Open High lesson (1 Viewer)

elisabeth

HSC
Anyone else going on Mon 28th? I definately know it's on for continuers and extention, not sure about beginners.

chepas

HSC
Wow they've started early this year.

Open High face-to-faces are cool :D.

I didn't know there were any other Germaners doing it through OHS this year? :p. ROLL CALL.. Who is?

chepas

HSC
Open High School - the school that you go to if you can't do a LOTE at your usual school, and you do the work by correspondence.

Lesson Days - Every so often (in German they were VERY far apart!) they have an actual class where the students go into the physical school (it exists as a building, classrooms and all) and have face-to-face lessons just to consolidate what you've been learning between sending parcels of work back between you and your teacher there. OHS is in Randwick - end of the known Earth (from my way anyway hehe).

:p

elisabeth

HSC
chepas said:
Open High School - the school that you go to if you can't do a LOTE at your usual school, and you do the work by correspondence.

Lesson Days - Every so often (in German they were VERY far apart!) they have an actual class where the students go into the physical school (it exists as a building, classrooms and all) and have face-to-face lessons just to consolidate what you've been learning between sending parcels of work back between you and your teacher there. OHS is in Randwick - end of the known Earth (from my way anyway hehe).

:p
Mine too - guess who'll be getting up at 6am so I can get to Sydney in time... I take that bus from central station, the one that takes about 40 minutes. It was cool last time though, because there were another two girls who looked hopelessly lost and confused, and of course, we all turned out to be OHS-ers. The story of "the train was delayed!" was more convincing with the three of us there.

OHS is a little eerie though... I'm not used to the bars everywhere and being locked in the building. Glad my school isn't like that.

elisabeth

HSC
Well, the actual lessons were a bit dull... but the other students and teachers were nice enough.

Did anyone have Mr Ulricher? (sp?) He seemed like a nice guy. I reckon he looked so much like Brian Thompson from Frontline though :D

chepas

HSC
D'oh I wish I had replied earlier but I am so preoccupied these days its sickening.

There is a bus that takes about half that from Central.

The 372. You can pick it up from somewhere in Railway Square - but if you go to the far other side of Central - through the Devonshire Street tunnel - go out of that tunnel until you see Chalmer's Street. Go up a little side street that has the Gaelic Club on it till you meet a one way street, the next one up from the station. The 372 departs from the side with the 7/11 on it. Takes about 20 minutes and drops you off at Cook St.

Yeah - they were a bit. The more you get to know people the better they get. The closer to the HSC they start to feed you and offer you morning tea and lunch ;).

I remember a Mr Ulricher, but not much. Christa Ernst-Wilson (head teacher) and Mrs Wormleaton were the other nicest teachers. My teacher was Mr Hofstetter good bloke but ein bisschen lost sometimes!

Brian Thompson? Haha!

sabrina123

HSC
i was meant to go there today but i had an extension english thing on at my school so i couldn't make it. did i miss much? i was meant to go for extension.. anyone else have mr keevil?

elisabeth

HSC
Yeah Sabrina, he's my teacher.

Basically, we didn't do -all- that much...

Morning - did some speaking practise (questions off a sheet). Then Mr K did his yawn inducing piece on grammar, going over the same nominative/accusative/dative/genative cases thing.

Then we looked at the 2003 hsc paper, got a crapload of handouts (wie immer!) of the paper and did some of the reading comprehension exercises. Later we did writing practise - a letter to our parents persuading them that we should be allowed to go on a trip to France with your German exchange friends.

Then....... home! Would've been nice to hang around and get to know everyone in the class a bit better, but we just dispersed and went home.

sabrina123

HSC
Wow, so for all I know you could've been sitting right next to me in past classes! Doesn't sound like I missed all too much... are you doing extension? Mr K told me that not alot were doing it this year.

Hehe how boring is his grammar class? Did he wear suspenders again? hehe...

elisabeth

HSC
Ah, well you have to come to the next one Sabrina, and maybe we'll meet each other (due to those damned dorky nametags!) then. ;)

Funny, but I always pictured Mr K as a short, slim, old but still light brown haired dude. Boy was I wrong...

I was doing extention... for all of one term. I handed in one cover page, decided it was too much work, along with 2 jobs and 12 other units and dropped it. I could've managed it, but catching up one term's work and trying to keep a balance on other schoolwork would've left me with no free time.

Yeah, grammar class = boring. Same old, same old...

Are you a native speaker?

sabrina123

HSC
Yeah, I am. I've barely handed in any extension work... I've done Term 4, Week 1's work and that's all I've sent in. I'm thinking of dropping it, just because my other subjects take up so much time, even though it scales well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)