Open High School - your opinion (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
For those who attend/attending Open High School, what is your opinion on the school? Was it a bad experience or a good one? Did you like doing the language via correspondence or did/do you hate it?

I am doing Japanese Continuers through it and disliking it, I have a bad experience involving a teacher who told me to quit then later on telling my mum that she had "worser students than me that completed the course".

kokame

HSC
hm... i'm doing chinese beginners... i think. and i really like it. i think correspondence is really good (for me)
however, i find it really hard to turn my work in on time ><
and also it's hard, as i'm the only one in the school doing chinese through OHS, to get help when i don't know what to fill in on the sheet
also i really don't like doing voice recordings... i never manage to submit them on time so they're always all clumped together. another thing which is really weird is the open days. it's great to see the teachers, but we just play games all day T.T(i kinda sound like a nerd)

but besides the thinks i don't like about it, i think it's quite fun. however, my teachers pronunciations aren't always correct.. which is a bit annoying
wow your teacher is really.. not nice. if you enjoy learning the language, keep doing it, no matter what your teacher says!!

i wanted to pick up korean through OHS except, they don't offer korean beginners in the HSC so i would have to drop it after a year. so it just means that i have to study a lot so that the teachers think that i'm ready to jump into continuers :)

hehe sorry about my random story ^^;;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)