Open University (1 Viewer)

mr.tos

HSC
Ok, I have a really bad feeling that I'm going to bomb the HSC. My mate told me not to worry and mentioned this open university stuff, where you study online and you don't need any particular entrance mark or UAI etc... At the end of the course you are then given the full degree like any other uni student.

It seems to good to be true, so just wondering if this is the case!

Thanks.

Last edited:

moc2009

HSC
N/A
It’s true.

You can usually do your degree quicker also or you can take your time and take up to 10 years – it depends on you and how many units you can do.

You do get a real degree and it’s not an “Open University” degree, for example if you do the Bach of Business you graduate with a degree from Monash Uni, if you do the Arts you graduate with a degree from Macquarie or Griffith (whichever one you do the units with). – Your Degree will be the same as if you went to the actual University and will say nothing about being done via Open University.

There are no entry requirements – only for the Bach of Education and for the Post Grad Degrees.

You can get HECS (HELP) the same as if you were at uni and you do it all by correspondence and in your own time (so you can work full time too).

Here is their website, the next enrolments close in February so you have plenty of time to enrol if you don’t get an offer from uni.

The only thing is that because it is all by correspondence it means that you have to be pretty motivated to get it done.

Here is the site you can check the FAQ and the degrees to see if there is any you want, when you look at the degrees it also shows you what Uni you will get the degree from.

https://www.open.edu.au

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You've got a year ahead to fix up whatever issues you have, why not spend time actually identifying a way to study/fix up your HSC?

If you can't dedicate a year of your life to studying, then I don't really see how its going to be any different when the underlying issue is still there, and probably emphasised with the correspondence aspect of OU

mr.tos

HSC
Ok thanks that is great news.

The only reason why I suspected that I might bomb out is that this year I'm focusing on some other studies. Which involves a fair amount of work at home / self study, which doesn't leave much time for school stuff.

So this type of thing would work perfectly if i did completely stuff it. However, I'm thinking positively and this is only as a back up.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)