Opinions and help????? Repeating?? (1 Viewer)

NM5853

HSC
Alright so, I'm so close to graduating but is there a chance that my school will repeat me? I have hardly turned up to Business and Society and Culture because my teachers are an absolute joke and I've learnt more studying by myself rather than me sitting there for an hour learning about nothing for 2 straight years. I do all the assignments though and finished my PIP. Opinions??? I don't need an ATAR as I've got a back up option with a diploma. And I know one option is to obviously turn up which I think would be a good idea now.

Neil_

HSC
Don't repeat! Honestly, if you feel as though you're learning more from self-teaching then continue to show up at school and continue to teach yourself at home. If you find that you don't need an ATAR, you could pursue a diploma at TAFE/College (if you're of leaving age i.e. 17).

Besides, repeating bears no benefit. You're just going to endure the same feeling that you're feeling now for a longer period of time.

1 term left, don't repeat.

Last edited:

Snowflek

HSC
Don't repeat! Honestly, if you feel as though you're learning more from self-teaching then continue to show up at school and continue to teach yourself at home. If you find that you don't need an ATAR, you could pursue a diploma at TAFE/College (if you're of leaving age i.e. 17).

Besides, repeating bears no benefit. You're just going to endure the same feeling that you're feeling now for a longer period of time.

1 term left, don't repeat.
He's asking if the school will force him to repeat, not asking for advice if he should repeat.

NM5853

HSC
Oh no, there is no way I'm going through Year 12 again, I think I'd rather throw myself in lava.

Neil_

HSC
He's asking if the school will force him to repeat, not asking for advice if he should repeat.
Oops, my bad for partially skimming.

OP: Does your school have an assessment handbook/other assessment documentation? They may contain terms of 'N determination', the award your HOD gives to you saying you fail a subject, and are forced to repeat.

NM5853

HSC
Oops, my bad for partially skimming.

OP: Does your school have an assessment handbook/other assessment documentation? They may contain terms of 'N determination', the award your HOD gives to you saying you fail a subject, and are forced to repeat.
No that's okay, I understand!
Hmm, I do all my assignments on time, I think I just have an "N Award" for not turning up to class!

Neil_

HSC
If you haven't gotten any 'N determination' awards for any courses, then you should be fine. If many students are in the same boat as you, they won't do anything as they most likely won't force a bunch of people to repeat.

NM5853

HSC
If you haven't gotten any 'N determination' awards for any courses, then you should be fine. If many students are in the same boat as you, they won't do anything as they most likely won't force a bunch of people to repeat.
More than a half of my grade is on the same boat as me at the moment, just so sick of it. But if they were gonna repeat me, wouldn't they ring my parents or notify me now? Unless they wanna be inconsiderate and tell me days before grad.. hahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)