• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Opinions sass and bide (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Okay so ... i might get reprimanded for not posting this in fashion and lifestyle section but i dunno i always post in macq general... I sooo should soo be studying right now but ebaying is more fun.

Please don't shoot me asy, i promise this will be my last very unrelated to macq thread! I just want macq opinions lol

What do you girls/guys think of this jacket.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9328814052&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

OR

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...I_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT#ebayphotohosting

and before any of you shoot me for even thinking about buying a jacket thats $290.... regular price is 490 and im in that spendingness mood

I like the brown jacket more but the denim is cheaper?? wat do you guys think??

HSC
N/A
Haha don't worry, I myself am considering spending $400 + on a jacket so I know where you're coming from!

Of the two, the brown is likely to be more versatile (cue textiles waffle about how diagonal lines draw attention gently down away from midpoint creating slimming effect), particularly if you wear denim like 95% of uni students do. Denim and denim together rarely looks good :S

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
glitter you are a jem! I agree with you on the denim top and bottom... it looks wrong.

I only like the front part of the denim jacket, i hate the back bit... plus i want something i can wear wherever... something i can dress down/up, that yellow shirt underneath the brown jacket is hawt!

*hopeful*

HSC
i like the denim more than brown......browns nice but denims funkier

n yes i 2 never wear denim top n bottom.....but imagine that jacket on nethin else n u got hotness......if i had that much 2 waste (well i do but i know i dont need it)

on another note, lol this is funny i actually signed up 2 ebay only 2day during my procrastination n bid n won on some perfume so yeh!

HSC
N/A
I personally like the cut of the denim more as well, but I basically live in jeans, so any jacket made in denim is an absolute no-no for me. My denim-wearing habits aren't going to change anytime soon...! lol

I'm giving serious consideration to signing up to ebay, even though I don't have a credit card. I want to start bidding on Alannah Hill stuff... (goodbye $250 max spending limit, we're going onwards and upwards baby!)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
*has no idea what is good or not so will just walk back into his cave*

Grrr

HSC
N/A
hahaha your clothing education starts here, Mike! :p

Mainstream/cheap clothes tend to have a minimum of tailoring, or large unslightly seams. More upmarket clothes tend to have smaller/finer tailoring details (or tasteful aesthetic tailoring details such as double darts) which do just as much or more for garmet shaping, however as this is more time-consuming this is why the clothes cost more.

Both jackets pictured are gooooooooooooooooooooooood, especially the denim one.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
The brown, because you can dress it up, and get more wear out of it for your $202039393948585

I never quite understood the appeal of labels like "sass and bide" when you pay gazwillions of dollars for something that cost them <$10 to make. Maybe thats just my cynicism after working in a clothing store where they charged top dollar for some crap that a poor 6-year-old Indian girl made, and it would fall apart the next week.

H?

buddy
HSC
The brown is quite nice.

I have to put out a warning to people looking to start bidding on eBay. I liken it to crack - free to start, and costs more and more until you're bankrupt :)

...or maybe that's just me.

ooh! shiny thing! *goes off and bids*

HSC
N/A
Sass and Bide has really, really good cut. Even if they were manufactured in india or something, the drafting of the pattern would have been done in Australia and they do a veerrryyy nice job

monique66

Def the brown.

I have a jacket just like it, only a bit shorter and a different colour. It will look good both dressed up and down :)

*hopeful*

HSC
H? said:
The brown is quite nice.

I have to put out a warning to people looking to start bidding on eBay. I liken it to crack - free to start, and costs more and more until you're bankrupt :)

...or maybe that's just me.

ooh! shiny thing! *goes off and bids*

i agree! with the crack comparison that is

after i won one thing i wuz so ready to bid on some more perfume n then i saw this gorgeous cocktail dress....would have looked so hot on me :p but yeh i had 2 stop myself from bidding a dollar more

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
i like the dirty denim long one (the second jacket) its pretty...

and dont worry about price...i went a bought a $350 jacket just coz i felt like it...if u like the jacket buy it...and its sass and bide...expect a high price :p

*hopeful*

HSC
the brown is nice esp d back but 2 conservative for my style, depends on ur style anniegirl....but i still stick 2 my 1st post (go 4 the denim)

HSC
N/A
hopeful said:
i agree! with the crack comparison that is

after i won one thing i wuz so ready to bid on some more perfume n then i saw this gorgeous cocktail dress....would have looked so hot on me but yeh i had 2 stop myself from bidding a dollar more
^ I have a similar problem, however it applies to real life... :S

My only solution has been to not have a credit card, and to not keep too much money in my purse so I physically can't splurge on the big stuff.

Has worked badly in my favour on two occasions (when I should have put stuff on hold) but otherwise, works like a charm :uhhuh:

*hopeful*

HSC
glitterfairy said:
^ I have a similar problem, however it applies to real life... :S

My only solution has been to not have a credit card, and to not keep too much money in my purse so I physically can't splurge on the big stuff.

Has worked badly in my favour on two occasions (when I should have put stuff on hold) but otherwise, works like a charm :uhhuh:

this is a problem from real life lol i used ebay 1st time ever 2day
yeh i dont have a credit card either 4 the same reason.... nowadays wen im shoppin i just keep on tellin myself i dont need it continously(in my head obviously) n its kinda working.....or maybe i just havent had time 4 splurging in a while....

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
see the brown is something ide wear now coz i am conservative...sort of have to be

but i guess after i lose this weight and down to the size i want, i want to try wearing different stuff that i've always thought looked hot but on other girls.. which is why i'm looking at the two jackets now and trying to decide between the two...either way, im going massive warddrobe changing after i get to my ideal weight :D...

Do i go with whats comfortable? or do i go for something i consider "me?" lol See the brown jacket is me, but only if it had something like that yellow top underneath but that denim jacket is just so hot lol

I'm not going to buy either right now.. im just looking at the denim as sort of my inspiration to keep going lol

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
both are hot but i like the brown :)

Either way you can't go wrong...

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Just buy both and call it an "investment".

(Just saw the pics, lovely design in terms of shortage of material covering the backside).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)