstage is showcasing the worst or the best of the pieces, it would just be a nice thing to add onto the whole horrible year of HSC.. It would be nice to even just say you were nominated, but now im getting scared.. rather not scared.. just over it...

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
yeah they should be out soon.

they dont confer on onstage nominations. they tick a box. then later the pieces are filmed and the best get through. its a complex process but quite a few get nominated in the first round.

i hope some of you get in. post as soon as you know k??

floyd_pepper

HSC
YAAAAAAAAAAAY! our group got nominated! just found out today.
didnt see that one comin.

diediedie

HSC
onstage

yay! our group got in as well, we found out this morning.....also my mates IP got selected as well...very un expected!! woohoo im sooo excited..

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I've come to the conclusion that ONSTAGE is a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a farce of a hypocricy. I was dissapointed at not being nominated but after about 40 minutes of my dissapointment festering into a pungent bitterness I moved on. For anytime I've ever talked up ONSTAGE, I apologise. I was naive and didn't realise what a joke the whole thing is. A group and two IP's were nominated at my school... The IP's weren't the best two in the class... But that's ONSTAGE I guess... Congratulations to those who got it. Expect more bitter, twisted slandering of ONSTAGE in the coming weeks, months and years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)