open days (1 Viewer)

astarael

strawberryqueen
HSC
since the "season" i guess you would call it, is upon us...

what open days have you been to/are planning to go to?

i went to monash pharmacy college this morning...it was pretty good. i'll probably also go to melbourne and maybe latrobe as well.

did anyone else go to monash/deakin?

Trigger_003

HSC
Yeah I've been at Monash all day. It was a pretty good day - had a good look at Architecture, Business Information Systems and Music and met up with a heap of people. I don't know that it's helped me decide on which area I want to go into haha, but at least I have more information.

I'll have a look at Melb/VCA as well. Perhaps RMIT for Architecture next weekend - supposedly it's quite good there.

Eriny

Awesome Member
HSC
I'm only going to melbourne this year but last year I went to Deakin, RMIT, Melbourne and LaTrobe.

Matthew89

HSC
i had a look at monash. Wasn't extremely helpful, but it has inspired me to apply for a scholarship

brows

HSC
i went to monash today. I honestly dont like it alot. Its too big and there isnt any real visual history to it. Its sort of cold concrete wide space sorta feel. Like carpark, building, carpark sorta thing. I dont know if i wanna go there now.

Anyone else feel similar?? opposite??

astarael

strawberryqueen
HSC
i only went to the parkville campus so i can't really say. the main thing putting me off clayton is that its so far away.

some of the buildings at melbourne are really nice...although i'd feel pretty shallow if i ended up choosing a course just because i liked the buildings at the uni...

EDIT: which scholarship, Matthew89? i asked about scholarships for pharmacy and they said you pretty much have to be a rural student or get 99.95 to get a scholarship for pharmacy...

Last edited:

Toothpick

BATBYGOBSTOPL
HSC
I went to Monash - Clayton today. Went through most of the faculties; law, med, science, engineering, IT, arts, edu. etc.

hehe free food. :)

Matthew89

HSC
astarael said:
which scholarship, Matthew89? i asked about scholarships for pharmacy and they said you pretty much have to be a rural student or get 99.95 to get a scholarship for pharmacy...
Engineering. You need at least 98.00 to be considered. I doubt i'll do that well, but theres no harm in applying............ is there?

justCARLA

HSC
I've previously been to the Deaking open day so I'm only going to the ACU one this year..... i've already put in my preferences but i suppose if i end up liking one uni more than the other then i can change them around...

coblin

Banned
HSC
I put Deans Scholars Engineering @ Monash as first preference initially, but I do not regret removing it for Engineering/Commerce @ Melbourne.

Travel time is much less, and the double degree is very stimulating material for me. I think if I had done single BCom or single BE, I'd get bored. The double degree is great, and I think the University of Melbourne must suffer from tunnel-vision to make this stupid decision to cut double degrees.

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
coblin said:
and I think the University of Melbourne must suffer from tunnel-vision to make this stupid decision to cut double degrees.
lawlz, I would never do a double degree anyway. Its not useful for me -- a waste.

w2dot

HSC
Double degree can be useful...but its personal choice.

I've never been to clayton, but i have been to unimelb and monash parkville

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)